PDA

View Full Version : another x-ASAWA

URi
6th August 2006, 08:43
Hi there,

get the hint to visit Filipino UK from another asawa-member and descided to check it out (Hy to Yves and the others here around). Haven't read that much yet, but seems it's a nice and good forum. Hope nobody mind to have a kraut around :rolleyes:

I met my gf almost 4 years ago on ICQ by chance. After nearly a year of comunication we decided to meet personaly and I made my first trip to the Philippines in Oct, 2003. Needles to say, we fall in love. Unfortunately she was married (even her x was hidding for 7 or 8 years). In Oct, 2004 we filled the annulment and now a few weeks ago the judge approved it. Now we have to wait for some other supreme court decisions and paper work. But I'll wait as long as I have to, because she is my reward and that's a reward I'm willing to do everything I can to get it.

btw: Hope you can deal with my lack of grammar and typos :D

misscarie
6th August 2006, 09:14
Hi there,

get the hint to visit Filipino UK from another asawa-member and descided to check it out (Hy to Yves and the others here around). Haven't read that much yet, but seems it's a nice and good forum. Hope nobody mind to have a kraut around :rolleyes:

I met my gf almost 4 years ago on ICQ by chance. After nearly a year of comunication we decided to meet personaly and I made my first trip to the Philippines in Oct, 2003. Needles to say, we fall in love. Unfortunately she was married (even her x was hidding for 7 or 8 years). In Oct, 2004 we filled the annulment and now a few weeks ago the judge approved it. Now we have to wait for some other supreme court decisions and paper work. But I'll wait as long as I have to, because she is my reward and that's a reward I'm willing to do everything I can to get it.

hello:Hellooo: ...nice to hear that from you URi...simon is my reward also and he makes me happy and he made it...i can say that i have a happy w/ life like what you feel right now URi and yes we will be togethere and we cant wait for that...wish you a goodluck and gbu for both of you :)

KeithD
6th August 2006, 09:26
Ex = Hitman........Good tip :)......if anyone asks, you haven't seen me right? :xxparty-smiley-004:

scotsfiancee
6th August 2006, 09:32
:Erm: That's a nice story... two thumbs up for both of you :REDancedancer08: .Goodluck!

misscarie
6th August 2006, 09:58
Ex = Hitman........Good tip :)......if anyone asks, you haven't seen me right? :xxparty-smiley-004:

i seen your mummy face already....:yikes:

misscarie
6th August 2006, 09:59
:Erm: That's a nice story... two thumbs up for both of you :REDancedancer08: .Goodluck!

for me and simon :Erm:

scotsfiancee
6th August 2006, 10:00
lets :NEW4: :NEW4: :ARsurrender:

misscarie
6th August 2006, 10:01
lets :NEW4: :NEW4: :ARsurrender:

:xxsport-smiley-002:

scotsfiancee
6th August 2006, 10:05
Mine will do just a seconds:D

misscarie
6th August 2006, 10:20
Mine will do just a seconds:D

:angry: :angry: :cwm24:

A_flyer
6th August 2006, 14:48
A really warm Welcome Uri, I'm happy we can still discuss together after Asawa forum closure.

I'm really Happy for Sally and you that she got her annulment. Now it's mostly paperwork. You will see soon the end of the tunnel (I was asking Francesca yesterday if she have news of both of you).

You will find here some people you already know like WalesRob, GinapeterB, Francesca and some others...

URi
6th August 2006, 15:17
Gosh, I didn't expect that counts of replies in that short time...http://www.mainview.de/images/icons/shocked3.gif
Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, Yves, I recognized a lot of known nicks here. Again thanks for the warm welcome...

walesrob
6th August 2006, 15:24
Hi there,

Hi Uri

Welcome to FilipinoUK, nice to see some familiar names from Asawa here, don't worry about the grammar and typos!

KeithD
6th August 2006, 15:29
...... don't worry about the grammar and typos!

No apology needed Rob, your Welsh!! :icon_lol:

walesrob
6th August 2006, 15:44
No apology needed Rob, your Welsh!! :icon_lol:

I'd rather be Welsh than a car radio thief from Liverpool :icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
6th August 2006, 16:19
:NoNo: The levels some folk will sink too :icon_lol:

A_flyer
6th August 2006, 16:53
No apology needed Rob, your Welsh!! :icon_lol:Pardon an ignorant French, but what's wrong with the Welsh?

PS: my Boss is Welch and I often ask him to correct my English at work on important memos :BouncyHappy:

walesrob
6th August 2006, 16:59
Pardon an ignorant French, but what's wrong with the Welsh?

PS: my Boss is Welch and I often ask him to correct my English at work on important memos :BouncyHappy:

Yves, how it works is that the Welsh dont like the English and the English dont like the Welsh, but its only fun :)

KeithD
6th August 2006, 17:04
As a happy group, it's the French we don't like :D

A_flyer
6th August 2006, 17:14
As a happy group, it's the French we don't like :D
Tssssssss.....

