PDA

View Full Version : The next step ILR

andypaul
6th August 2006, 11:10
It never seems to stop

CNI's, Passports,arranging wedding, gathering evidence. Then the waiting for the Visa. Then arranging the flight and supporting my Wife though the settling in period. The sorting paperwork, opening bank accounts, finding a job, sorting NI number out and of course getting a schegen visa.

Now the attention needs to be aimmed at preparing for ILR for my Wife.

I know to download the SET(M) form and to go though the requirments. But would be intresting to hear how other people are going about the process or have already?

We need plenty of evidence that the Wife is living together with me. Though joint bills,bank account in her name,official letters addressed to her such as national insurance interview letter etc.

We have over a year to prepare for submission of paperwork, but having learned from our experiences with the Visa it appears you can never start to early on these matters.

skye
10th September 2006, 14:38
Hi Everone,

I also have a quick question in connection with AndyPaul's.... for Filipino passport holders are we allowed to apply for schengen visas from within the Uk while we are in the Uk on fiancee visa? Or do we have go home and do the application from the Philippnes/home country? Or do only get to apply for this after we are married?

Hope someone had gone through this. This site is great! More power and good luuck to everyone!

andypaul
10th September 2006, 22:00
Hi Everone,

I also have a quick question in connection with AndyPaul's.... for Filipino passport holders are we allowed to apply for schengen visas from within the Uk while we are in the Uk on fiancee visa? Or do we have go home and do the application from the Philippnes/home country? Or do only get to apply for this after we are married?

Hope someone had gone through this. This site is great! More power and good luuck to everyone!

I know as a spouse you can apply easily for a schgen visa, but things are more complicated as a fiancee i think.

Best to read the embassys website of the country you need the visa for. You can most likely still apply, but need more evidence than as a spouse. It may also cost you money to apply, but it is free to apply as a spouse of a eu citzen.

skye
12th September 2006, 07:59
Thank you for your reply Andypaul! Much appreciated;)

mupsuit
12th September 2006, 08:21
It never seems to stop

CNI's, Passports,arranging wedding, gathering evidence. Then the waiting for the Visa. Then arranging the flight and supporting my Wife though the settling in period. The sorting paperwork, opening bank accounts, finding a job, sorting NI number out and of course getting a schegen visa.

Now the attention needs to be aimmed at preparing for ILR for my Wife.

I know to download the SET(M) form and to go though the requirments. But would be intresting to hear how other people are going about the process or have already?

We need plenty of evidence that the Wife is living together with me. Though joint bills,bank account in her name,official letters addressed to her such as national insurance interview letter etc.

We have over a year to prepare for submission of paperwork, but having learned from our experiences with the Visa it appears you can never start to early on these matters.

[quote=andypaul] It never seems to stop

AGreed (normally this would be written agreed) but our Government needs more money from you - ILR is over £300 !!!

..........and of course getting a schegen visa.

Interestingly the Shengen visa is further evidence of being together - go to the French Embassy site - google Consulate de France and see the visa section for full info

The process with SET(M) is very straightforward - if you have followed the requirments then you will get ILR in about three weeks - You can submit the application a little early we did it in month 23 from arrival

My wife does not have a bank account, she does not work. She has tried to find a job and does have an NI number - we submitted the NI Number notification letter with the application

you can never start to early on these matters.

We are now lining up stuff for her to apply for a British Passport, which includes the new Nationality exam/test - and guess what.....?

we have to pay for that also :NoNo:

andypaul
12th September 2006, 21:00
[quote=andypaul] It never seems to stop

AGreed (normally this would be written agreed) but our Government needs more money from you - ILR is over £300 !!!

..........and of course getting a schegen visa.

Interestingly the Shengen visa is further evidence of being together - go to the French Embassy site - google Consulate de France and see the visa section for full info

The process with SET(M) is very straightforward - if you have followed the requirments then you will get ILR in about three weeks - You can submit the application a little early we did it in month 23 from arrival

My wife does not have a bank account, she does not work. She has tried to find a job and does have an NI number - we submitted the NI Number notification letter with the application

you can never start to early on these matters.

