PDA

View Full Version : Shengen Visa question

Fullofhope
17th September 2008, 19:49
Hello everyone. Can I apply Shengen Visa in UK? My boyfriend and I are planning to go to Paris. Since I will leave here this October 15, I dont know if I will make it. Please advise:)

A_flyer
17th September 2008, 20:20
Hello everyone. Can I apply Shengen Visa in UK? My boyfriend and I are planning to go to Paris. Since I will leave here this October 15, I dont know if I will make it. Please advise:)
Yes, as you are going to Paris you have to go to French Embassy.

Fullofhope
17th September 2008, 20:29
Hi Yves yes I know but my question is can I apply instead in UK?

darren-b
17th September 2008, 20:33
Though not recommended, it is possible for visitors to the UK to apply for Schengen visas at the French Consulate, London.

As though the French Embassy website quotes for citizens of the Philippines a minimum delay of 4 weeks to obtain a visa you are not going to get it in time (I know there was a delay of 4 weeks when my wife applied a couple of years ago).

A_flyer
17th September 2008, 20:40
Hi Yves yes I know but my question is can I apply instead in UK?
What status you have in UK? without a clear one, it's difficult to give an accurate answer especially in visas...

To apply for a tourist visa from a country, you usually need a residency status in this country.

Fullofhope
17th September 2008, 21:02
Yves I only have Visit Visa in UK. So you think theres a slim chance of me applying in UK?

Fullofhope
17th September 2008, 21:03
Though not recommended, it is possible for visitors to the UK to apply for Schengen visas at the French Consulate, London.

As though the French Embassy website quotes for citizens of the Philippines a minimum delay of 4 weeks to obtain a visa you are not going to get it in time (I know there was a delay of 4 weeks when my wife applied a couple of years ago).

so its possible then? The usual requirements applied?

A_flyer
17th September 2008, 21:27
Yves I only have Visit Visa in UK. So you think theres a slim chance of me applying in UK?
Applying, you can always... It's just that the the rule of the game is to pay the 60€ fee first before knowing the answer and it's not refundable.

Chance to get it: very few.

darren-b
17th September 2008, 21:30
so its possible then? The usual requirements applied?

It's possible, though it's not guaranteed that it will be issued. You'll have to check the French Embassy website for the exact requirements - though I think they want to see your return ticket back to the Phillipines, and also at some point they will want to see proof of bookings.

Though as I said ealier the French Embassy will take a minimum of 4 weeks to issue the visa which means even if you applied tomorrow you will not get it until after the 15th October which is when you said you leave here.

Fullofhope
17th September 2008, 21:35
Yves and Darren B thank you so much for the help I really appreciate it. I think I will try to apply there in UK and hope for the best..

Thank you