PDA

View Full Version : Are you A Filipina spouse/Fiancee of UK National

ginapeterb
30th August 2004, 16:02
What is the Procedure to obain a:

1. Fiancee Visa for a Filipina who wishes to enter the United Kingdom for the purposes of marrying a UK Resident within 6 months.

2. A Visa for a Filipina who has married a UK National in the Philippines and wishes to enter the United Kingdom for the purposes of settlement with her new Husband.

The following Advice has been taken in some areas from a website designed by Eddie Basson who married a Filipina in Davao City 4 years ago, his website is informative and helpful, however some information has been provided by myself following a Visit to the British Embassy in July of this year 2004 after speaking to an ECO (Entry Clerance Officer).

You may wish to go to Eddie's website called "British Marrying Filipinos" which is at http://www.marrying-filipinos.fsnet.co.uk/ (paste this link into you browser and connect)

You may wish to use some of the information Eddie offers, and use some of the information we offer here, the process is slightly different but the bare bones are essentially the same.

So: what do you have to do ??

Firstly as I am in the process of doing now, you have to be single !

Why do i say that: Some Brits including myself at one stage..thought that you can apply for a fiancee visa whilst waiting for a Divorce Decree Absolute !

This is incorrect...you must be in possession of a Divorce Decree Absolute if you are divorced n UK..before applying at the British Embassy in Manila for a visa on forms VAF2 (2003)
The information given about Forms I2B Etc on Eddies website is no longer valid...so you may wish to use this information to help you as up to date as to the best of our ability, I think last month is pretty up to date..unless one of you comes back in Setpember and tells me something different...apart from that I am back in Manila on 17th September so you will have to be pretty slick to beat me. hahaha

Well here goes

Can A Filipina join her husband, Fiance?

Yes provided he qualifes as the following :

1. He currently lives and is settled in the UK.
2. He is returning to live in the UK Permanently after a foreign posting etc.

How does a Filipina qualify to join her husband in the UK ?

1. She must prove that she is legally married to her husband.
2. Her Husband is legally settled in the UK.
3. You must prove to the ECO and satisfy the ECO that you intend to live togther permanently as husband and wife in the UK.
4. You have Met each other.
5. Together you are able to support yourselves that is the husband can support his filipina wife without recourse to public funds.
6. That you have adequate accomodation owned or occupied exclusively by you, where you are able to live wihout recourse to public funds.
7. The UK Resident is not under the age of 18 years.
8. The Filipina wife is not under the age of 16 years.

For A Filipina wife who wishes to enter the Untied Kingdom to settle with her UK Resident husband, she will be allowed to work for a period of two years, if you can show that you are still togdther near the end of this period and intend to live together as a married couple she can apply for permanent residency.

What are the UK Immigration Rules for a Filipina who wishes to join her Fiance in the United Kingdom with a view to Marriage ?

The Filipina prospective wife must prove to the ECO the following :-

1. She is planning to marry a UK Resident within 6 months.
2. She plans to live with her UK Resident husband permanently after the marriage.
3. You have met each other.
4. Thee is somewhere for her to live without recourse to public funds.
5. She can be supported without recourse again to public funds.

If successful for a fiancee visa..she will be granted a visa for six months, during this period, she will not have permission to work, but this can be varied after the marriage has taken place, and an application to the IND (Immigration and Nationality Directorate) can be made for a 2 year extension.

What are the requirements for an application to be lodged at the British Mission overseas in this case your application must be filed at:

THe British Embassy
15th Floor
LV Locsin Building
6752 Ayala Avenue
1226 Makati City
Philippines (PO Box 2927 MCPO)

Telephone : 00 632 816 7271
Fax: 00 632 810 2745

E Mail: ManilaVisaEnquries.manila@fco.gov.uk
www. britishembassy.gov.uk/philippines www.ukvisas.gov.uk

The Following steps must be taken and the following documentation must be provided to obtain a visa for either financee or spouse.

1. A completed visa application form which is
(a) Settlement Form (VAF2 2003)

Nakumpletong visa application form:
(a) Settlement Form (VAF2 2003)

2. Two Recent Passport size photos.
Dalawang pinakabagong passport size na litrato.

3. Visa fee in pesos. CASH is only form of payment.
Managers checks, or bankers drafts, made payable to British Embassy -Manila.

Bayad para sa visa. Tumatangap lamang ng cash, Managers, checks o bankers drafts, sa pesos na nakapangalan sa Britsh Embassy - Manila.

4. Current passport valid for at least 6 months and any old passports. A Clear Copy of the personal detail page should also be submitted.

Pinakabagong pasaporte (Valid at leat 6 na buwan) at lahat ng lumang pasaporte. Isang klarong kpya ng pahina na may personal na detalye ay dapat din isumite.

5. A fully copy of Sponsors passport, including the personal details page, and all the stamped pages.

Buong Kopya ng pasaportte ng sponsor, kalakip ang pahina ng personal na detalye at ang lahat ng pahinanag may tatak.

6. If the applicant has children, birth certiificates of each child on the National Statistics office (NSO) Security paper.

Kung may mga anak ang aplikante, sertipikasyon ng kanilang kapanganakan na nakalayay sa security paper ng National Statistics office (NSO)

7. Evidence that the sponsor can support the Filipina wife or Fiancee financially, Recommended submissions should be the last 6 months bank statements showing income and savings and evidence of employment.

Katibayan na kaya kang suportahan ng sponsor sa mga financial na pangangailangan.
Itinatagubilin namin na magbigay ng up-to-date at detalyadong transaksiyon mula sa bangko sa nakalipas na 6 na buwan bago sa petsa ng aplikasyon at Katibayan ng trabaho.

8. Annulment or divorce papers of applicant and sponsor if necessary. Divorce Decree Absolute for British Husband or Legal Annulment for Filipina wife. if not single.

Papeles ng pagpapawalang bisa ng kasal ng aplikante o papeles ng diborsyo ng sponsor kung kinakailangan o katibayan na inuumpisahan na ang pagpapawalang bisa ng kasal.

9. Evidence that your sponsor has adequate Accomodation. Mortgage Documents or rent books are acceptable along with the description of the property.

Katibayan na ang sponsor any may tamang laking tirahan. Dokumento galing sa pag-upa ng lugar any maaring tanggapin kasama ang paglalarawan dito.

Fees.

From 28th April 2004 the following fee is valid for this application.

PHP 27300.00 OR £260.00 this fee is based on a the prevailing exchange rate fixed by the British Embassy which is rather tilted in their favour as it bares not resemblance to the current bank rate...its 105 pesos to the UK 1 Pound, whereas the current rate is around 95 pesos to the Pound, naturally they make a little extra money out of the deal.

HOW TO LODGE THE APPLICATION.

An application can be lodged using the Visa call centre using the following numbers.

