PDA

View Full Version : Work permit holder need a job

KeithD
10th September 2008, 17:27
As far as I know, you can't just change jobs without going through the IND, as your contract to be in thsi country is only for the company you are with now.

Shotgun wedding.......

eljean
10th September 2008, 18:07
How long have you been in England?Have you tried searching jobcenterplus?ask the citizen advice bureau about your situation....

joebloggs
10th September 2008, 19:09
If you find a job and the employer wants to employ you, then one of the following must be fulfilled:
a) Intersted employer sponsors a new WP for you and once it is approved, you apply for leave to remain, OR
b) you make an in-country application to switch to Tier 1 (General) immigration category, like i mentioned b4.

darren-b
11th September 2008, 11:28
can we apply for unmarried partners?

Unfortunately not. You need to have lived together in a relationship like a marriage for at least 2 years to apply as an unmarried partner.

benb
11th September 2008, 17:39
yeah... its really hard... my bf is not ready yet since we've been dating for 7 months he said he feels we are rushing... phew... but he is willing to help me find a job... i feel sorry for him cos he's been trying so hard to help me just incase my company bust... we feel really stress bcs of my company... Im not going to rely on him really as ive told him... I tried to registered to a recruitment company and when i told them that im on a work permit she said she'll phone me back...

I will be staying with my bf next month and if my company goes well then we dont have any problem.

Is there any other way i can do so i can still stay n england? I think no one wants to employ me bcs i am on a work permit... Is it possible for me to apply a student visa or any other visa or maybe we can say that i have an english partner ?

In this thread you mention "He was really considering the 'marriage' ..."
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=10798

But here you say "...my bf is not ready yet since we've been dating for 7 months he said he feels we are rushing" :Erm::Erm::Erm:

Are you considering marriage for the sake of staying here? Best not to do that unless you really love each other.

If you really don't love each other that much, then going back to the Philippines won't hurt as much.

Perhaps, you both really love each other, but afraid to make the commitment?- life is full of risk, take a chance (7months living together seems long enough to decide). :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Best Wishes,

KeithD
11th September 2008, 17:44
If your contract ends you need to go back.

If loverboy wants a future with you he'll support you while you are back there. Visit you, and then you get the fiancee application underway.

The fact you returned under a work contract would give them even less grounds to refuse, as you'd already have proven you abide by the IND laws.

darren-b
12th September 2008, 05:29
Thanks a lot Keith!

One more thing, is it possible for my employer to change my work permit to Tier 1? I've passed the qualifying score which is 75pts? They have sent me email n docs to fill up n d fee is 800quid. :omg:

Your employer can't change your work permit to Tier 1, you have to apply for it. The fee is £750 not £800, or are you looking at applying through an agency?

darren-b
12th September 2008, 09:43
I think its an agency? International work permit company? says 800GB. Where can i apply direct? ta!

You can get the guidance and forms direct from the UK Border Agency website.

KeithD
12th September 2008, 10:25
UK Border Agency.
Doesn't that sound really strange? :Cuckoo:

We never had one under the Tories :rolleyes: .....before this government we let anyone in, at least we are starting to get a grip on it now...even if we still have some way to go.

Still not voting for :action-smiley-081: Broooon though even if he gives me all my tax back :cwm3:

Geraldine
12th September 2008, 10:48
thanks for ur advise bt going back to phils is definetly nt an option for me....

Hi Fhars,

Just tell your bf to marry you so you can stay in UK :D if it doesnt work, you can always get a divorce. Its not a good advice and even not right but you just in a desperate situation.