We are now lining up stuff for her to apply for a British Passport, which includes the new Nationality exam/test - and guess what.....?

we have to pay for that also :NoNo:

Thanks for the feedback mupsuit,

From what i have heard they have fiddled around with the ILR requirements recently but hopefully its not to much of a headache. We should have more than enough and i heard you can ask people like neighbours to write letters testifying that my Wife has been living with you if lacking in paperwork.

We have so far Two bank accounts opened in my wifes name.

letter and card from Ehinc

Water company bill in both our names.

Electric Bill in both names

National insurance letter

Letter to confirm registration with doctors and nhs card

Schgen Visa Letters

House Insurance in both names

Job contracts

I read they will acept membership of the AA or RAC!!

You can even show evidence of membership sports and social clubs or religous organsations from the version of the form im reading at present!

So i might add my wifes membership of the local libary, join the Wife up for basic AA membership and get her to be on the mailling list with the local Church.

The exam from what i have seen seems to be full of umm really useful british info.

Good luck with the passport application

walesrob
3rd November 2006, 00:13
Just for a change I'm asking for advice!

How are you getting on with the ILR andypaul? Elsa will have been in the UK for 2 years/24 months on February 5th 2007, and having downloaded the famous SetM application forms.

I'll probably start the application for ILR in Mid-December, and submit it early January, along with £335 we haven't got :cwm23: Blimey where does this all end.

jbt
3rd November 2006, 00:43
Wow, reading all the procedures, makes me dizzy......nothing's easy in this world....

Sooner or later, it will be my turn to apply for an ILR...hope we'll cope up with all the requirements and procedures....

:-)

KeithD
3rd November 2006, 09:55
You can make £355 in a couple of months with this http://www.system-banker.co.uk/ :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
6th November 2006, 23:32
Just for a change I'm asking for advice!

How are you getting on with the ILR andypaul? Elsa will have been in the UK for 2 years/24 months on February 5th 2007, and having downloaded the famous SetM application forms.

I'll probably start the application for ILR in Mid-December, and submit it early January, along with £335 we haven't got :cwm23: Blimey where does this all end.

Hi Rob

Well Elsa will be applying and hopefully getting her ILR before my Wife.

We have just been keeping an eye on the latest requirments and procedures at the moment.

We are aiming to have more than enough evidence as the goverment or at least the leader is likely to change in the next 12 months or so. So things may get tougher to win votes. Well knowing our luck its unlikely to get any easier:NoNo:

From the reading i have done so far as long as your Wife has done the sensible things like like enrol with the local doctor, dentist and obtain a ni number. Not got arested, is not a member of al queda. You are both on the councill tax register and paid it. Have joint bills and some in also in either of your names addressed to your joint abode.

From what i have read its also important to make sure that the evidence is spread across the two years. Ie the evidence is not all from the first six months and a little from the last six months.

But like you say the hardest part seems to be the 355 pounds and is it 500 if you apply in person:yikes:

Then the next year its the British citzenship.

But like the Visa and all the other trials so far, im sure we will be looking back going what was all the fuss about?

ps Rob

If your sending application by post in december i would check that the application doesn't need to be posted earlier due to the amount of mail sent in december, that the post office has to deal with. Also is the office affected by the holidays?

KeithD
7th November 2006, 09:47
It may be expensive, but I'd recommend paying the £500 as it is done, and out of the way in one day. Saves weeks of worry....and it only takes around 4hrs, the majority of which is waiting for them to print it on your visa.

walesrob
7th November 2006, 10:42
It may be expensive, but I'd recommend paying the £500 as it is done, and out of the way in one day. Saves weeks of worry....and it only takes around 4hrs, the majority of which is waiting for them to print it on your visa.

Maybe, but you try finding 500 squids at this time of the year? Oh, and where do we have to go for this express £500 application? If its Croydon, no way, because that'll be another £30-£40 on top for travelling.

KeithD
7th November 2006, 13:06
Maybe, but you try finding 500 squids at this time of the year?

The equivalent of one lay bet :xxgrinning--00xx3: I do about 20-40 a day :cwm24:

walesrob
31st January 2007, 16:34
Update...

So, theres me thinking, well Elsa's 2 year visa expires on Feb 28th, and then, ah, better send off that ILTR application off. BUT! I called IND for clarification about some questions on the application form - and it they told me she doesn't need to apply until 2 years AFTER arrival in the UK, in which case that will be before 15th March, so panic over for 2 more weeks, don't have to send the application till 15th February at the earliest.