PLDT Tone Users : 1-909-UKVISAS(8584727)H

GLOBE: 1-900-UKVISAS(8584727)

Bayantel 1-903-UKVISAS(8584727)

STOP PRESS !!!!

A new service being offered by the British Embassy to cut down on travelling from the lower Islands is the (CAVA) service as follows:

You will be able to lodge your application by telephone at the Visa call centre of your choice and a roundtrip courier will be instructed to call to the home of your filipina fiancee - wife and collect your completed application, photographs documentation and fee to be transported by the said courier to the visa section, and to return the said documents back to her home, their is an additional fee of PHP 280, which is not refundable.

If you meet the CAVA Criteria, this service will be used, you need to call the Visa Call Centre with your passports ready, then a customer servie representative will confirm which service you qualify for, you need to have your passports ready when calling.

If you do not qualify for this service, and inteview appointment will be made for you to attend in person at the Embassy to lodge your application.

The following Advice is issued by the British Embassy - Manila and should be considered very carefully !!!!

BEWARE OF TOUTS OF FIXERS.

These people will take your money and promise to deliver, they cannot guarantee you a visa, all cases where the applications are suspected of being handle by touts or fixers will be passed to the Philippine Authorities for whatever action they consider to be appropriate.

MAG-INGAT SA MANLOLOKO AT MANGUNGUARTA

Maniningil sila ng pera sa inyo ngunit ano man ang kanilang ipangako ay hindi garantiya na kayo'y mabibigyan ng bisa. Lahat ng kaso tungkil sa mga ganitong illegal na gawain at organisasyon any isasangguni namin sa mga awtoridad para sa nararapat na parusang kanilang igagawad.

The Brtish Embassy may request an interview with the Filipina wife-fiancee, interview appointments are usually about 2 months after application has been lodged, Eddie Basson has osme useful help on the interview process and its good reading use it.

Further advice on extending the stay of a Filipina who is settled in the UK on a fiancee visa or spouse visa can be obtained from:

IND Immigration and Nationality Directorate
Croydon Public Caller unit
Lunar House, 40 Wellesley road,
Croydon CR9 2BY

General enquries: 00 44 (0) 870 606 7766
Application forms 00 44 (0) 870 241 0645

E-mail public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

This section is moderated by Forum Admin
Filiipino translation by Pete Forum Moderator

Any questions or unusual situations should be left as questions for the Forum moderators on this thread.

We will endeavour to answer them as quickly as possible... please state the following:

Your name
The circumstances of your relationship with a UK National
Expected Date of Travel to United Kingdom
Anything you think will help us in answering your question.

ginapeterb
11th September 2004, 22:42
Just a quick message to let all members know..that Forum Mod Pete is absent on leave and "In Country" from the 17th September....until 10th October...any questions should be directed to Forum Admin for his attention.

Returning to my second home is always a pleasure, hopefully I will have some more interesting places to write about, thanks for all your support.

queen170204
29th November 2004, 01:47
Congratulations for a wonderful site like this. It's been very helpful and informative. I must admit that I was surprised to know there is already a site exclusive for a British married/ or with a filipina fiancee. It helped a lot to know that in the course of my application, I will have someone aside from my fiance who could help me get through the predicament of applying for a visa. More power.

Rob4Elsa
15th December 2004, 01:00
Hi,

My asawa Elsa is about to apply for the settlement visa, and I'm confused already about the correct procedure, as I am aware it all changed in September 2004. Does she phone CAVA and they arrange the interview at the Embassy? Or does is the old CAVA scheme back in use again where she phones CAVA and they act as courier for the whole visa process?

If anyone has had the interview lately, what information is required when she phones up CAVA for the interview? After a nightmare 6 months (its a long story but it doesn't help when her original birth certificate has the wrong middle name and her passport was stolen just before we got married) Elsa's new Birth Certificate is ready and she's getting her new passport and DFA clearance this week, so we're gonna waste no time phoning CAVA to make that appointment. Thanks in advance for any replies...

Admin
15th December 2004, 11:46
The Courier-Assisted Visa Application System (CAVA)

In order to apply for a visa in the Philippines, you need to contact CAVA first. Personal applications are NOT accepted at the British Embassy Manila without a CAVA Reference Number. All applications have to be made using our call centres. The CAVA system offers applicants two services, namely: a courier collection & delivery service for everyone who is eligible; and booking personal interview appointments for anyone else applying for a British visa.

PLEASE NOTE: With effect from Monday, 16 August 2004,

all pre-existing arrangements for postal applications will cease. Any postal applications received on or after this date will be returned
the CAVA criteria will be changed and settlement will not longer meet the requirements. TWES and SBS work permit holders will become CAVA eligible, as will masseuses going for training with Steiner.

CAVA Criteria

You are eligible to use the CAVA service if you fall into one of the following categories:

(a) You have travelled as a visitor to either the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, Ireland or a Schengen country within the last 10 years and intend to now travel in the same category, and have evidence of this travel in a passport; or

(B) You are the holder of a valid UK work permit; or

© You are the spouse of someone with limited leave to remain in the UK, such as a work permit holder, or, domestic worker and you are applying to join them; or

(d) You are a child under 18 of some one with limited leave to remain, such as a work permit holder, or, a domestic worker and are applying to join both your parents in the UK; or

(e) You are a seafarer intending to join a ship the UK. You must also submit your seaman’s book and a letter from a recognised shipping company; or

(f) You are a parent or grandparent visiting your child or grandchild in the UK and you can provide NSO certified copies of birth and or marriage certificates showing that you are related; or

(g) You are applying for a student visa and have previously studied in the UK on a student visa in the past 5 years. You must include full supporting documents; or

(h) If you are a student nurse who is going for adaptation or supervised practice leading to NMC registration and employment in the UK; or

(i) If you are travelling to either Barbados, Bahamas or the Cayman Islands, or Mauritius; or

(j) You are a student with full British Council sponsorship; or

(k) You are a returning resident with evidence of your current status in the UK. You must include copies of your old passport or a letter from the Home Office showing that you have been granted indefinite leave to remain; or

(l) You are a Philippine Government employee on official business. Applications must be accompanied by a DFA official note; or

(m) You are a diplomat in the Philippine Foreign Service, or in a diplomatic mission in the Philippines. Applications should be accompanied by an official note from the DFA or the Mission as appropriate; or

(n) You are a member of an airline crew on a route which passes through the UK; or

(o) You have been approved under the HSMP scheme, Highly Skilled Migrant Programme; applicants must provide their original letter from Work Permits UK and evidence of your finances. If you have arranged any employment or accommodation evidence of this should also be included but this is discretionary; or

(p) You are a seafarer travelling to UK for training with the Steiner organisation before joining your ship. You must already hold a visa for the country in which you intend to join your ship and a valid seafarers book; or

(q) You are the spouse or child (under 18) of one of the above categories, apart from ©, (d), (e), (n) and (p), and you are accompanying them; or

® You are a spouse, or a child (including stepchildren or adopted children), or a grandchild, or a parent or grandparent of an EEA National who has exercised their treaty rights to live and work in the UK and you are applying to join them.

