PDA

View Full Version : Ajinomoto

telford
21st September 2008, 09:28
Does anyone here knows where to buy Ajinomoto (vetsin) or MSG in Birmingham? Please tell me where coz food for me is nothing without vetsin...

5olidsnake
21st September 2008, 10:30
have you tried the pinoy stall in center of birmingham indoor market

expensive on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Thai-Food-Ajinomoto-MSG-500g_W0QQitemZ170245166585QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116):NoNo:

vbkelly
21st September 2008, 10:40
Does anyone here knows where to buy Ajinomoto (vetsin) or MSG in Birmingham? Please tell me where coz food for me is nothing without vetsin...

hi grace if you want vetsin go to weng yip super store i seen vetsin there or in sing fat store near in city center in birmingham

Mrs Daddy
21st September 2008, 12:09
yezzz as am agrreing with them as i have seen some in our local asian shop but i didnt bother as they said it can cause forgetfullness which am expeiencing it already :D

Ana_may365
21st September 2008, 12:11
have u been to filipino festival?i buy mine in filipino festival 1 year ago when i attend at york fil.festival.or u can buy it in any chinese,thai and indian foods store also.

telford
21st September 2008, 12:58
thanks everyone....yeah I will try to see this week if I can get in these stores... thanks again:)
About being forgetful when using vetsin,I don't care,coz we can be like that sooner or later:icon_lol: important thing is I'm enjoying my food right now :icon_lol:
Anyway, my you all have a nice Sunday:)

PeterB
21st September 2008, 14:55
... important thing is I'm enjoying my food right now :icon_lol:

Even if you forget that you enjoyed it?

Geraldine
21st September 2008, 20:38
Hi Ladies,

Is it safe to use MSG? If I remember it right there was a study before about the adverse reaction to MSG even taken in small amounts. I remember my Mum doesnt use ajinomoto anymore when she read about that study and that was like 10yrs ago! Food still taste great without it.

Just to let you know. :)

telford
22nd September 2008, 11:00
Hi Ladies,

Is it safe to use MSG? If I remember it right there was a study before about the adverse reaction to MSG even taken in small amounts. I remember my Mum doesnt use ajinomoto anymore when she read about that study and that was like 10yrs ago! Food still taste great without it.

Just to let you know. :)

well sis, if it's your time,no matter what u eat and how careful you are u will really go.for me food doesn't taste good without MSG...

Geraldine
22nd September 2008, 11:10
Thats true....life is too short anyway so better enjoy whats life to offer :D

nparvus1202
22nd September 2008, 12:44
According to new tests....

"An ‘international team of experts' met in early 2007 to review the current knowledge of MSG safety, and concluded that MSG was ‘harmless for the whole population' (Consensus Meeting on monosodium glutamate, published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition). They agreed that there was no new evidence (since their last meeting in 1997) that certain individuals reacted badly to MSG.

Glutamate is an important chemical in the brain, and there is the potential for neurological effects if very high levels of glutamate reached the brain. However, the ‘blood-brain' barrier effectively prevents this, and problems in rats have only occurred if massive amounts of MSG are given. The group did comment that people with some illnesses have a compromised blood-brain barrier, and the effect of this on brain glutamate levels is unknown."

Another study here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/main.jhtml?xml=/health/2002/10/29/heye29.xml&sSheet=/health/2002/10/29/ixhmain25.html

amyburple
22nd September 2008, 15:03
Sis i suggest instead of ajinomoto use maggi ginisa heheheh.. I'm using instead of aji... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

telford
22nd September 2008, 16:16
Sis i suggest instead of ajinomoto use maggi ginisa heheheh.. I'm using instead of aji... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I dont like it maggi ginisa sis,sorry...I love my ajinomoto...when i came here before,my mum send it for me...now I will try to look in birmingham,but if I cant, my friend Mae in Cornwall said,she can send me coz she have a filipino neighbor that sold filipino stuffs:) thats sooo good of her.:)

IanB
22nd September 2008, 19:19
I buy and eat a lot of MSG. I can't remember where I get it from, though . . . :cwm12:

Ian

Jay&Zobel
22nd September 2008, 20:20
Try www.EBAY.co.uk or PinoyMinimall.co.uk

gazlou
22nd September 2008, 22:22
Hi, I have seen it in Birmingham indoor market. I've been there every weekend with free philippine newspaper too.:icon_lol:

telford
23rd September 2008, 08:52
Hi, I have seen it in Birmingham indoor market. I've been there every weekend with free philippine newspaper too.:icon_lol:

thats great then:)

fhara
23rd September 2008, 09:10
if you dont have vetsin,try to put a litle white sugar,it helps also than nothing..we tried that..:)

telford
23rd September 2008, 09:46
if you dont have vetsin,try to put a litle white sugar,it helps also than nothing..we tried that..:)

yeah thats what I did lately:)

fhara
23rd September 2008, 09:58
wow thats good...:) thanks for the reply..take care and godbless..

Gavanddal
29th September 2008, 12:33
why put chemicals on your food? I'm sure it's better without. Try some herbs and spices instead.

telford
29th September 2008, 18:49
why put chemicals on your food? I'm sure it's better without. Try some herbs and spices instead.

No thanks:) I wanna enjoy my food while I can:)

Anyway mates, I already got my Ajinomoto in Birmingham Indoor Market today. I got MSG at Shrewsbury last saturday but its not Ajonomoto,so when I saw the Ajinomoto today I bought it.

cheesewiz
30th September 2008, 22:31
since I arrived here 4 years ago I learn to eat without salt or not too much salt on my food though Im still using it occassionally when Im cooking...msg on my covered is ban!

when I go home to Phils I can't eat salty food already even my favourite sinigang I can't eat it bec too much salt on it. I guess eating without too much salt for the last 4 years change my appetite (I don't know if it is bad or good bec some of my friends and relatives in Phils think I am "maarte" coz im in the UK) another thing may be bec I am working in a care home as most of the food we serve there are no salt or small amount of salt of course no MSG.

I know its hard at first to give up what we get use before but there's so many alternatives to make your food nicer and enjoyable and not putting our families health at risk (prevention is better than cure)

gadgets
6th October 2008, 10:47
Hi Telford - just in case you have not found your aji - I was able to get some from Sing Fat.