PDA

View Full Version : network connection when in Hongkong

Ecxy
2nd August 2006, 15:17
am just going to hongkong this week and am worry my network which is smart wont function there..or any suggestion what i cn do to use this still even im there in Hongkong to keep the communication here in Ph WITH MY Family..as i know my husband got two sim card one from here Philippines and when his there in Hongkonh he use the hongkong sim as network from here dont function in there..

scotsfiancee
2nd August 2006, 15:42
Your using smart so all you have to do is to roaming your number. It will gonna work when your in HK then and your family will deducted 1 peso per text to you. See to it that your phone is TRI-BAND.Pls activate your roaming service an hour before of departure.Here is details, you may call the costumer service through your phone free of charge and they can do it manually to you or via text..Be sure too that you will have lots of load coz there is a maintaining balance.I think 500 daily not sure about it...so call

Customer service for your Philippines prepaid SIM card is available 24 hr./day by dialing *888 at any time from your Philippines cellular phone. From a landline, dial +63 (632) 888-1111. You may also send a text message to 888 from your handset.

If your a Globe Subscriber and you want to roam your number any part of the world:Even UK

You can call the customer service through your handy phone dial 211 . They can do manually to activate your number or via text that will charge you 27.50 pesos.
Okay let say your leaving on Monday just type GROAM ON 08/07/2006 180 send 2884... (note:its with spaces )
180 is the maximum days to avail the roaming service. If your going back to PI you have to deactivate your number by typing GROAM OFF send 2884.
Plus you have to maintain the daily balance 100..your family will be charge 1 peso only per text, but if your going to reply them they charge you 15 per text. for outgoing calls is 80per minute and incoming calls is 60 pesos per minute.

I hope it helps

A_flyer
2nd August 2006, 16:25
am just going to hongkong this week and am worry my network which is smart wont function there..or any suggestion what i cn do to use this still even im there in Hongkong to keep the communication here in Ph WITH MY Family..as i know my husband got two sim card one from here Philippines and when his there in Hongkonh he use the hongkong sim as network from here dont function in there..
Dual band phones working in the Philippines will work in HongKong as most networks available there operates at same frequencies (900 and/or 1800Mhz) than in the Philippines.

SMART works perfectly in HongKong BUT you need to activate the roaming mode 1h before leaving the Philippines.
For this you need:
1) to have still more than P100 in credit,
2) text "ROAM ON" and send it to 333
3) be careful that once roaming in ON, you can't text or call directly within the Philippines.

Remember that each time you will send a text message from HongKong, it will cost you P20 (receiving text messages is free).

When you will be back, you have first to deactivate the roaming to be able to use your phone:
1) be sure you have a minimum credit of P100 on your Smart,
2) text "ROAM OFF" to 333

You will find full info on this here: http://www.smart.com.ph/SMART/Value+Added+Services/International+Services/VAS_Outbound.htm

Here is an extract:
SMART Buddy International Text Roaming
The only prepaid roaming service that lets you send and receive text messages from over 100 countries for only P20 per send.

Now, even SMART BUDDY prepaid subscribers can roam! With your SMART BUDDY celfone, you can send and receive text messages in over 100 countries for only P20 per send (the LOWEST PRE-PAID ROAMING RATE). So whenever you travel for work or leisure, your friends back home will only be a text away. Thanks to SMART's amazing breakthrough technology and its partnerships with over 200 networks worldwide.

ACTIVATING YOUR SMART BUDDY INTERNATIONAL TEXT ROAMING SERVICE It's so convenient to activate SMART BUDDY International Text Roaming.
Just text "ROAM ON" and send to 333. Roaming activation will occur within one (1) hour. (Important: Remember to activate pre-paid roaming before leaving the Philippines.)

When your Buddy Roaming service is activated you will:

be able to send and receive text messages in over 100 countries in the world, anytime for only P20 per send;
enjoy zero-charging for receiving text messages while roaming; and
disallow all outgoing and incoming calls (even while you're in the Philippines).

To deactivate the roaming feature upon your return, simply key in "ROAM OFF" and send to 333. De-activation will occur within one (1) hour. (Remember to deactivate upon arrival in the Philippines to restore voice calls.)

RELOADING YOUR SMART BUDDY WHILE ROAMING
It's so easy to reload SMART Buddy while travelling abroad:

Through SMART Money, you can reload with just a few clicks from your SMART Buddy celfone:
a. Go to your SMART Menu and select SMART Buddy.
b. Click on "RELOAD"
c. If you're reloading for the first time, BANK CODE. Enter MONEY, then press OK.
d. When prompted for ID, enter 1 then press OK (Click on MONEY and move on to the next step...)
e. Select a preset amount, then press OK.
f. Select MY BUDDY then press OK.
g. Key in your W-PIN, then press OK.
h. You will receive a test message confirming the amount successfully transferred.
NOTE: You will be charged P15.00 per airtime reload via SMART Money.

Through text, you can also reload SMART Buddy with a few simple commands:
a. Lightly scratch off the protective ink on your Call and Text Card* to reveal the 14-digit PIN.
b. Type in "RELOAD <14 digit PIN>" and send to 1510.
c. You will receive a text message confirming that the reload attempt is successful.
NOTE: You will be charged P17.50 per airtime reload via SMART Money.

* CALL and TEXT cards via the INTERNET.
In case you run out of Call and Text cards while roaming, you can always buy them on-line with your credit card. Just log-on to estore-exchange.com on the internet and follow the simple step-by-step instructions for online purchase.

CHECKING YOUR PRE-PAID PESO BALANCE WHILE ROAMING
To check your PESO balance while roaming:
Type in ?1515 and send to 214
You will receive a text message stating your latest available balance.

To check your FREE text balance:
Type ?1516 and send to 214
You will receive a text message stating your latest available balance.

scotsfiancee
2nd August 2006, 22:53
Dual band phones working in the Philippines will work in HongKong as most networks available there operates at same frequencies (900 and/or 1800Mhz) than in the Philippines.
In my case my dual band phone does not work in HK:NoNo:

A_flyer
3rd August 2006, 08:08
In my case my dual band phone does not work in HK:NoNo:
It's for another reason as networks are the same in HongKong and in the Philippines. As you can see below, technically a phone working in the Philippines will work in HongKong (and the reverse). A tri-band phone is of no use there. It's useful only if you travel to North or South america.

HongKong: (all these networks are roaming partners of both Globe and Smart)
China Mobile Peoples Telephone Co Ltd: GSM 1800
Hong Kong CSL Limited (HK CSL): GSM 900/1800
Hutchison Telecom (HK) Ltd (3): GSM 900/1800
New World PCS (New World Mobility): GSM 1800
SmarTone Mobile Communications Limited (SmarToneVodafone): GSM 900/1800
SUNDAY Communications Ltd: GSM 1800

Philippines:
Digital Telecommunications Phils, Inc (Digitel Mobile/Sun Cellular): GSM 1800
Globe Telecom: GSM 900/1800
Innove Communications, Inc. (Islacom): GSM 900
Smart Communications Inc (SMART Gold): GSM 900/1800

Are you sure that the roaming was already activated before your travel?

scotsfiancee
3rd August 2006, 08:17
Yes of course i do that before departure. When i get HK it does not work though my phone is dual band MOTOROLA V3 Razor . So we switch to my fiance's phone which is Samsung D500 and it work's....In Uk he used dual band for his GLOBE simcard and yet it works and also in EUROPE but not in US.