(s) You are applying as the adopted child of a British Citizen or a person with indefinite leave to remain in the UK, your adoption must have been approved by both the Inter Country Adoption Board of the Philippines and your sponsor must have a Home Report completed by a UK Welfare Officer, otherwise an interview will be necessary.

(t) You are a child under 18 who is applying to join both your parents who are settled in the UK, i.e. have indefinite leave to remain in the U.K. or who are British citizens.

For details on our visa requirements and up to date fees please telephone (02) 8167271 or contact our call centre on one of the following numbers: PLDT Touch Tone users - 1-909-8584727, Globe Touch Tone users - 1-900-8584727, Bayantel Touch Tone users 1-903-8584727 and DIGITEL users 1-909-858-4727.

Important Notice

To address the increase in demand and offer applicants a more efficient service, our call centers have extended their *service hours as follows:

Monday to Friday 0800-2000
Saturday 0800-1800
*except public holidays

We aim to process your application within 4 working days of it arriving at the Embassy. The CAVA centre will be able to advise you of the likely time lapse between collecting your papers from you and lodging them at the Embassy. The whole process should take between 7 and 10 working days; if you are applying from outside of Metro Manila, these times may vary by up to 6 working days.

As at present, all calls received outside the above operating hours will have the option to access our pre-recorded message system.

We will continue to operate the above service hours until further notice.

Admin
15th December 2004, 11:47
What happens when I make my application?

The entry clearance officer will check that you have provided all the information that is needed to make a decision. If you have not, she or he may ask you to return with more information before your application is accepted.
At some Posts, if the entry clearance officer thinks that your application is unlikely to be successful, you will be offered the opportunity to withdraw it before you pay any money. This procedure is called a 'sift'. You do not have to accept this advice. If you choose to proceed, your application will be accepted and you will be issued with a receipt for your fee.

What happens when I make my application?

Will I need an interview?
The entry clearance officer may want to ask you some further questions about your application. This will be done straightaway if possible. If not, you may be asked to come back for an interview. We will try to see you within 10 working days, though please be aware that this can take longer, especially leading up to and during holidays.

Checking your visa
Please check your visa when you receive it. Make sure your personal details are correct, that it allows you to travel when you want to and that it is for the purpose for which you want to come to the UK. You can ask for it to be post-dated for up to three months, if you do not intend to travel immediately.

What if I am refused a visa?
Seven out of eight applicants worldwide receive the visa that they have applied for. If you are refused a visa, you will receive a written notice explaining why. To ensure that we have made a fair decision, in accordance with the Immigration Rules, an entry clearance manager reviews every refusal within 24 hours.

In some cases, you will have the right of appeal against the decision. At the time that your visa is refused, you will be told if you have the right of appeal, and if so will be given advice on how to appeal.

If you have been previously refused a visa, you may make another application at any time, but if the reasons for your refusal still apply, you may be refused again.

Admin
15th December 2004, 11:47
Information for Sponsors

SPONSORING A VISITOR
The United Kingdom welcomes overseas nationals who wish to visit the United Kingdom.

If the applicant whom you wish to sponsor is a visa national, he or she must obtain a visa before travelling to the United Kingdom. Use our Do I Need a Visa? questionnaire to find out if a visa is required.

A non-visa national visiting the UK must satisfy an immigration officer at a UK port of arrival that they qualify for entry. The requirements that a visitor must meet - the Immigration Rules - can be found on the Immigration and Nationality Directorate website:
Immigration Rules

This page is primarily for someone who is sponsoring a visa national, but will also be useful if you want to sponsor a visitor who is not a visa national. You may also want to read the Sponsors (INF 3) guidance note which gives more detail.

How can my visitor come to the United Kingdom?

An entry clearance officer must be satisfied that your visitor meets the requirements of the Immigration Rules, which are that:

he or she is seeking entry as a visitor for no more than six months and
he or she intends to leave the United Kingdom on completion of his or her visit and
he or she has enough money to maintain and accommodate himself or herself without working, or help from Public Funds (income support, housing benefit, etc.)
What can I do to help?
It is important for the entry clearance officer to have all the relevant information before he or she reaches a decision. Whilst the evidence you provide in support of the application is important, it is not necessary for you to accompany the applicant to the visa office.

If you do go to the visa office, the entry clearance officer may not ask to speak to you, unless he or she needs to clarify certain points.

If your visitor is refused a visa, he or she will be told of the reasons for the decision in the form of a written notice, and will be offered the opportunity to comment.

What evidence can I supply?

There are no hard and fast rules about what documentation you should produce when sponsoring a visitor to the United Kingdom. You may wish to supply evidence of your own immigration status in the United Kingdom, and there are some other things you can do, particularly if the visit is for a special reason:

if the visit is for a holiday and you are a relative or a friend, a letter of sponsorship explaining your relationship to the applicant and why the visit is taking place at this particular time may be helpful.
if the visit is for a special family occasion (for example a wedding, a birth celebration or an important anniversary) an invitation detailing the event, when and where it is to take place and a letter of sponsorship would be helpful. If your visitor is not a close relative, or is perhaps one of several people invited, it would be helpful to know why you chose to invite them.
if the visit is for business purposes you should provide a letter from your company inviting the applicant to the United Kingdom, outlining the links between your companies, and the purpose of the trip. If you are paying for the trip you should say so and give details of where the visitor will be accommodated.
If you are offering to provide support and accommodation and/or to pay for travel to the United Kingdom, you must provide evidence of your ability to do so. The following would be helpful:
- a letter of sponsorship detailing your occupation and salary and how you will be supporting and accommodating the applicant. You do not need to have this letter attested before a solicitor or Commissioner for Oaths.
- evidence of your ability to finance the trip, such as copies of your last six months bank or building society statements and salary slips. If you are in receipt of public funds, the entry clearance officer will need to consider carefully how long you will be able to maintain additional people on limited means; you will not be able to claim additional public funds to support your visitor.
Can I give a guarantee?
You may want to give a guarantee that the person whom you are sponsoring will abide by the conditions of his or her stay in the UK and will leave at the end of a specified period. However, such guarantees are not enforceable in UK law and cannot be accepted. This is not a reflection on your integrity as a sponsor, but under the Immigration Rules, it is the visitor who must satisfy the entry clearance officer that he or she qualifies for entry.

COMING TO THE UK OTHER THAN AS A VISITOR

If the person you are sponsoring is applying to come to the UK other than as a visitor, the guidance notes explain how she or he must qualify for a visa under the Immigration Rules.

Admin
15th December 2004, 11:50
Does that help? ;D

Rob4Elsa
15th December 2004, 20:58
Does that help? ;D

Thanks Keith, thats answered all my questions.... :)

ginapeterb
26th January 2005, 22:16
Reader Updates - Important information regarding UK Marriages to Philippine Nationals.

