PDA

View Full Version : Jealousy in the Philippines

aposhark
3rd September 2008, 22:49
For those men who haven't been to the Philippines yet to see their lady (or perhaps man for the ladies) just a little tip:

Filipinas are VERY jealous. I mean VERY, VERY jealous.

It is something that is often discussed with complete strangers, people you may meet on buses, ferries or anywhere that friendly Filipinos will engage you.
You will be notified of this by other Filipinas in conversation.

Even innocuous conversations with strangers will somewhere later be discussed with your mahal. Just a tip - watch where your eyes wander, in fact better not even let them wander at all, it is far better to have a harmonious day than the alternative :behead:

I learnt very early on before I met my mahal, whilst people-watching and chatting with many folk there, that the green-eyed monster surfaces for air much more frequently in the Phils than in the UK.

I have avoided any confrontation on this issue with my new wife, after being forewarned.

Seems it is better to never have wandering eyes and to enjoy the fruits of this modus operandi :icon_lol:
When I was single there on many visits, I did have a sore neck, you will see......

Well, I'm happily married and still in one piece so maybe I did follow someone's kind advice along the way :xxgrinning--00xx3:

maria_and_matt
3rd September 2008, 23:04
hmmm yeah, after being married to my husband for 9 yrs, still feel jealous, i really dont know why but everytime he talks to another girl back home it makes me so mad... i remember seing him talk to this girl in the bar... i got so upset left the bar went back home and locked all doors, he had to sleep at a nearby hotel with my dad :Rasp:

keithAngel
3rd September 2008, 23:39
I suspect that the word "Jealous" could be substituted for "Insecure" and if this is true then no amount of stategies will avoid this. I see it as an attention issue unless , in this case the man, also has a program running to seek attention by projecting onto every pretty lady that he comes into contact with.Which will make it all writ large.

Many woman have learned to use there own "magnetism" to safely navigate through the world and it can be problematic for us men and our partners if we dont notice this instead of blind captivation followed by recrimination if we are caught:omg:

This is all in my view quite different to normal ,healthy interaction , be it with men or women that i for one enjoy as a person and would wish the same for my S.O.

I dont beleive relationship is about limitation or ownership (nor winding the other up)but rather creating a trusting loving environment that BOTH work to maintain and can feel safe and nutured whithin. In order to grow it is often necasarry I.M.H.O to be outside of our comfort zones and on a few occasions I have challenged this in my own relationship.

Better to deal with an issue now than when I cant stand it anymore a few years on and have allowed it to reach unmanagable proportions through lack of communication:xxgrinning--00xx3:

amyburple
4th September 2008, 03:32
Well I AGREE...:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: In our CASE with my LOVEY, WE'RE BOTH JEALOUS hahahaha! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: No WONDER WE REALLY LOVE EACH OTHER head OVER HEALS :Hellooo::BouncyHappy::cwm12:

trina
4th September 2008, 06:37
Jealousy is part of the relationship...in my case I do got jealous sometimes but it doesn't mean that I am insecure or whatsoever...is just that I love my husband sooo much...

aposhark
4th September 2008, 08:36
I suspect that the word "Jealous" could be substituted for "Insecure" and if this is true then no amount of stategies will avoid this. I see it as an attention issue unless , in this case the man, also has a program running to seek attention by projecting onto every pretty lady that he comes into contact with.Which will make it all writ large.

Many woman have learned to use there own "magnetism" to safely navigate through the world and it can be problematic for us men and our partners if we dont notice this instead of blind captivation followed by recrimination if we are caught:omg:

This is all in my view quite different to normal ,healthy interaction , be it with men or women that i for one enjoy as a person and would wish the same for my S.O.

I dont beleive relationship is about limitation or ownership (nor winding the other up)but rather creating a trusting loving environment that BOTH work to maintain and can feel safe and nutured whithin. In order to grow it is often necasarry I.M.H.O to be outside of our comfort zones and on a few occasions I have challenged this in my own relationship.

Better to deal with an issue now than when I cant stand it anymore a few years on and have allowed it to reach unmanagable proportions through lack of communication:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hi Keith, good angle on this subject, obviously from a man's viewpoint.
Looks like the girls are giving us men little warnings here :Rasp::Rasp:

KeithD
4th September 2008, 09:16
Filipinas are VERY jealous. I mean VERY, VERY jealous.