KeithD
6th August 2006, 17:50
We like the Spanish.....they let us sink there Armada :)

francesca
8th August 2006, 11:09
Uri,
congrats for the annulment! At last! I was jumping with joy when I got mine so I imagined you and Sally must have been "really jumping" to the full too!

in case sally dont know what are the next steps for processing the registration of annulment decree , some here (or I )might be able to help.
again, welcome!

URi
8th August 2006, 12:44
Thanks Francesca,

I have to say, I need a moment to recognize that we've achieved the next step. Waited for almost 2 years. Thats like something unexpected had happen...
Thansk for the offer too. If we need some assitance or have any questions you'll see for sure my question here somewhere :xxgrinning--00xx3:

IainBusby
8th August 2006, 13:09
Hi Uri,
I'm surprised if you gf's ex had not been around for so long that you didnt go for the quicker and much less expensive process of "Presumtive Death". My wife was also married when I met her and when she consulted an attorney about it, he advised her to go for this option instead of annulment. The whole procedure was over with just one court hearing although it took about 6 months to get to that stage. Then the decision was released after about 2 weeks and then the finality after another 21 days. The legal document that is issued is not a death certificate, its just a court decision for Presumtive Death for the Purposes of Subsequent Re-marriage. The only thing wrong with this arrangement is that if the husband re-appears after your married, then your subsequent marriage is null and void because she is still married to him so you have to get married and get her a visa as quick as possible, just in case. Only in the Philippines..........

A_flyer
8th August 2006, 15:31
I'm surprised if you gf's ex had not been around for so long that you didnt go for the quicker and much less expensive process of "Presumtive Death".
In this one, you have a important risk: if the husband reappear, the new marriage can be annulled...

Read this:

A person whose spouse has been absent for four (4) consecutive years may remarry provided that prior to the subsequent marriage and WITHOUT PREJUDICE to the reappearance of the first (absent) spouse, the present spouse obtains a judicial declaration of presumptive death of the absent spouse through a summary proceeding in court.

Before a declaration of presumptive death of the absent spouse can be obtained, it must be shown that the spouse had been absent for four (4) consecutive years and the present spouse has a well-founded belief that the absent spouse is dead.

The four (4) year period can be shortened to two (2) years in case of disappearance where there is danger of death, i.e., absent spouse was onboard a vessel and the same was lost during a sea voyage and he has not been heard of for 2 years since the loss; when the absent spouse was on an airplane which was missing and unheard of for 2 years since the loss of the plane; when the absent spouse was in the armed forces and has taken part in war and missing for 2 years; and when the absent spouse has been in danger of death under other circumstances.

It must be remembered, however, that it is only a declaration of presumptive death and, therefore, if the absent spouse reappears, automatic termation of the subsequent marriage can be obtained by the recording of an affidavit of reappearance of the absent spouse in the civil registry.

Although a petition for declaration of presumptive death of an absentee spouse is just a summary proceeding and faster compared to petitions for declaration of nullity of marriage and annulment, the former is risky because an absent spouse who reappears can easily terminate the subsequent marriage by executing an affidavit of reappearance and recording it in the civil registry. Furthermore, any interested party (parents, children) may file the said affidavit of reappearance.

IainBusby
8th August 2006, 16:00
Yes Yves we both realised that was the situation, but the husband in our case has been gone for more than 6 years and even if he wanted to, which is very unlikely, he probably wouldn't be able to find out where she is now as she has since moved far away from where they lived together and has no freinds or contacts in that area. Anyway, hopefully she'll get a visa soon and then she'll be here with me in the UK.
Iain.

francesca
8th August 2006, 16:07
I prefer the truth and clean way of having an annulment. I can be sure, no husband will be "ressurected" and claim me back.

Sometimes ex husbands do the hiding VOLUNTARILY due to their mistress .or he is abroad, with fake identities.

Despite all the waiting of Uri, its serves best. Sally is free to remarry for the rest of her life with out another "goonie husband " to blackmail her in the future if she choose that law of presumptive death.

That law for me is: Silly.:NoNo:

IainBusby
8th August 2006, 20:18
It's just that we were told that annulment could take up to 3 years and even after several hearings, when the whole procedure was completely exhausted, the paperwork would probably just sit on some judges desk until a suitable bribe was offered (through your attorney of course) to the clerk of court who would take his cut and then pass the rest on to the judge.

Then miraculously everthing would be finalised, but only if the bribe was big enough that is. We would have much preferred the certainty of an annulment as an outcome, but the total uncertainty of it happening anytime within the foreseeable future, or maybe not even within my lifetime, made us choose the other option, as risky as it may be.

URi
9th August 2006, 07:03
Hi Uri,
I'm surprised if you gf's ex had not been around for so long that you didnt go for the quicker and much less expensive process of "Presumtive Death".
Wasn't an option as everyone knows he is alive. What I tried to say is, that he is not in the neighbourhood, not around und don't care about her and the kids... So we filed for psychological incapacity.

It's just that we were told that annulment could take up to 3 years and even after several hearings, when the whole procedure was completely exhausted, the paperwork would probably just sit on some judges desk until a suitable bribe was offered (through your attorney of course) to the clerk of court who would take his cut and then pass the rest on to the judge.

