PDA

View Full Version : Let me introduce myself, well an update at least.

JustSomeGuy
6th August 2006, 19:48
Well I guess it's about time I got round to updating you all with my position, not sure how much I have told you all about my story.
Sorry it's a bit disjointed.

I met Marilou at a good friends wedding last year in Manila, At the time I had plans to travel and had booked a 6 month trip around south America to learn Spanish and do some volunteer work.
Marilou had plans to go join some friends in Dubai to continue her dentistry.
But like so many things in life plans change.

Marilou was the sister of the bride, we spent a lot of time with others sorting out all them last minute issues that always come along and became closer (2 weeks).

Of course daily phone calls and YM followed ;-)
Anyway I returned to manila after a month, to ask permission to start courting her. I returned again at the end of november for 6 weeks to get to know her better and to spend christmas together.
On new years day in front of her family I asked her to marry me.... she was a little shocked. (Yes i had already asked permission from her family)
So we set a date, end of august. Not the best time of year and only just over 1 year after we met... but sometimes you just know.

Since then I've been back in march, may and June, June was mainly because I messed up "no impediment for marriage" back in may (didn't leave 21 clear days before my trip..Doh)

In June we sorted out the licence, I did find the family planning quite amusing, they told us that all the condoms sent from London are "oversized", obviously a way that the English try to intimidate the men there ;-).
One small problem was that my lady didn't have her CENOMAR which takes 5 days to get (and we had left it a bit late...like thursday), but of coarse no CENOMAR no licence, we went along to the town hall anyway. both of us are required to sign the application form. Of course they started with "sorry got to wait until you have the CENOMAR", then out come the bag of sweets and the polite chat while marilou is off talking to someone else. then suddenly "oh ok but you must bring in the CENOMAR when you pick up the licence"....1 bag of Tesco's value chocolate éclairs (40p) priceless :-)

Anyway I'm going back next Sunday, for 4 weeks. 2 before and 2 after the wedding, then the the real fun of visas begin. actually I must admit I'm writing this while carefully (avoiding) sorting all the phone bills, bank statements, boarding cards and other random rubbish they require.

Dave,
(oh in the UK they have closed the IQE waiting list so Marilou can't do the exams to continue dentistry here....(bizarrely if we move anywhere else in Europe or I wasn't English then she wouldn't need them!)

Pauldo
7th August 2006, 13:53
On new years day in front of her family I asked her to marry me.... she was a little shocked. (Yes i had already asked permission from her family)

I've often wondered what happens if the guy gets down on bended knee, in front of loads of family, and pops the question, and the girl were to sneer and say something like:

"No way. You must be joking, right? " :Erm:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

JustSomeGuy
8th August 2006, 08:50
I suppose you should be able to tell what she is going to say but

I guess you have a few choices:

You could Smile and say is something like " Phew that was close "
(the joker)

or

Fall to floor, sob uncontrollably for a bit,
(the "new man")

or

Ask for the number of her friend / sister etc
(the B*****d)

or

all the above.
(multiple personality disorder)

JustSomeGuy
12th August 2006, 11:19
Anyway i'm off tomorrow, I hope the the delays at LHR aren't too bad, Just a shame i can't retrieve hand luggage at AMS, But i checked in on the internet this morning, got a good seat, (11 C , no seat in front and no exit for muppets to open the shade and wake half the plane, so they can look at clouds)

I think i have everything in order... a wad of paper so thick I could beat whales to death if required.

Dave,

scotsfiancee
12th August 2006, 11:28
Have a nice and safe trip!!! Goodluck and best wishes for both of you:Hellooo:

Eljohno
12th August 2006, 14:20
All the best with the wedding, look forward to finding out how everything went...

John & Rhea

russ01539
12th August 2006, 23:24
"Anyway i'm off tomorrow, I hope the the delays at LHR"

You'll be arriving in Mailla on Thursday then ? You seem to have all the luck.

I'll pray for you mate, and enjoy it, I hope it goes top banana for you.

misscarie
13th August 2006, 07:04
"Anyway i'm off tomorrow, I hope the the delays at LHR"

You'll be arriving in Mailla on Thursday then ? You seem to have all the luck.

I'll pray for you mate, and enjoy it, I hope it goes top banana for you.

banana:Erm: :Erm: :Rasp:

scotsfiancee
13th August 2006, 08:20
It supposed to say banana split top in an ice cream http://www.utexas.edu/student/esl/social/04/icecream/banana_split.gif
so yummy:D :BouncyHappy:

KeithD
13th August 2006, 08:59
That looks like a sex change operation gone wrong :bigcry:

scotsfiancee
13th August 2006, 09:12
Im doing good Keith:D :D wanna have some banana split?i'll take u an order:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
13th August 2006, 09:13
Don't they let you out of your padded cell during the day then? :D

scotsfiancee
13th August 2006, 09:18
:yikes: :yikes: are you talking for something:Erm: :Erm:

KeithD
13th August 2006, 09:27
I can never go figure.....if Scots talks in riddles:joke: or piddles? :piss2:

:icon_lol:

scotsfiancee
13th August 2006, 09:29
:NoNo: :NoNo: :NoNo: :Help1:

russ01539
13th August 2006, 11:51
OK OK, for you Pinoys, top banana means the best. ie. the banana at the top of the bunch is always the tastiest.

But put one of those splits on order for me Scots, it looks yummy.

JustSomeGuy
12th September 2006, 08:47
Hello, just a quick update,

Well I made it out there, Parents and a few friends arrived before the wedding.

Wedding went well, everyone had fun and there was plenty of food, Apart from the 3 inches of rain (at least).... what rain in rainy season? never. The following week was fantastic weather however.

Honeymoon went ok apart from Cebu pacific cancelling our flight and having to take a 12 hours bus ride instead. It appears buses are equipped with deflector shields (to the uninformed it sounds like a horn), used to overtake round blind corners....At night...in the rain. oncoming cars glance off and skid on the grass normally with a look of panic on the face. I would of videoed it with the camera but I was scared I may put off the driver......I'll write a little more on this subject later I think.....

Of course NSO has "lost" our wedding contract ("sorry it's not in the computer").... so they will process another copy by hand, which will take until the 27th, after that Marilou can get her passport in her new name (2 weeks), and we can put in the visa app. of course by then I guess my bank statements will be too old. oh what fun.

Dave,
(Proper report to follow,)