PDA

View Full Version : Advise pls

angel2008
14th September 2008, 14:31
Hi to all, I tried to search the post about my question but could'nt find. Arrived in the Uk last Friday. What I do next? Do I need to report to local police station for my entry? At the airport border control, immig officer asked me to go to the health office for health check up, Lady in the health office asked if I have Xray. I did'nt have so she said that i need to have check at the local health center where i will live. We did'nt understand well what she was saying because of worrying on our time left on our connection flight. (Anyway we still missed the flight) because of the que on the health office, que on the immigration and que on the security check. Please give me advise what to do next. If I have to go to local police station to report my entry and do I really need to go to the local health center to have my xray check.

Advance thanks to the advice.. God bless us

trina
14th September 2008, 15:59
do you mean sis they asked a Xray result??? for what??? is this in Manchester airport already?????

alicat
14th September 2008, 16:44
i have a same experience as well,they asked for my xray
but i didnt have it,so she said they will send me some
documents,but i dont received any..im nearly 2 years now
here...i dont encounter any problem yet.

Ana_may365
14th September 2008, 17:55
which part of the country are u in?and which airport did u fly into?i arrive in newcastle airport 21/2 years ago but the immigrations didnt ask me about any x-ray.but b4 i leave in phils i've been for medicals[to be sure if i needed it in here]and i go to our local doctors[clinic]the next day when i arrive here for a check up so that i have a records in nhs.

joebloggs
14th September 2008, 18:31
register with police , no why should you :Erm:

i think what might happen is, when you register at your local gp's as a patient, they will tell the local hospital, and you will get a letter telling you to attend your local hospital for a TB xray.

aromulus
14th September 2008, 19:07
register with police , no why should you :Erm:

i think what might happen is, when you register at your local gp's as a patient, they will tell the local hospital, and you will get a letter telling you to attend your local hospital for a TB xray.

And after a few weeks, the GP will send you a letter for you to make an appointment for a smear test.

joebloggs
14th September 2008, 19:42
And after a few weeks, the GP will send you a letter for you to make an appointment for a smear test.

even if your a guy :doh

:D

sorry :NoNo:

aromulus
14th September 2008, 20:54
sorry :NoNo:

Picking on me coz you got trashed yesterday, huh...???

joebloggs
14th September 2008, 21:45
Picking on me coz you got trashed yesterday, huh...???

:D

the scousers were lucky :icon_lol:

you should worry about the other mancs now dom, the money they have make your Abramovich look like a pauper :cwm24:

angel2008
15th September 2008, 08:27
[QUOTE=trina;87897]do you mean sis they asked a Xray result??? for what??? is this in Manchester airport already?????[/QUOTE
We flew from Hongkong to Heathrow terminal 5 then manchester. And asked the xray in heathrow london.

angel2008
15th September 2008, 08:32
THanks for all the replies,,

aug06_2006
15th September 2008, 13:38
I didn't encounter any probs in the airport!

john sergison
15th September 2008, 13:56
hi angel

if you arrive at london airports they will ask you to get health checkup at the airport.

if you arrive at manchester they do not ask because after you are in the UK for a few weeks the local hospital will contact you to go and have an xray done for tuburculosis check, just doing my step daughters now , she has been here 3 weeks.

also as a female you will be offered a cervical smear test, which you can refuse but as all is free why not have it.

no need to report to police at all

enjoy the UK

regards

john

angel2008
15th September 2008, 15:30
thanks John helps a lot

grate-britte
15th September 2008, 21:43
Philippines is not a country for which TB X-Ray is needed for entry to the UK. I don't think you need to do any registration or medical checks in the UK.
However you can get your passport updated at the Philippines Embassy with your married name. You can do this by post and will get your passport back in about 2-3 days and the fee is £15. You need to provided self-addressed envelope.

It is advisable to find a suitable NHS practice where you can register. This will mean you can then get an appointment in case of illness. The practice will tell you if they advise any health checks etc.

If you intend to work you would need to apply for a National Insurance number.

Local Council should be notified of where you are living and if there has been a 25% Council Tax reduction for single occupant of address, this will be lost from date of arrival.

When you have got your passport updated it might be a good idea to open a bank account. Usually this can be kept dormant for no fee but check with bank.

Can't think of anything else needed in sunny England. Enjoy!

tiger@tigress
15th September 2008, 21:46
which part of the country are u in?and which airport did u fly into?i arrive in newcastle airport 21/2 years ago but the immigrations didnt ask me about any x-ray.but b4 i leave in phils i've been for medicals[to be sure if i needed it in here]and i go to our local doctors[clinic]the next day when i arrive here for a check up so that i have a records in nhs.

Hows the situation up there... hows the club?:Brick:

joebloggs
16th September 2008, 01:49
Philippines is not a country for which TB X-Ray is needed for entry to the UK. I don't think you need to do any registration or medical checks in the UK.

true , http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/tbscreening/

phils is not on the list, but it is one of the countries which was suppose to be included on the extended list in 2007

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/central/international/news/tb.shtml

also my stepson, when he was in the uk he was asked to go for a TB xray.