Yes, it is exhausting and I can't count the number of hearings for she have to attend. I hope the paperwork will be done faster (but doubt will not)

francesca
9th August 2006, 19:19
get the best lwayer that do not bribe and do the work legally. It will not be for three years, its only 6 months. I guarantee you, mine is the best, so far that I knew, no lost case on annulments. No bribes too.

A_flyer
9th August 2006, 19:42
Just to complete Francesca post, her Attorney is Mrs Jeanie Pulido. She gives advice for free by e-mail. It's a well-known Attorney and a very good one.

Here is her web site: http://www.philippinelegalservices.com/

and her e-mail: jsplaw@philonline.com

She's animating a legal chat (in English) for Pinoys on a French web site: http://www.madpinoy.com/perm_pages/legal.html

KeithD
9th August 2006, 20:05
I was going to ask for the email.....I have a cunning plan.....

....which is not a cunning stunt.....:Erm:

IainBusby
10th August 2006, 18:29
All I can say to Francesca and Yves is, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Maybe if I had joined a forum like this before we got into the legal processes and the various options involved in freeing my wife from her past and allowing her to re-marry, we might have made a different choice of attorney and therefore, a different choice with regard to the legal path we would choose to follow.
Iain.

Christie_Laxa
29th December 2006, 10:39
Jeanie Pulido is a lousy lawyer. It only takes a few minuted of reading through her convoluted court documents to see that she sucks!!!

And she charges a large amount of money for this :censored: ??!!!!

FYI, do you know what this lawyer looks like???
Disgusting and YUCK!!!

Be warned.

[Admin: Please use smilies instead of swearing. This is a public forum, show respect to others. Thanks]

francesca
29th December 2006, 11:08
dear dear dear! how do you know she is bad? she had been a lawyer to some asawa members and so far she do not have THAT bad reputation, LOL!

are you a lawyer and jealous of her ?

http://philippinelegalservices.com/

http://www.madpinoy.com/perm_pages/legal.html

If a client cannot afford her fees, they can take someone else noh? She do not take cases just anyhow anyway. She looked at the grounds. If no grounds, she dont waste the time and money of the client. Thats her.

She did my annulment. In eleven months.my trust with the legal system in philippines came back when I hired her. that was year 2004.

Now, she is not for you, find someone else.

baboyako
29th December 2006, 15:47
all lawyers are parasites to society :furious3:

good ones are just as :cwm23: bad as bad ones... just bribe the court :action-smiley-081::Hellooo: and be done :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
29th December 2006, 22:53
...and bribing the court isn't being a parasite on society? :D

francesca
30th December 2006, 01:23
all lawyers are parasites to society :furious3:

good ones are just as :cwm23: bad as bad ones... just bribe the court :action-smiley-081::Hellooo: and be done :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i dont believe in you. I cant have my case done if I dont have a lawyer.

Its the law. Cant have justice done if one do not have a lawyer representing him/her.

Sorry.

now, if based in your experience you found a crook, thats just too bad.

So far I was represented nicely by this lawyer, she earns her money, I got justice done.
Thats important. Justice done. On my part. I won the case.

Now, if someone pay a lot and lost the case, thats a tragedy.:Rasp:

vbkelly
30th December 2006, 13:40
i dont believe in you. I cant have my case done if I dont have a lawyer.

Its the law. Cant have justice done if one do not have a lawyer representing him/her.

Sorry.

now, if based in your experience you found a crook, thats just too bad.

So far I was represented nicely by this lawyer, she earns her money, I got justice done.
Thats important. Justice done. On my part. I won the case.

Now, if someone pay a lot and lost the case, thats a tragedy.:Rasp:
whew :action-smiley-081: :action-smiley-081: :action-smiley-081: lawyer is liar

walesrob
30th December 2006, 13:52
whew :action-smiley-081: :action-smiley-081: :action-smiley-081: lawyer is liar

Well, Tony Blair is a lawyer :yikes:

francesca
30th December 2006, 14:12
thanks walesrob,

sarcozy is a lawyer and running for president for France.
Those who hated lawyers with so much passion shows, they are being conned, bwehehehe...

francesca
30th December 2006, 14:14
By the way, I am looking for christie laxa. She didnt return, did I annoy her?

Christie_Laxa
16th January 2007, 13:48
By the way, I am looking for christie laxa. She didnt return, did I annoy her?

Nope you did not annoy me.
Just want to give everybody a warning.

Jeanie is nothing but a Fixer.

She will offer her services to mostly foreigners and Filipinos living aborad because these are the easy prey. THese are the "Package" services. She charges and arm and a leg for pretentious and lousy legal services.

She is no different than the fixers you see loitering at different levels of govt institutions. People like this is what gives the Philippines a bad rep.

At the rate she is doing, I am not surprised if she gets disbarred from the Philippines.

Any ideas why some cases are "taking time" and not moving?

In the end, its your choice, your money and your life.

Good Luck.