PDA

View Full Version : Expiring passport

subseastu
22nd September 2008, 08:41
Morning all

We might go back to the phils over xmas (depending on outragous flight costs of course) but I've just seen that my wifes passport expires in april next year. Will this be a problem for coming back into the UK with less than 6 months remaining on her passport. Don't want to go through all that to get her turned away at birmingham immigration! Oh yes she has a ILR visa. Is there a maximum time before passport expiry that we can apply for a new one at the phils embassy in london?

KeithD
22nd September 2008, 08:46
It doesn't take long to renew a Phil passport so may as well do it now, then you have no worries.

Mrs Daddy
22nd September 2008, 10:05
yezzz as boss said is not that hard to renew your wife`s passport its good though that you`re going back to PI in december you might as well renew her passport there probably less hassle there than when doing it here.Goodluck!:)

subseastu
22nd September 2008, 10:39
Thanks both for that. I''l probably have to re-new in the uk as we won't be in manila for long, off to tacloban to see the in laws. I was just worried about doing it so soon before the expiry date.

Mrs Daddy
22nd September 2008, 10:42
I cant see any problem with that.but you could renew it from your wife`s place in PI no need to go to manila for that to be renew as I did mine in my city where I live.

subseastu
22nd September 2008, 10:46
Mrs Daddy how do you do that then? Will they transfer the ILR aswell?

Mrs Daddy
22nd September 2008, 10:52
they`re not gonna touch anything from your passport.they transfer all the necessary visa`s inside passport.

subseastu
22nd September 2008, 11:01
Ok so do we go to the local city hall and they can renew the passport for us or do we contact a goverment office. Sorry for these questions but I've no idea about this.

Mrs Daddy
22nd September 2008, 11:04
go to your wife`s local DFA where she get her passports:)

subseastu
22nd September 2008, 11:11
Ah ok. I'll google that to see if theres one in Tacloban. We got the original in manila when we lived in olongopo. WE just want as much time in the province as we can get so locally would be best. Thanks for the help by the way.

A_flyer
22nd September 2008, 11:25
We might go back to the phils over xmas (depending on outragous flight costs of course) but I've just seen that my wifes passport expires in april next year. Will this be a problem for coming back into the UK with less than 6 months remaining on her passport. Don't want to go through all that to get her turned away at birmingham immigration! Oh yes she has a ILR visa. Is there a maximum time before passport expiry that we can apply for a new one at the phils embassy in london?
To travel to the Philippines, for her no problem even with a passport have 1 day remaining you can travel as it's your citizenship country.

Then you have to renew your passport in the Philippines, it's quicker and far less expensive than from UK. You will save time and money.

As you're staying in Tacloban, here is the DFA address there:
DFA Regional Consular Office
OIC: EDMUNDO V. VENTURANZA
Leyte SMED Center, Capitol Site
Tacloban City
Tel. Nos: (053) 321-8233 / 5230080
Fax No: (053) 321-8237
E-mail: taclobanATdfa.gov.ph (tacloban@dfa.gov.ph)

and the requirements: http://www.dfa.gov.ph/consular/renewal.htm

subseastu
22nd September 2008, 11:37
Lovely job, thanks for that

menchkin
22nd September 2008, 14:54
Ah ok. I'll google that to see if theres one in Tacloban. We got the original in manila when we lived in olongopo. WE just want as much time in the province as we can get so locally would be best. Thanks for the help by the way.

You can try calling the DFA Hotline - (632) 7371000 once you're here in PI. They will be the one to pick up you current passport and deliver the new one via 2GO courier. The fee is just P1300 i think and processing time is 10 working days. By the way, you will still be required to go to DFA for personal appearance.

subseastu
22nd September 2008, 15:23
More great information, thanks. Would we have to go DFA manila for the personal appearance or can it be done in tacloban?

menchkin
22nd September 2008, 15:38
More great information, thanks. Would we have to go DFA manila for the personal appearance or can it be done in tacloban?

Not so sure if the personal appearance can be done in Tacloban. Better confirm that when you phone the DFA hotline number.

subseastu
22nd September 2008, 15:49
OK, thanks for all that. Everyone's been a great help to this simple sailor.

telford
22nd September 2008, 16:10
where is your wife from? coz to renew passport now in the province will take 15-20 working days,so you better renew it in manila. they will not transfer her visa and ILR in the new passport,instead, they will not keep her old passport so she can kept her visa and ILR.

A_flyer
22nd September 2008, 17:21
where is your wife from? coz to renew passport now in the province will take 15-20 working days,so you better renew it in manila. they will not transfer her visa and ILR in the new passport,instead, they will not keep her old passport so she can kept her visa and ILR.
Yes of course, she have to ask to keep her old passport for visa and ILR.

A_flyer
22nd September 2008, 17:36
OK, thanks for all that. Everyone's been a great help to this simple sailor.
Yes personal appearance is mandatory because new passport are MRP (Machine Readable Passport) and they have to encode your fingerprints and signature.
My brother-in-law was able to proceed his passport in Cebu DFA 2 months ago, so there should be any problem to proceed it in Tacloban.

Check carefully the requirements (see the link I gave in a preceding post here) to have all the papers required to avoid any additional waiting time. I'm thinking in particular of this one if it has to be amended: Marriage Contract (MC) in Security Paper issued by NSO or CTC issued by the Local Civil Registrar duly authenticated by NSO.

subseastu
23rd September 2008, 08:39
Thanks for that. I always go into these things down by head with paper work, well I try to anyway. How long did it take your brother in law in cebu to get his passport processed? So if I'm understanding this correctly my wife should be able to make her appearence in tacloban DFA for fingerprints etc. I'll call the hotline as well to check.

A_flyer
23rd September 2008, 18:00
How long did it take your brother in law in cebu to get his passport processed?
One month because he preferred to wait rather than paying the extra for a 2 weeks processing (he was not in a hurry).
Have a look there: http://www.passport.com.ph/

subseastu
24th September 2008, 06:39
THanks for the links you've posted, they've been very helpful. THank you to all the folks that have replied to my questions, a pat on the back and a hearty handshake to everyone