I also called IND in Brum about applying in person and they also assured me that its 2 years from date of arrival in the UK - so 2 branches of IND are beating the same drum. They couldn't book an appointment anyway, as they only work 2 weeks ahead? So depending on how good my bank account is, I'll probably call back the Brum office and make an appointment after Feb 15th.

I'm not very impressed with the "call waiting" system when you call the Birmingham office - its rings 10 times then an answer phone message says "Sorry no-one here" :NoNo: Anyway, got through after 5 attempts, the human I spoke too, was quite, well, human :icon_lol: unlike those in the British Embassy Manila. Looks like Elsa will miss the new requirements for the Life in the UK Test by 2 weeks, but she'll still need to take it next year.

vbkelly
31st January 2007, 17:04
Update...

So, theres me thinking, well Elsa's 2 year visa expires on Feb 28th, and then, ah, better send off that ILTR application off. BUT! I called IND for clarification about some questions on the application form - and it they told me she doesn't need to apply until 2 years AFTER arrival in the UK, in which case that will be before 15th March, so panic over for 2 more weeks, don't have to send the application till 15th February at the earliest.

I also called IND in Brum about applying in person and they also assured me that its 2 years from date of arrival in the UK - so 2 branches of IND are beating the same drum. They couldn't book an appointment anyway, as they only work 2 weeks ahead? So depending on how good my bank account is, I'll probably call back the Brum office and make an appointment after Feb 15th.

I'm not very impressed with the "call waiting" system when you call the Birmingham office - its rings 10 times then an answer phone message says "Sorry no-one here" :NoNo: Anyway, got through after 5 attempts, the human I spoke too, was quite, well, human :icon_lol: unlike those in the British Embassy Manila. Looks like Elsa will miss the new requirements for the Life in the UK Test by 2 weeks, but she'll still need to take it next year.

hi rob n elsa why a bit different 2years after,suppose to be you need to apply a month before the visa expiry thats what the home office adviced us. bcoz i was applied last year

walesrob
31st January 2007, 18:51
hi rob n elsa why a bit different 2years after,suppose to be you need to apply a month before the visa expiry thats what the home office adviced us. bcoz i was applied last year

Ok, I was told by IND that the actual expiry date of the Spouse Visa would be 2 years from date of entry into the UK, not necessarily the visa expiry date as I had thought. We did discuss this before on the forum, but I cant find the thread.

I called IND in Croydon and Birmingham and they confirmed, you need to apply within 28 days BEFORE your visa expires, not a month.

joebloggs
1st February 2007, 06:01
yes from what ive read sounds your right, if your visa expires end of feb, but your wife needs to be actually in the UK 2 yrs (well 23 months) before you can apply for ILR, but you can send the application within 28 days of her being 2 yrs in the UK, meaning mid feb, then she will not be breaching her visa. from what i gathered from the IND website, as long as they have your application before your visa expires, your visa is still valid until they make a decsion, even if your visa has expired while they are deciding.(your wife arrived 2wks after visa was issued)

my case is different, visa was issued mid march 2005, my wife didnt arrive in UK until ealry may, so her 2 yr visa runs out mid march this year, so she will have only been in the uk for 22 months when the visa expires, not 2 years (23 months) !!, so i need and have applied for FLR which should be granted until my wife has been here for 2 yrs, so i can apply for ILR 28 days before shes been here 2 yrs, a bit of an expensive mistake on my part.. (my wife arrived 7wks after visa was issued)

in simple terms. if you arrive in the UK more than 28 days after the visa was issued ( NOT WHEN YOU ARRIVED IN THE UK) you need to apply for FLR to extend your visa until you been here 2yrs (23 months).

ROB!! has you booked you wife for the "living in the uk " test, dont you need to do that before they will give you ILR ????
iam booking my wife in march to do it, before they expand the chapters you need to read.

good luck with the visa :xxgrinning--00xx3:

walesrob
1st February 2007, 09:43
ROB!! has you booked you wife for the "living in the uk " test, dont you need to do that before they will give you ILR ????
iam booking my wife in march to do it, before they expand the chapters you need to read.

good luck with the visa :xxgrinning--00xx3:

The Life in the UK Test doesn't kick in till April 1st, so Elsa will escape that by 2 weeks.