Never been an issue with me & the missus...so not ALL :)

vbkelly
4th September 2008, 09:41
since i' meet my hubby i've never felt jealous or insecured to him nor him to me, like we're on holidays lots of women looked at him head to foot and what i heard to them is ohhh she's lucky busted lol and then some women asked me how i meet him and oneday we're on the beach a mother asked him if he is single coz she have a dauhgter to introduce him huhuhu then my hubby said to her no no no im married my wife is there in the shed (then he pointed me) im not kidding yeah women in my place they are jealous to me coz i got same ages husband.

amyburple
4th September 2008, 09:47
since i' meet my hubby i've never felt jealous or insecured to him nor him to me, like we're on holidays lots of women looked at him head to foot and what i heard to them is ohhh she's lucky busted lol and then some women asked me how i meet him and oneday we're on the beach a mother asked him if he is single coz she have a dauhgter to introduce him huhuhu then my hubby said to her no no no im married my wife is there in the shed (then he pointed me) im not kidding yeah women in my place they are jealous to me coz i got same ages husband.

Yes I can RELATE sis LOL :Rasp::Hellooo::BouncyHappy: I IGNORE them as long as I can't hear any negative WORDS from them or ELSE I will drag there FACES down :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:.. Lucky no one DARES hahahaha :):cwm34::icon_lol:

keithAngel
4th September 2008, 19:11
Hi Keith, good angle on this subject, obviously from a man's viewpoint.
Looks like the girls are giving us men little warnings here :Rasp::Rasp:

And beautifully gift wrapped they are to.

Let me give one of my own.....try to put me on a chain and then count your fingers:D

Ana_may365
4th September 2008, 19:34
jealousy is very natural to all filipina woman,it is not insecured,but it means :luv13:

Gavanddal
5th September 2008, 07:01
Bah, I've never experienced jealously from my wife. In the past I've chucked a girlfriend for being jealous because I spoke to a woman at a burger stand.
I believe my relationship with my wife is strong enough that jealousy doesn't come into it. Also she's so beautiful that I wouldn't want to look at another woman in that way.

miayela
5th September 2008, 10:57
Me and my husband have been in a relationship for 4 years now but it was never been an issue to us about being jealous, maybe because were very open to each other were not only a couple but we consider ourselves bestfriends.:cwm38:

stevenjay4
5th September 2008, 11:04
Me and my husband have been in a relationship for 4 years now but it was never been an issue to us about being jealous, maybe because were very open to each other were not only a couple but we consider ourselves bestfriends.:cwm38:

Bestfriends is a must in any relationship. An element of jelousy is good but not too much. I went out with 1 Filipina woman that needed to know exactly where I was 24/7, to the point I got a warning at work for all the txt messages and calls. It eventually got to the point i turned round to her and said that it couldnt go on if she didnt trust me to be where I said i would be.

keithAngel
5th September 2008, 18:36
jealousy is very natural to all filipina woman,it is not insecured,but it means :luv13:

Gerrod Parrot draws attention to the distinct thoughts and feelings that occur in jealousy and envy. [10] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jealousy_definitions#cite_note-Parrot.2CSmith.2C1993-9) [15] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jealousy_definitions#cite_note-Parrot.2C1992-14) [16] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jealousy_definitions#cite_note-Staff.2C1994-15) The experience of jealousy involves:

Fear of loss
Suspicion or anger about betrayal
Low self-esteem and sadness over loss
Uncertainty and loneliness
Fear of losing an important person to an attractive other
Distrust

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jealousy_definitions

Nothing to do with love whatever as :luv13: is the opposite of this list of attributes

nomorericepleas
5th September 2008, 23:33
Gerrod Parrot draws attention to the distinct thoughts and feelings that occur in jealousy and envy. [10] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jealousy_definitions#cite_note-Parrot.2CSmith.2C1993-9) [15] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jealousy_definitions#cite_note-Parrot.2C1992-14) [16] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jealousy_definitions#cite_note-Staff.2C1994-15) The experience of jealousy involves:

Fear of loss
Suspicion or anger about betrayal
Low self-esteem and sadness over loss
Uncertainty and loneliness
Fear of losing an important person to an attractive other
Distrust

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jealousy_definitions

Nothing to do with love whatever as :luv13: is the opposite of this list of attributes

agree big time with this list, it sums up my fiancee totally. not only gets jealous but violently jealous. i mean smashing up things.:ARsurrender: she had a bad past and a cheating husband. she didn't trust many people when i met her, probably less now :icon_lol: and i put it all down to insecurity of being cheated again, and being left alone.

she's her own worst enemy cos her tantrums only have the effect of distancing me from her. we had some really violent incidents and i don't know how we got through them still together.:Cuckoo: she is jealous to the extreme, i know she loves me, but i also think there is a big slice of insecurity involved due to her past life.