PDA

View Full Version : FA to look into Ferguson remarks

Win2Win
17th September 2008, 12:10
The Football Association looks into remarks made by Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson about referees' chief Keith Hackett.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7620692.stm)

Dedworth
17th September 2008, 16:37
good news

aromulus
18th September 2008, 09:22
He is always remarking about "something".....:Erm:

Admittedly, he is very protective of his players, which is admirable, but he is getting a bit boring with his "remarks" about the refs.

Ok, they ain't perfect, by all means, but give them a break.
Who knows what kind of pressure they are under....:NoNo:

You don't hear about refs having a go at managers.....:Erm:

KeithD
18th September 2008, 09:41
As far as I'm concerned the managers should be allowed to say what they want, instead of being treated like we live in China, and everything they say that may be against a ref is treated like a criminal offence. :NoNo:

Dedworth
18th September 2008, 10:23
As far as I'm concerned the managers should be allowed to say what they want, instead of being treated like we live in China, and everything they say that may be against a ref is treated like a criminal offence. :NoNo:

:angry:The problem with Fergerscum is it is all bitter half truths when it concerns the other team but his outfit are whiter than white and always the victims. He conveniently forgets the penaltys awarded against the away teams and other dubious decisions at Sold Trafford. I'll never forget that Tottenham disallowed goal that was about 4 feet over the line a couple of years ago.

KeithD
18th September 2008, 11:20
But that's the same for every manager! :Erm: I can't remember one manager coming out after a match and saying "What a crap ref, he made some really bad decisions against the opposition, they definitely should have had at least 2 penalties against us!" :NoNo:

Dedworth
18th September 2008, 14:57
But that's the same for every manager! :Erm: I can't remember one manager coming out after a match and saying "What a crap ref, he made some really bad decisions against the opposition, they definitely should have had at least 2 penalties against us!" :NoNo:

True but few other Managers display the absolute venom and bile that he does. This latest incident doesn't even involve his team -although I suppose they are rivals who he is having to play catch up with. A good result last night firing blanks against the Spanish - no doubt the officials were to blame for the fact that Fergerscum's team never put it in the back of the net

KeithD
18th September 2008, 19:36
:icon_lol: I wouldn't call it venom, more like obvious comments that all managers roll out at some point during the season.....I think 1/2 the managers in the Prem last year got done by the FA for free speech :doh