I'll let you know how it goes.

vbkelly
1st February 2007, 17:28
Ok, I was told by IND that the actual expiry date of the Spouse Visa would be 2 years from date of entry into the UK, not necessarily the visa expiry date as I had thought. We did discuss this before on the forum, but I cant find the thread.

I called IND in Croydon and Birmingham and they confirmed, you need to apply within 28 days BEFORE your visa expires, not a month.

yes you right bcoz i was remember they depend what date im arrived in UK,anyway my schedule of British citizenship UK test is this coming february 19 cheer

walesrob
19th February 2007, 15:25
The application for ILR is on its way tomorrow morning, along with £335 :NoNo: Should be easy - we haven't any little Robs or Elsas (yet!) nor have we moved in the last 2 years, and we certainly haven't been involved in or comissioned any acts of terrorism against humanity, nor have we been financing a terrorist group (Plaid Cymru doesn't count isn't it) :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Oh joy, next year it will be another £500 for naturalization :cwm23:. Ker-ching! :furious3:

joebloggs
19th February 2007, 19:41
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Rob,

I've still not heard anything for our app for FLR which i posted on the 24th of jan, looking at the IND web site they are processing Jan's app, so i think there is a backlog of 4-5 wks.

Iam hoping to have an answer this week or next week, and then apply for ILR start of april.:bigcry:

more money :doh

andypaul
19th February 2007, 20:31
The application for ILR is on its way tomorrow morning, along with £335 :NoNo: Should be easy - we haven't any little Robs or Elsas (yet!) nor have we moved in the last 2 years, and we certainly haven't been involved in or comissioned any acts of terrorism against humanity, nor have we been financing a terrorist group (Plaid Cymru doesn't count isn't it) :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Oh joy, next year it will be another £500 for naturalization :cwm23:. Ker-ching! :furious3:

Good luck Elsa and Rob im sure your have no problems:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
22nd February 2007, 11:54
Rob,

got my FLR today, until the 10th of may, stupid and waste of time and money, but thats the law :action-smiley-081:

so on the 10 of April, i'll be applying for ILR, but this time it be harder, as my stepson has just turned 18, and thats an extra £335 i need to pay for him :bigcry: and i'll be using the post again, and save £330 !! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

so i applied for FLR on the 24th of jan, got the papers back on the 21st of Feb.

saved £165 by using post instead of £500 EXPRESS FEE ! , :censored: soon there will be express roads with a toll, and the rich will have them for themselfs while us joebloggs have to use public transport :omg:

oh and another moan, my wife took her driving test yesterday, and failed because she was driving too slow ! she was doing 25mph in a 30 !!! becuase a queue of cars were building up behind her, :censored: the gov tell you reduce speed, speed kills, and next you fail for not driving to the limit !! its a test !!! what they want you to do be dead on 30pmh !! ? :furious3: :Brick: :cwm23: , i bet if she drove 35mph she be breaking the law, and fail for going too fast,,,

:Help1:

walesrob
22nd February 2007, 13:30
Rob,

got my FLR today, until the 10th of may, stupid and waste of time and money, but thats the law :action-smiley-081:

so on the 10 of April, i'll be applying for ILR, but this time it be harder, as my stepson has just turned 18, and thats an extra £335 i need to pay for him :bigcry: and i'll be using the post again, and save £330 !! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

so i applied for FLR on the 24th of jan, got the papers back on the 21st of Feb.

saved £165 by using post instead of £500 EXPRESS FEE ! , :censored: soon there will be express roads with a toll, and the rich will have them for themselfs while us joebloggs have to use public transport :omg:

oh and another moan, my wife took her driving test yesterday, and failed because she was driving too slow ! she was doing 25mph in a 30 !!! becuase a queue of cars were building up behind her, :censored: the gov tell you reduce speed, speed kills, and next you fail for not driving to the limit !! its a test !!! what they want you to do be dead on 30pmh !! ? :furious3: :Brick: :cwm23: , i bet if she drove 35mph she be breaking the law, and fail for going too fast,,,

:Help1:

Good news that the FLR has come through - how much does FLR cost? Not £335 surely?