Ladies and Gentleman following a visit today to the District and Superintendent registrar in my borough, I have the following to report, this may affect some of you who are contemplating:

1. Marriage in the United Kingdom to a Philippine National.

From the 1st February 2005, the following new rules, procedures are required before you can marry in the UK if the marriage is to a Non EEC National.

The Intention to marry cannot now be made at your local district registry, within the new rules, there will be a number of specialist centres being introduced around the UK, by regions, you will have to have your intention to marry registered through these special centres, they will then send the information to the Home Office - Immigration and Nationality Division, the intention to marry must be done via filling in a form from the specialist centre, there will be a fee of

£130.00

The Home Office must give the approval for the intention to marry and register the details at your local City or Provincial register office, before you are able to wait the statutory 21 days before a marriage licence can be issued.

This means now that those British Or EEC Nationals resident in the UK who have travelled to the Philippines and applied for a Visa for a Philippine National to have entry clearance to the United Kingdom, will only be granted a 6 month visa, as normal, but the marriage cannot be undertaken unless it has Home Office approval, this approval can only be achieved now through filing the appropriate form and paying the required fee.

Readers who apply after the 1st February 2005, will wish to note this new information, before deciding on whether they would wish to marry in the Philippines or Marry in the United Kingdom, the new legislation we understand is an attempt to curb the ever increasing number of bogus marriages between EEC UK nationals and African immigrants who use the 7 day residency clause to marry in the UK.

Details can be found at www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk

Marriage in the Philippines

From 1st January 2005, all marriages which are to take place in the Philippines, still need to register their intention to marry with their local superintendent registrar, however, this is not a call in service any more, you still need to call at your local registry of births marriages and deaths, however, you will be asked to make an appointment to call back from 2-7 days, with the required paperwork, the notice of intended marriage must be posted as previously noted for 21 days in the office, the following details are required and are correct at date of this post.

The Fee to give a notice of marriage (pursuant to marriage to foreigners act 1906) is as follows: £30.00

An Appointment will be and the following is required on the appointment, the information will give the superintendent registrar the ability to determine whether a Certificate of No Impediment to marriage is warranted.

Your Birth Certificate

Your Passport

Your Driving Licence or Bank Statement showing your home address.

Divorce Decree Absolute. (If married before)

Your Fiancée’s Name, Address, Occupation and Date of Birth.

The location in the Philippines , City and Province where the marriage is to take
Place.

However no date is required.

After 21 days has elapsed providing there is no objection to the marriage, or anyone files a Caveat to the notice, (an objection) the registrar will issue a CNI, there is no validity on the CNI, but it is best to have it less than 3 months from the date of your
Intended marriage.

Notes: If anyone files a frivolous caveat to the notice of intention to marry, they are liable to prosecution for stating falsehoods, any frivolous intention to try and obstruct a person from obtaining a CNI will be liable to prosecution for supplying false information.

jeand2006
27th September 2006, 10:53
hi there...i'm new to this forum...i jsut had to sign up and spk about the divorce thing you mentioned.... my fiancee and i are currently preparing a settlement visa application and we thing we've checked things out pretty thoroughly.... so i was surprised to see that you say u need a descree absolute to apply.....

In the ONLINE Entry Clearance Officer Procedures http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1034241195847

chapter 13.9 it states the following:

The law relating to marriage/civil partnership in England and Wales does not allow for any arrangements to be made with a Registrar until the foreign national has arrived in the UK.

If the only reason for a couple not being free to marry/enter a civil partnership is that one of them is awaiting a divorce/dissolution of a civil partnership, entry clearance should not be refused for this reason alone (though ECOs would normally expect to see some evidence that divorce/dissolution proceedings are well under way).

The reasoning behind this is that the divorce/dissolution may well come through within the six months leave to enter period, thereby enabling the couple to marry/register a civil partnership. ECOs should however be aware that divorce/dissolution proceedings may take longer than 6 months to resolve.

The applicant may then apply for leave to remain as a spouse/civil partner. Should one of the partners still be waiting for a divorce/dissolution to come through at the end of the six-month period, they may apply to the Home Office for an extension of stay.

therefore either the ECO u spoke to isnt familiar with the procedures or the procedures are out of date...though the site does say that its updated live..

maybe we can check into this further.....

Good luck everyone out there, regards Jean (french for john) D2006

baboyako
27th September 2006, 18:33
it simply means if your application is otherwise perfect, you will still (should) get the visa.

this is never the case, the ECO works according to the balance of probabilities, so the reality is you will likely (like 30% of us) not get the visa :NoNo:

jeand2006
6th November 2006, 10:45
yeah thanks for that......well you reality may be slightly different from mine coz i'm not divorced and not loaded with cash .....but my fiancee and i did our homework and gave in a hell of a presentaion ....and recieved an approval..... from manila....no interview.....within 10 days...... WOW!

Its up to the two of you to ensure the balance falls your way... dont leave anything down to interpretation..... give all the info they require and more....prove with documents for everything you state

not divorced?
send decree nisi if u have one...if not a current letter from your solicitor advising of divorce status etc
get personal references
if shes gonna work....
get her to join jobsite.co.uk
enclose her cv, state that you're aware that she wont work till legally allowed (after marriage)
show that you've read everything including the ENTRY CLEANCE OFFICER procedures on the uk visas site. and enclose excerpts
if your finances are low.....
get a letter from family or friend acting as financial guarantor... that if you request their help....its there....

these members and ESPECIALLY the moderators should offer hope for partners and not shoot you down in flames before you even begin

please also read the thread by eda my fiancee who posted the good news a few days ago .....look at the reply by the moderator....

we all know there are probs in the uk as there are probs in every country and community but thats not the time or place to air you personal hangups....do you get some kinda kick in bringing someone down? peter - you're an idiot

but thanks anyway....post that one

Peanutz
9th June 2007, 13:14
After reading your post, I got a doubt if I applied the right visa. I currently living here in Italy and my fiancè is a Brit, we decided to get married here in Milan and I applied for the fiancè visa to be able to fly back with him after our marriage and switch it later for spouse visa once I get there in UK. Do you apply for fiancè visa only for the purpose of getting married there in UK?

andypaul
9th June 2007, 18:03
After reading your post, I got a doubt if I applied the right visa. I currently living here in Italy and my fiancè is a Brit, we decided to get married here in Milan and I applied for the fiancè visa to be able to fly back with him after our marriage and switch it later for spouse visa once I get there in UK. Do you apply for fiancè visa only for the purpose of getting married there in UK?

yes

if your married your a spouse, if you are engaged to be married (with a date set for the wedding) you can apply for a fiance visa

Peanutz
24th June 2007, 11:58
yes

if your married your a spouse, if you are engaged to be married (with a date set for the wedding) you can apply for a fiance visa

I got another doubt, I am reading the settlement in uk info and another doubt is clouding my mind. Please, bear with me:Help1:

If I will be granted a fiancè visa and switch it to spouse visa once I get in UK (I will be married under Italian law) so let say I am going to have an Italian marriage certificate, will I be able to switch my fiancè visa in spouse visa there in UK? Or we need to get married again under the British law?:NoNo:

Advice please will very much appreciate.

