They are going to fit a clock to the Tower of Pisa

see photo in Holiday folder in Gallery

scotsfiancee
7th August 2006, 07:51
Clock?:Erm: terorist wont waste time there:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

francesca
20th August 2006, 19:18
I was there when Pisa Tower tilted!
I stopped it from crumbling down, hihihi!
look here:

http://francescainfrance.blogspot.com/2006/05/la-bella-italia.html

mupsuit
21st August 2006, 07:59
I was there when Pisa Tower tilted!
I stopped it from crumbling down, hihihi!
look here:

http://francescainfrance.blogspot.com/2006/05/la-bella-italia.html

Great holiday shots - I like your family shot in Florence - as we can see how proud of your husband you are

scotsfiancee
21st August 2006, 09:30
Nice pics huh, i had read your blog :BouncyHappy:

francesca
21st August 2006, 18:31
Thanks.
I have more photos in my travels that would like to share here, but dont know how to.

I got photos when we visited UK . How can I post photos ? I visited the Buckingham Palace , British Museum,Big Ben and Harrods May 2005.
They are a must see when in UK and would like to share, hehe!

ginapeterb
21st August 2006, 22:15
BREAKING NEWS

They are going to fit a clock to the Tower of Pisa

see photo in Holiday folder in Gallery

Mupsuit, do we need to know this ? you started a thread on this, and now we are looking at Francesca and Michel in Florence, whats the connection ? I'm happy for Monsieur et Madame, bon voyage and all that, but why do we need to hear about that.

I am trying to get this forum back on focus...your help would be appreciated, some of our members are getting turned off.

mupsuit
22nd August 2006, 07:58
Mupsuit, do we need to know this ? you started a thread on this, and now we are looking at Francesca and Michel in Florence, whats the connection ? I'm happy for Monsieur et Madame, bon voyage and all that, but why do we need to hear about that.

I am trying to get this forum back on focus...your help would be appreciated, some of our members are getting turned off.

Good Morning Peter

To help you get your mind in focus

The forum as I see it is about UK (or in the light of recent expansion) Western - Filipino relationships

In the main Western = Male and Filipino = Female

The girls give up a lot - the place of their birth, family, friends, job
to start a new life with their husband in the west

One of the main factors affecting their new life is a feeling of isolation which varies from mild to extreme

This is where the forum can play a valuable role - we can respond with encouragement to any contribution made by the Filipino members which touches upon their domestic happiness. In this case a family holiday in Italy

The forum can do much more than focus on problems surrounding the legal issues of visa and settlement and help in the this difficult transitional period in the girls' lives.

You say 'some members' are being turned off ..............?

If I have offended any members with my wish to be supportive of a female contributor by making a positive comment upon her holiday then I apologise

I await the benefit of their further instruction in subsequent posts

ginapeterb
22nd August 2006, 08:42
youre right in what you said, thats great..thats my intepretation of the forum, when I tell you that some members are being turned off, its not about offences caused, its more about, lack of enthusiasm for being a part of it, comments I have received are such as this :

BORING !
JOKE
TEDIOUS
REPETITIVE
UN-INTERESTING
LAUGHABLE

I would not have said that, if it were not so, people come to me privately and state their dispair at the rubbish that is being posted on this forum, they have not specifically cited you as one of those that is posting rubbish, so please dont be offended, in fact on the contrary, generally your contributions are excellent, however, you did start a thread like this :

"BREAKING NEWS

They are going to fit a clock to the Tower of Pisa"

my point is this : i fail to see the relevance to this forum, this thread was cited as one example of the current trend, which is causing the big turn off !, naturally I wouldnt have had to act, if others were not concerned about the current trend, however in the light of your comments, I see no problem with that, I am just flagging a concern, that others would rather I express, as a moderator, Im quite happy for anyone to support other members in their holidays, but may I leave it at that for now.

Thanks

KeithD
22nd August 2006, 09:27
BORING !
JOKE
TEDIOUS
REPETITIVE
UN-INTERESTING
LAUGHABLE

Over the years I've been through all this on my racing forum, and I have to keep a steady middle line balance to keep everyone happy. That I will not always succeed in, but I have the experience to know what the balance is to keep the optimum flow in and around forums.

Some threads do go off topic, that is fine, as long as they stay relevant to something useful.

The Chat/Talk section is for complete waffle about anything. That way people who are no interested in daily chatter can just avoid that section. Simple. And we are working on ensuring this is the case, as it's become a little erratic here since the US forum shut up shop, and newbies not checking the rules or flow of the forum.

Just a few points:

BORING: Then why are you here? No one forces you.

JOKE: It has helped hundreds of people, and still is, and will do. The forum is light hearted it is not a court room, although we are now taking steps to keep certain things in the areas they are supposed to be in.

TEDIOUS: Who the hell is forcing you to read it? :Erm:

REPETITIVE: All forums suffer from that, a SEARCH notice has been posted at the top.

UN-INTERESTING: Again, why are you reading it then? The VAST majority find it interesting, the stats say so, and as stats make me a hell of a lot of money gambling, then I always go with them.

LAUGHABLE: Yes humour. I love it. I'm a scoucer, always have been, always will be. If you don't like a laugh, go visit a graveyard!

Forums evelove, and always will do, as they take on the personallities of the people on them at that time. People come & go all the time, that is fact, but as mentioned earlier, we are taking a few steps to ensure things are in the correct threads, and breach of copyright does not get me into trouble.

Thanks for your understanding. :cwm38:

KeithD
22nd August 2006, 09:28
PS. This was posted in the HUMOUR secton the correct place, so is fine.

ginapeterb
22nd August 2006, 09:35
I didnt realize it was in the humour section, however on this occasion as I didnt notice, I will take it on the chin, and we will leave it at that.

KeithD
22nd August 2006, 09:59
I tend to miss what sections things are in as well.
I must pay more attention....

russ01539
3rd September 2006, 20:45
Well i read this forum regularly, have made some great new friends, had a laugh, and also most importantly given and received a great deal of advice for both me and asawa ko.

Keep it up cos every post is relevant in some way to different members depending on what they are looking for. It doesnt even bother me when new members arrive and ask all the questions we've answered so many times before. I just put it down to them being poor navigators of your site. And rules and procedures change.