Elsa is learning to drive at the moment :Rasp:, I did let her loose in my car for practise, never again :icon_lol: Poor little Corsa nearly ended up on next doors immaculate front lawn :cwm24:

joebloggs
22nd February 2007, 14:33
yes rob, £335 !!! and i appiled just b4 my stepson was 18, so he went on my wifes app :Hellooo: :Hellooo: ( hahaha IND you just lost £335 , oh iam sure your'll find a way to get it back :cwm24: )

as for driving, my wife assured me she can drive, and getting the car out of the garden she managed to get the front passenger door rammed against a wall :doh :yikes:
, not once but twice, i was in :bigcry:

after 30 plus driving lessons later ,and a few near misses while i was in the car with her, ( a few not her fault) , i expected her to pass, but she got 4 minor and 2 major faults, . not indicating going around a round about and going too slow !, well ive booked her in for another test. so dont come near manchester in 4 wks time.. :yikes:

walesrob
22nd February 2007, 14:56
yes rob, £335 !!! and i appiled just b4 my stepson

So even if theres just a few days gap to make it up to the ILR application date, you still have to pay £335? :NoNo:

joebloggs
22nd February 2007, 15:34
well i phoned INd a few times. talked to different people, but yes if you didnt come within 28 days after the start date of the visa, you need to apply for FLR to make the time up .. yes another con.. :doh

walesrob
14th March 2007, 14:20
HOORAY!!!! :D:D

Elsa got her ILR today.

Now she's free to stay in the UK to pay more taxes :icon_lol::icon_lol::doh

joebloggs
14th March 2007, 14:49
:xxgrinning--00xx3: :Hellooo: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

good news, its taken about a month ?

mines bit more difficult, oh my wife is studying to pass the 'living in the uk' test on friday, but my stepson is not studying it enuff :NoNo: , i tihnk she will pass, not sure about him, if he dont hes taking it again next friday, and the friday after that if he dont ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

cannot apply for ILR without the letter stating they passed,, i think my wifes ILR will be simple, but my stepson might not be, he turned 18 in mid feb, so ive got to apply for ILR for him, which i'm a bit worried about :cwm34:

well i know in about 8wks :xxgrinning--00xx3:

walesrob
14th March 2007, 14:59
:xxgrinning--00xx3: :Hellooo: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

good news, its taken about a month ?

mines bit more difficult, oh my wife is studying to pass the 'living in the uk' test on friday, but my stepson is not studying it enuff :NoNo: , i tihnk she will pass, not sure about him, if he dont hes taking it again next friday, and the friday after that if he dont ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

cannot apply for ILR without the letter stating they passed,, i think my wifes ILR will be simple, but my stepson might not be, he turned 18 in mid feb, so ive got to apply for ILR for him, which i'm a bit worried about :cwm34:

well i know in about 8wks :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I make it exactly 3 weeks to the day we sent the application.

Hope all goes well with the exam joe. I'd love to know whats in this exam, as Elsa will need to take it next year.

wynna
14th March 2007, 15:12
yes rob, £335 !!! and i appiled just b4 my stepson was 18, so he went on my wifes app :Hellooo: :Hellooo: ( hahaha IND you just lost £335 , oh iam sure your'll find a way to get it back :cwm24: )

as for driving, my wife assured me she can drive, and getting the car out of the garden she managed to get the front passenger door rammed against a wall :doh :yikes:
, not once but twice, i was in :bigcry:

after 30 plus driving lessons later ,and a few near misses while i was in the car with her, ( a few not her fault) , i expected her to pass, but she got 4 minor and 2 major faults, . not indicating going around a round about and going too slow !, well ive booked her in for another test. so dont come near manchester in 4 wks time.. :yikes:

Im sure they've got ways to get that back from you, i'll be processing soon my ILR and just checked the new fees for this and it doubled the amount from previous fees, i cant believe it.