Peanutz
24th June 2007, 21:57
I got another doubt, I am reading the settlement in uk info and another doubt is clouding my mind. Please, bear with me:Help1:

If I will be granted a fiancè visa and switch it to spouse visa once I get in UK (I will be married under Italian law) so let say I am going to have an Italian marriage certificate, will I be able to switch my fiancè visa in spouse visa there in UK? Or we need to get married again under the British law?:NoNo:

I think I made a big mistake on presuming that I can change my fiancè visa on spouse visa once I get in Uk I have confused the rules and having not understood of which and which situation it applies. :bigcry:

As I re-read it again twenty times or more today and consulting my fiancè we have come to a conclusion that there might be changes that we need to undergo with:bigcry:.
We have this four options:
1. Cancell marriage here in Italy-get my fiancè visa and marry in UK and switch in spouse visa? (wedding stuffs and everything is already settled!!!)
2. Marry in Italy-marry again in uk and get spouse visa? (is it allowed and if yes what is the difference?)
3. Marry in Italy and apply in Italy?

:bigcry:I am confuse at the moment!

LadyJ
24th June 2007, 22:08

Peanutz, Sorry but I didn't quite understand your post.

I assume your fiancee is a British because you're applying for fiance visa.

You'll have to get married within 6 months of your fiance visa before you can switch to spouse visa.

You said you'll be married under italian law, is that allowed here? If so,why not choose to get married under british law??

scotsfiancee
24th June 2007, 22:13
Hmmm

If you choose to get married here in UK then u will apply fiancee visa. And get married whithin 6 months, apply FLR(m) which is good for 2 yrs.

While getting married in Italy you will have to apply spouse visa which is good for 2 yrs and allow u to work anytime.

so what is your plan so far?

LadyJ
24th June 2007, 22:15
I think I made a big mistake on presuming that I can change my fiancè visa on spouse visa once I get in Uk I have confused the rules and having not understood of which and which situation it applies. :bigcry:

As I re-read it again twenty times or more today and consulting my fiancè we have come to a conclusion that there might be changes that we need to undergo with:bigcry:.
We have this four options:
1. Cancell marriage here in Italy-get my fiancè visa and marry in UK and switch in spouse visa? (wedding stuffs and everything is already settled!!!)
2. Marry in Italy-marry again in uk and get spouse visa? (is it allowed and if yes what is the difference?)
3. Marry in Italy and apply in Italy?

:bigcry:I am confuse at the moment!

My first post was a bit late because after reading your first post so many times:doh:icon_lol:

I think option 1 is a good idea. Option 2 is a good idea too, you don't need to get married here in UK again just have your Italian MC translated in English.

Peanutz
24th June 2007, 22:49
Hmmm

If you choose to get married here in UK then u will apply fiancee visa. And get married whithin 6 months, apply FLR(m) which is good for 2 yrs.

While getting married in Italy you will have to apply spouse visa which is good for 2 yrs and allow u to work anytime.

so what is your plan so far?
That is the problem, if we get married here in Italy that means I have to apply for the spouse visa here? If yes that means more waiting time? If my marriage here in Italy will allow me to change my fiancè visa once I get there in UK then the problem will not exist, what I don't know is if it's possible to change my fiancè visa (and let say I am already married once I got my fiancè visa) in spouse visa once I get there in UK?

Peanutz
24th June 2007, 22:51
That is the problem, if we get married here in Italy that means I have to apply for the spouse visa here? If yes that means more waiting time? If my marriage here in Italy will allow me to change my fiancè visa once I get there in UK then the problem will not exist, what I don't know is if it's possible to change my fiancè visa (and let say I am already married once I got my fiancè visa) in spouse visa once I get there in UK?

I have searched and searched for the information regarding my situation but I have found none, so I just turn in logic reasoning, if the rules says that I have to apply for an entry clearance on the country where I reside then that means that once I get married here in Italy I have to ask it here.

Peanutz
24th June 2007, 22:55
My first post was a bit late because after reading your first post so many times:doh:icon_lol:

I think option 1 is a good idea. Option 2 is a good idea too, you don't need to get married here in UK again just have your Italian MC translated in English.

Do you have any links that tells about it LadyJ? I mean that I don't neccessary have to get married again under British law once I am already married under another countries law? and if I can switch my fiancè visa being already married? and last if I can change it in spouse visa while staying in UK in fiancè visa?
Gosh it's very confusing...I am sorry guys I am confuse myself...

andypaul
24th June 2007, 23:33
I think you need to ask the home office on this one as it could be quite simple or you could break the terms of the visa possibly?

If you marry any where you can't marry again as far as i understand the law.
For example My wife and I married in phill as far as the British and most other countries are concerned we are married. So we needed to apply for a spouse visa for my wife to enter the UK.

I have never read of an example where a couple gained finace visa then traveled abroad to marry. I presumed the visa was to marry in the UK.
So it is best to check before going to far and finding things are too complicated.
Could you not have a wedding in the UK (even just a simple registry wedding and a cermoney/blessing in Italy?) So legally your married in the UK and the goverment are happy and you have a beautiful blessing in Italy?

Peanutz
24th June 2007, 23:58
I think you need to ask the home office on this one as it could be quite simple or you could break the terms of the visa possibly?

If you marry any where you can't marry again as far as i understand the law.
For example My wife and I married in phill as far as the British and most other countries are concerned we are married. So we needed to apply for a spouse visa for my wife to enter the UK.

I have never read of an example where a couple gained finace visa then traveled abroad to marry. I presumed the visa was to marry in the UK.
So it is best to check before going to far and finding things are too complicated.
Could you not have a wedding in the UK (even just a simple registry wedding and a cermoney/blessing in Italy?) So legally your married in the UK and the goverment are happy and you have a beautiful blessing in Italy?

Hmmm, that might be the best thing we should do I guess, I think I have to cancell our wedding here and get married in UK (which is another money lost since everything is already settled for the wedding here in Italy). I am still waiting for my fiancè visa and the wedding will take place on July 16. We registered our wedding intent in the UK but with no date of marriage, in fact I also submit that registration together with other documents. Fiancè will phone the home office tomorrow and also the British embassy here and from what they say we will make a decision.

:bigcry:Now I know the real pain in the **** and the stress regarding all this visa matters...:bigcry:

Peanutz
25th June 2007, 00:55
Hmmm, that might be the best thing we should do I guess, I think I have to cancell our wedding here and get married in UK (which is another money lost since everything is already settled for the wedding here in Italy). I am still waiting for my fiancè visa and the wedding will take place on July 16. We registered our wedding intent in the UK but with no date of marriage, in fact I also submit that registration together with other documents. Fiancè will phone the home office tomorrow and also the British embassy here and from what they say we will make a decision.

:bigcry:Now I know the real pain in the **** and the stress regarding all this visa matters...:bigcry:

I read and re-read again the Immigration rules paragraph 281-284 and I am still trying to understand if those rules applies to my situation. :icon_lol:I'm getting crazy reading all about this!!!

Peanutz
25th June 2007, 01:10
I read and re-read again the Immigration rules paragraph 281-284 and I am still trying to understand if those rules applies to my situation. :icon_lol:I'm getting crazy reading all about this!!!

Leave to enter as the spouse or civil partner of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom or being admitted fo the settlement on the same occasion.

282. A person seeking leave to enter the United Kingom as the spouse or civil partner of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom or who is on the same occasion being admitted for settlement may:
(a) in the case of a person within paragraph 281(i)(a), be admitted for an initial period not exceeding 2 years, or
(281. (i)(a) the applicant is married to or the civil partner of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom or who is on the same occasion being admitted for settlement;or)

This might apply to my situation but I have no clues if the marriage has to take place in UK? if my marriage is under Italian law will it be honoured as legal, so if I am in a fiancè visa and and already married will I be able to apply under this rules?

I think I am getting paranoid...:doh

Ping
25th June 2007, 08:41
Peanutz, my question is, what is your immigration status in Italy. Are you an Italian citizen or just a contract worker.If you're a work permit holder then its better to apply a fiancee visa and marry here in England as simple as that.
Don't give youreself a hard time , just follow the requirements in applying the fiancee visa. Okay and calm down dear and have peace of mind. Shalom.

Peanutz
25th June 2007, 08:47
Peanutz, my question is, what is your immigration status in Italy. Are you an Italian citizen or just a contract worker.If you're a work permit holder then its better to apply a fiancee visa and marry here in England as simple as that.
Don't give youreself a hard time , just follow the requirements in applying the fiancee visa. Okay and calm down dear and have peace of mind. Shalom.
Hi there Ping, my immigration status is I am a permanent resident here in Italy= indefinite leave to remain. We applied for the fiancè visa because we changed the first plan of getting married in April and apply for spouse visa. We applied for the fiancè visa just for the reason that after we get married I can fly back in UK with hubby and once I get there change it extension of stay or spouse visa. When I read the immigration rules for the first time, Part 8, I interpreted it as I can go there with a fiancè visa and change it later on spouse visa remaining married under Italian law.

Peanutz
25th June 2007, 10:23
Hi there Ping, my immigration status is I am a permanent resident here in Italy= indefinite leave to remain. We applied for the fiancè visa because we changed the first plan of getting married in April and apply for spouse visa. We applied for the fiancè visa just for the reason that after we get married I can fly back in UK with hubby and once I get there change it extension of stay or spouse visa. When I read the immigration rules for the first time, Part 8, I interpreted it as I can go there with a fiancè visa and change it later on spouse visa remaining married under Italian law.

Does anyone know if I can change a fiancè visa application into spouse visa while it is still being processed by the embassy?:bigcry:Help Pls.

LadyJ
25th June 2007, 13:25
Does anyone know if I can change a fiancè visa application into spouse visa while it is still being processed by the embassy?:bigcry:Help Pls.

I'm afraid you can't, you'll have to withdraw the fiance application before you can submit a new one and tell them the reason.

Peanutz
26th June 2007, 10:45
I'm afraid you can't, you'll have to withdraw the fiance application before you can submit a new one and tell them the reason.

Thanks for being there LadyJ. Yesterday I spent all the day reading and trying to search for any info about my situation. Me and fiance tried to call the embassy but no luck, we can't get hold to anyone. We sent an email saying that we just realized the mistake, that if I were be granted of fiancè visa and we are getting married next month the fiancè visa is pointless. We asked for any advice, if it is possible to hold my fiancè visa application and change it in spouse visa and we will send further documentation once we get married or if this is not possible we just cancell our wedding and do it in UK once I get my fiancè visa. We are now waiting for the embassy response:bigcry:. Fiance called the Home Office and they just confirmed my doubts that I can't switch the fiancè visa on spouse visa once I get there and I will be in the breach of law if I enter the UK with fiancè visa and I am already married but they said that is of the Uk embassy here in Italy if they would let me change my application. As of now I am like a bomb clock timer that might explode in any time...:xxviolent:NEW3::BlueTeamEnforcer:!!!

LadyJ
26th June 2007, 10:56
Oh dear you two just made a big mistake... Can't you just cancel the wedding you've booked there in Italy and just go on with the fiance visa application? I think that's the best option than making a mess with the B.E.

LadyJ
26th June 2007, 13:53
Peanutz, If I was you I won't send the B.E. a letter about switching your fiance to spouse, you're making them confused they will also think that you and your partner didn't plan everything properly before submiting the application to them. This is a big mistake indeed!

They might just going to send your fiance application back and let you submit the application you wanted which is spouse but I'm sure you'll have to pay another fee again for the spouse visa.

Hope you can solve your problem soon. Goodluck!

scotsfiancee
26th June 2007, 19:13
Oh dear you two just made a big mistake... Can't you just cancel the wedding you've booked there in Italy and just go on with the fiance visa application? I think that's the best option than making a mess with the B.E.

Peanutz i agree to what lady j's comment.. Just go on for fiancee visa then get married here in UK, since u already applied.

Sorry u must have to cancel your wedding in Italy:cwm3:

And why u were applying for fiancee visa since your planning to get married in italy?? Im confused! :Cuckoo:

KeithD
26th June 2007, 19:47
You know what Filipina's are like with memory.....2 hours on the phone....I ask "What we're you talking about?" .....answer..."Don't Know"!!! I rest my case y'honour :)

eljean
26th June 2007, 20:05
you can't switch your application from fiancee to spouse visa if you have already made an application to the embassy but you can call to withdraw it but its not refundable so waste of money if you wanted to...since your wedding will take place next month you can either put it on to hold (in case you get refusal)just in case, the best thing to do is to wait for the result of your application becoz it can come at any time by now...i dont know what would happen if they have gotten your email saying they just have to switch your fiancee visa application to spouse visa and wait until you got married and wait for the marriage certificate i dont think they have much patient and time for that...or if they have that kind of rules:NoNo:i think you better stick on your fiancee visa application coz you cant have both ways or you will just confused the embassy...

Peanutz
26th June 2007, 21:20
you can't switch your application from fiancee to spouse visa if you have already made an application to the embassy but you can call to withdraw it but its not refundable so waste of money if you wanted to...since your wedding will take place next month you can either put it on to hold (in case you get refusal)just in case, the best thing to do is to wait for the result of your application becoz it can come at any time by now...i dont know what would happen if they have gotten your email saying they just have to switch your fiancee visa application to spouse visa and wait until you got married and wait for the marriage certificate i dont think they have much patient and time for that...or if they have that kind of rules:NoNo:i think you better stick on your fiancee visa application coz you cant have both ways or you will just confused the embassy...