KeithD
14th March 2007, 15:54
Well done ELSA :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo:

Now you can get rid of the farm boy :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

walesrob
14th March 2007, 16:25
Well done ELSA :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo:

Now you can get rid of the farm boy :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Hey, its better than being a robbing scouse :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
14th March 2007, 16:55
Hey, its better than being a robbing scouse :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Glad I'm an angel then :rolleyes:

joebloggs
12th April 2007, 11:07
walesrob :Hellooo:

did you send a cover letter when you applied for ILR ? or just your evidence ?

ta

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
20th May 2007, 11:33
So the missus has got her test certificate saying she knows more about the uk than us brits by birth. Let battle comence with the set m application form. We have decidesd to have a day in croydon and give the goverment a grand as we think they are so wonderful as im sure your all agree.
the wife got her visa issued on the 27th of september 05 and we got into the country october 15th. So we should be applying in september or august?

joebloggs
20th May 2007, 12:03
you can apply upto 28 days before the 15th of oct 2007 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

and good luck, iam waiting for the answer for my wifes and stepsons ILR should be any day now..

andypaul
20th May 2007, 12:12
Cheers joe cant wait to blow a grand in croydon.
but hopefully it will cut out all the waiting business out had enough of that with the visa almost two years ago.
Also not keen sending enough id and info to have us cloned to death though the post
hopefully your applications will be sorted:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
20th May 2007, 12:31
well i've had to pay for 2 apps, £1500 :yikes: , i don't want to give them an extra £400, so i've posted them.

hahaha, oh ind never amaze me, they've amended the set (m) form, they have at last inserted a bank page in between the pay and application parts, i came across the problem, when i printed out the forms on a duplex printer, so it printed on both sides, and they :furious3: up, and forgot to mention that, the payment and apps form will be seperated by them, only you couldnt if you printed on both sides, becuase both forms over lapped !!!. i realised this and ended up printing the forms on single sided paper..

oh thats not the only thing Ind messed up, someone put confidential information on the web site, that was not meant for disclosure :censored: :icon_lol: :laugher:

tut tut ind , get your act togther :doh , or i'll want MY MONEY BACK, and this time spell my wifes and stepsons name right, or you should all have to do the 'living in the uk' test :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
20th May 2007, 13:54
Your right it is expensive and the amount you gotta pay for your wife and son makes a big differnce if you send postal. So i cant blame you doing it that way.

good to know about how the form is devided and like you i would have printed duplex.

something as simple as adding a blank page probably took months to achieve and yet anybody with a pdf editor could add a blank page in seconds to the file grr.

better start printing out that form now and going though the huge object that is the missus visa evidence and info file that should keep me busy for the rest of the day

andypaul
20th May 2007, 16:26
Just going though the lovely form as i type this out. We should have more than enough of the paperwork required. Just reading the Evidence of finaces does it basically mean for the average person just show three months of Bank statments for the two of you?

Also it mentions

or other formal documents as evidence of your and your partner’s ability to maintain and accommodate yourselves and any dependants without
recourse to public funds.

I presume i just show the deeds to our flat to show we own it outright?

joebloggs
20th May 2007, 17:30
about the form, on the old SET forms there was a blank page, and it did actually tell you that the forms would be seperated, so that your information would not be seen by the company who process the payment side. but they missed all this out on the new updated form in april :icon_lol: ... the one i downloaded in april was 16 pages, the new one is 17 pages :D

so some people who printed it out in duplex, must have sent the forms, and when they got to ind they couldnt seperate them, as the payment details were on the front and the applicants details were on the back :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: . pure genius of the people at ind :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bank statements i sent 6 months of mine and 6 months of my wifes, yes it does say 3 months, but i had them already there from applying for FLR.

yes same as FLR or your spouse visa, certified copy of your deeds, i sent certified copy of the deeds and land registry doc, just to show the size of the house, as there are 5 of us here :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i should have mentioned, my parents were immigrants here 60 years ago, maybe i wouldnt have to pay or apply for a visa :icon_lol:

:D

andypaul
20th May 2007, 18:38
about the form, on the old SET forms there was a blank page, and it did actually tell you that the forms would be seperated, so that your information would not be seen by the company who process the payment side. but they missed all this out on the new updated form in april :icon_lol: ... the one i downloaded in april was 16 pages, the new one is 17 pages :D

so some people who printed it out in duplex, must have sent the forms, and when they got to ind they couldnt seperate them, as the payment details were on the front and the applicants details were on the back :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: . pure genius of the people at ind :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bank statements i sent 6 months of mine and 6 months of my wifes, yes it does say 3 months, but i had them already there from applying for FLR.

yes same as FLR or your spouse visa, certified copy of your deeds, i sent certified copy of the deeds and land registry doc, just to show the size of the house, as there are 5 of us here :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i should have mentioned, my parents were immigrants here 60 years ago, maybe i wouldnt have to pay or apply for a visa :icon_lol:

:D

I noticed a big note on the set(m) pdf about making sure you printed it with the blank page, when i downloaded it earlier. I guess it caused them just a few complaints.