After a day passed in exhausting thinking fiance and I had come near to a decision. I researched for info about getting married in UK (if ever they grant me the fiancè visa) as what I learned (hoping this time i have not misinterpret again what I read) once I get in UK I need to apply for COA and if COA granted we need to give notice of marriage and register and all this processing will take time and money. Since we are getting married next month and everything is settled (families are already booked to fly over here and everything) the worse scenario is we have to withdraw the fiancè visa application and apply for spouse visa and wait for three months approx. Now, that is the first option which means the advantage is we get married and apply for the visa if visa granted then major problem is solved cause I can get there and start working also. The second option, wait for the fiancè visa (this is if they grant me) and fly over and do again the abc of getting married. Since we have no certanties that I will be granted a fiancè visa we also have to consider that the fiancè visa might get rejected. If the fiancè visa got rejected then it is a real mess! Because, wedding cancelled (another money lost) and we need to do the abc marriage again to be able to re-apply for spouse visa here. I am still waiting for the reply from the embassy and within this week if I got no response I will withdraw the fiancè visa and go on as what we have decided.

:bigcry:This is a real mess...next time I will be more careful!

Thanks guys I really appreciate everyones advice it really helps us to think and consider a lot of things...Again thanks.

Peanutz
26th June 2007, 21:30
Peanutz i agree to what lady j's comment.. Just go on for fiancee visa then get married here in UK, since u already applied.

Sorry u must have to cancel your wedding in Italy:cwm3:

And why u were applying for fiancee visa since your planning to get married in italy?? Im confused! :Cuckoo:

Scots, I applied for fiancè visa because I misunderstod the rules and I think we did things without careful preparation. The first plan was getting married last april apply for spouse visa and that's it. But a problem with family member occured so we moved our wedding this coming July. While we were deciding about this we thought that maybe I can apply for fiancè visa while we are waiting for our wedding so I could stay there and we are both happy. I prepared all the documents for fiancè visa submit it and it took a long time more than we expected (also because of the delayed from their part) and haven't understood all the rules. Last sunday when I was thinking of all this visa thing a doubt pop on my mind and I looked right away for the infomation and I realized that we had made a big mistake. And this is all about...when we realize the mistake it was like....oh well, I think most of you guys know how it is...:bigcry:

eljean
26th June 2007, 22:48
hi peanutz why not wait for a bit more until you get a result from your application than withdraw it...at least you can still be save from making two mistakes...i mean getting married in uk and cancelling the wedding will take both a time i mean why not still hope that you get a positive result from your fiancee visa application anyway the main reason is to be with your partner...i think family will surely understand if you would also tried to explain to them what you are getting through with the application i bet they will still think of your happiness....:)

Best of Luck:)

Peanutz
26th June 2007, 23:11
hi peanutz why not wait for a bit more until you get a result from your application than withdraw it...at least you can still be save from making two mistakes...i mean getting married in uk and cancelling the wedding will take both a time i mean why not still hope that you get a positive result from your fiancee visa application anyway the main reason is to be with your partner...i think family will surely understand if you would also tried to explain to them what you are getting through with the application i bet they will still think of your happiness....:)

Best of Luck:)

Hi Eljean! We are still considering this option, maybe we will wait until next week and make the final decision and maybe the embassy will decide to give us a reply. It is really a bit confusing because we are trying to consider many things. The probability of refusing me a visa is quite nothing...so...we will see...

Thanks again for the advice and hey that cute angel in the pic give him/her a hug from me!!!:D:Hellooo:

eljean
27th June 2007, 04:50
Hi Eljean! We are still considering this option, maybe we will wait until next week and make the final decision and maybe the embassy will decide to give us a reply. It is really a bit confusing because we are trying to consider many things. The probability of refusing me a visa is quite nothing...so...we will see...

Thanks again for the advice and hey that cute angel in the pic give him/her a hug from me!!!:D:Hellooo:

All the best for you!

by the way that's my husband's baby picture
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Peanutz
27th June 2007, 08:12
All the best for you!

by the way that's my husband's baby picture
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:I thought he was your child! A warm hug for both of you then, thanks for the advice!:Hellooo:

joebloggs
27th June 2007, 10:52
After a day passed in exhausting thinking fiance and I had come near to a decision. I researched for info about getting married in UK (if ever they grant me the fiancè visa) as what I learned (hoping this time i have not misinterpret again what I read) once I get in UK I need to apply for COA and if COA granted we need to give notice of marriage and register and all this processing will take time and money. Since we are getting married next month and everything is settled (families are already booked to fly over here and everything) the worse scenario is we have to withdraw the fiancè visa application and apply for spouse visa and wait for three months approx. Now, that is the first option which means the advantage is we get married and apply for the visa if visa granted then major problem is solved cause I can get there and start working also. The second option, wait for the fiancè visa (this is if they grant me) and fly over and do again the abc of getting married. Since we have no certanties that I will be granted a fiancè visa we also have to consider that the fiancè visa might get rejected. If the fiancè visa got rejected then it is a real mess! Because, wedding cancelled (another money lost) and we need to do the abc marriage again to be able to re-apply for spouse visa here. I am still waiting for the reply from the embassy and within this week if I got no response I will withdraw the fiancè visa and go on as what we have decided.

:bigcry:This is a real mess...next time I will be more careful!

Thanks guys I really appreciate everyones advice it really helps us to think and consider a lot of things...Again thanks.

not read all this thread, but iam sure you dont need COA if you get married in Anglican church in england or wales :Erm:

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/applying/generalcaseworking/coaformarriageorcivilpartnership

Peanutz
27th June 2007, 12:18
not read all this thread, but iam sure you dont need COA if you get married in Anglican church in england or wales :Erm:

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/applying/generalcaseworking/coaformarriageorcivilpartnership

I knew I have missed reading something!!! Thanks Joe, by the way how can someone know how to get married in Anglican church? Do I need to change my religion?

Peanutz
27th June 2007, 12:38
I knew I have missed reading something!!! Thanks Joe, by the way how can someone know how to get married in Anglican church? Do I need to change my religion?

I just stumbled in this links while searching for info in getting married in Anglican church.

Q. What happens if one of us is a foreign national?
A/ If one is a national of country outside Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, the EU or USA The Church has a responsibility to conduct marriages which will be recognised in the country the bride or groom comes from. This is done for the couple's benefit not just for bureaucracy. Therefore, the Faculty Office strongly recommends that these marriages should be done by Common Licence rather than banns and some dioceses ask the person to obtain from the relevant embassy or consulate a letter saying their marriage will be recognized. There are now stricter rules applied by the Civil Registry office to prevent "sham" marriages.

:NoNo:This predict a long processing?

Peanutz
27th June 2007, 12:55
I just stumbled in this links while searching for info in getting married in Anglican church.

Q. What happens if one of us is a foreign national?
A/ If one is a national of country outside Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, the EU or USA The Church has a responsibility to conduct marriages which will be recognised in the country the bride or groom comes from. This is done for the couple's benefit not just for bureaucracy. Therefore, the Faculty Office strongly recommends that these marriages should be done by Common Licence rather than banns and some dioceses ask the person to obtain from the relevant embassy or consulate a letter saying their marriage will be recognized. There are now stricter rules applied by the Civil Registry office to prevent "sham" marriages.

:NoNo:This predict a long processing?

This is another.
Home Office Regulations issued in 2005 have restricted acces to marriage for those who are not British citizens. The regulations prevent non-citizens from marrying in a Registry Office or non -Anglican church to religious building unless they have obtained a supplementary marriage visa or licence. The licence application costs £135.00 and may take 13 weeks!!! to obtain, if it is granted at all!!!

joebloggs
27th June 2007, 13:38
i dont know about religion. i got married by a judge in the philippines :D, who kept telling jokes, looking back i'm wondering now if i'm legally married :Erm:........ :D

you really need your bf or you to phone ind up and ask them, because as it says "This page contains advice concerning the issue of Certificates of Approval for Marriage, following both the judgement of the High Court (10th April 2006) and the Court of Appeal (23rd May 2007). If you are planing to to get married in the UK and you think you may require a COA you should read this page in full".
so there was a high court judgement and an appeal and the gov was forced to make changes..

Peanutz
27th June 2007, 15:59
i dont know about religion. i got married by a judge in the philippines :D, who kept telling jokes, looking back i'm wondering now if i'm legally married :Erm:........ :D

you really need your bf or you to phone ind up and ask them, because as it says "This page contains advice concerning the issue of Certificates of Approval for Marriage, following both the judgement of the High Court (10th April 2006) and the Court of Appeal (23rd May 2007). If you are planing to to get married in the UK and you think you may require a COA you should read this page in full".
so there was a high court judgement and an appeal and the gov was forced to make changes..

Thanks Joe, I read this COA application form below.

1 For which applications must use form COA?

This form must be used only if you are applying for a certificate of approval (COA) for marriage or civil partnership in the UK.
People who are subject to immigration control and who do not have indefinite leave to enter or remain in the UK must have such a document in order to be able to give notice to a registrar of their intention to marry or to enter to a civil partnership, "unless they entered the UK with a visa for this purpose and the visa is still valid".

For what I understand here is, if I get a fiancè visa or a spouse visa I would not need to apply for COA, right?:cwm34:

Peanutz
3rd July 2007, 07:49
Thanks Joe, I read this COA application form below.

1 For which applications must use form COA?

This form must be used only if you are applying for a certificate of approval (COA) for marriage or civil partnership in the UK.
People who are subject to immigration control and who do not have indefinite leave to enter or remain in the UK must have such a document in order to be able to give notice to a registrar of their intention to marry or to enter to a civil partnership, "unless they entered the UK with a visa for this purpose and the visa is still valid".

For what I understand here is, if I get a fiancè visa or a spouse visa I would not need to apply for COA, right?:cwm34:

After a hell of a week:confused: :furious3:I finally got a response from the Embassy! They called me yesterday and told me that my fiancè application is all correct and they have received my enquiries and the officer asked me when will I get married again, I said by 16 of July and she told me that I can send my marriage certificate via fax after my wedding and they will continue to process my application as a spouse visa, the officer gave me the fax number and her name. Isn't it great?!!! I was really in panic, when I have not heard from them after a week me and fiancè decided to cancel the wedding and re-arrange it in UK, thanks God that the Embassy called me on time! Oh! there is another thing, the officer told me to send the marriage certificate not later than end of July cause there will be some changes in applying after that time.
Oooorrrraaaahhhh!!! I am getting married!!!:BouncyHappy:

:REDancedancer08::luv4::woohoo:

LadyJ
3rd July 2007, 09:30
Peanutz, it's good to hear this news... they didn't ask you to fill up a spouse visa form? hehehe you're lucky atleast you don't need to pay another fee.

eljean
3rd July 2007, 12:46
congratz!lucky you!

Peanutz
3rd July 2007, 22:11
Peanutz, it's good to hear this news... they didn't ask you to fill up a spouse visa form? hehehe you're lucky atleast you don't need to pay another fee.

Thanks ladyJ, nope they didn't asked me to fill up a spouse visa form:D I don't know yet if they will ask me to pay another fee but even if they would ask me I will pay it as long as they process my visa !!! It is already a pain not to be able to fly back with my future husband after our wedding but we still have all our life ahead to spend together!!!

Peanutz
3rd July 2007, 22:21
congratz!lucky you!

Hey Yah Eljean thanks !!! I think they considered my application because of my proofs and being honest to them. I made a mistake and I let them aware of it and I also asked them if there is any other way to sort it out and if I need to pay again the fee I would be happy to do it. My future husband help me also to write the email I have sent to them (cause my english is not that good) so far, I really feel greatful that they acknowledged my application and for giving me a chance to mend for my mistakes.
:rolleyes:13 days left and I will be a married Lady!!!

gWaPito
4th July 2007, 03:45
hi there...i'm new to this forum...i jsut had to sign up and spk about the divorce thing you mentioned.... my fiancee and i are currently preparing a settlement visa application and we thing we've checked things out pretty thoroughly.... so i was surprised to see that you say u need a descree absolute to apply.....

In the ONLINE Entry Clearance Officer Procedures http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1034241195847

chapter 13.9 it states the following:

The law relating to marriage/civil partnership in England and Wales does not allow for any arrangements to be made with a Registrar until the foreign national has arrived in the UK.

If the only reason for a couple not being free to marry/enter a civil partnership is that one of them is awaiting a divorce/dissolution of a civil partnership, entry clearance should not be refused for this reason alone (though ECOs would normally expect to see some evidence that divorce/dissolution proceedings are well under way).

The reasoning behind this is that the divorce/dissolution may well come through within the six months leave to enter period, thereby enabling the couple to marry/register a civil partnership. ECOs should however be aware that divorce/dissolution proceedings may take longer than 6 months to resolve.

The applicant may then apply for leave to remain as a spouse/civil partner. Should one of the partners still be waiting for a divorce/dissolution to come through at the end of the six-month period, they may apply to the Home Office for an extension of stay.

therefore either the ECO u spoke to isnt familiar with the procedures or the procedures are out of date...though the site does say that its updated live..

maybe we can check into this further.....

Good luck everyone out there, regards Jean (french for john) D2006

HI Jean, you are correct. I didnt have my decree absolute and we still got the clearence visa. I just provided 'mountains' of solicitors paperwork to prove that work was on going on my divorce.