So it looks we will be taking a huge folder or two with us.

Better start getting in shape to hold the file, as i hear you have to hang around for a "few hours" down lunar house:NoNo:

joebloggs
20th May 2007, 18:40
lunar or lunatic house :Rasp:

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

oh only joking ind you do a fantastic job :xxgrinning--00xx3:

good luck thou :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
20th May 2007, 19:35
lunar or lunatic house :Rasp:

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

oh only joking ind you do a fantastic job :xxgrinning--00xx3:

good luck thou :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Gavanddal
31st May 2007, 20:59
Better start getting in shape to hold the file, as i hear you have to hang around for a "few hours" down lunar house:NoNo:

You must be mad! I'm never going there again, worst day of my life when we went for the wifes LTR.
6 hours queuing outside only to be told when we got to the front of the queue that they were too busy and we'd have to come back!! Anyway, we did get seen in the end.
No, we've just sent the SET M off for her ILR and saved the money and the grief.

It was surprisingly hard to find 20 items showing we'd been living together for the last two years. Yes, we had documents with my name and address on, some with hers and a few with joint names, but we certainly didn't have loads of documents covering the last two years, who does?
Most of the bills are in my sole name as I'm the breadwinner and I pay all the bills. Didn't seem much point putting them in joint names.

Anyway, guess I'd better save up another £600 or so for her citizenship next year.

Gavin

andypaul
31st May 2007, 21:30
You must be mad! I'm never going there again, worst day of my life when we went for the wifes LTR.
6 hours queuing outside only to be told when we got to the front of the queue that they were too busy and we'd have to come back!! Anyway, we did get seen in the end.
No, we've just sent the SET M off for her ILR and saved the money and the grief.

It was surprisingly hard to find 20 items showing we'd been living together for the last two years. Yes, we had documents with my name and address on, some with hers and a few with joint names, but we certainly didn't have loads of documents covering the last two years, who does?
Most of the bills are in my sole name as I'm the breadwinner and I pay all the bills. Didn't seem much point putting them in joint names.

Anyway, guess I'd better save up another £600 or so for her citizenship next year.

Gavin

Well i think we are mad too, but i think i would be mader to send off both passports, birh certs, all our house hold bills, our deeds, bank details for us both and work payslips and p60's off with the royal mail in one envelope.

bit of catch 22 do you take the chance of being cloned to death or hang around all day:Erm: and spend even more money:Brick:

I presume you booked for the day in advance (i thnk they only brought in the system recently from reading others experience the internet) and just out of intrest did you get there early we live fairly local so if it helped us could turn up real early to try and get near the front of the queue.

I put most of the bills in our joint name but some like bt will only have one name or the other not both:censored: .

The insurance company just added my wifes name over the phone and didn't affect the premiuns at all. Electricty board just asked to speak with my wife over the phone before adding her. The water bill i just sent an email and they added her. Took 10 mintues probably and hopefully worth it.

Thanks for the heads up gavin im sure i will be wishing i listen to you when stuck standing outside in the rain:bigcry:

joebloggs
1st June 2007, 13:35
naturalisation has nearly a 6 month processing time :yikes:

Gavanddal
2nd June 2007, 08:57
I presume you booked for the day in advance (i thnk they only brought in the system recently from reading others experience the internet) and just out of intrest did you get there early we live fairly local so if it helped us could turn up real early to try and get near the front of the queue.

No we didn't have an appointment on that occassion. We did get there as early as possible and the queue didn't seem that long in front of us.
However, it still took a riduculous amount of time to get actually inside the building. I forgot to mention, after the 6 hours outside, there was another 4 hours inside, just to get a sticker!
Watch out for the dodgy eastern european/ Iraqi, whatever types trying to jump the queue and pretending not to understand English whenever they are challenged. I nearly hit the MFers when they tried to get in front of me after I'd been patiently queueing for about 5 hours!! I just barged my way back in front of them again!
No I'm putting my trust in Royal Mail recorded delivery this time. Yes it will be an inconvenience being without my passport for however long it'll take.