PDA

View Full Version : immigrants exploit loophole to get married

joebloggs
31st August 2008, 15:25
i've read somewhere that this loophole will be closed soon, as the gov will not allow illegal immigrants to marry in the uk, well time will tell :Erm:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/2608603/Immigrants-exploit-loophole-to-gain-British-citizenship-in-Church-of-England-marriages.html

you got to laugh thou :icon_lol: :laugher:

'The diocese of Southwark, which covers Greater London south of the Thames, has seen the number of applications for common licences rise from 90 in 2004 to 493 last year'.

'Government figures that show the number of suspected sham marriages has fallen from 3,500 in 2004 to as few as 400 last year following the introduction of strict controls on those being wed in a register office.

These regulations, which require people not legally settled in the UK to seek special permission to marry, were ruled as unlawful by the Law Lords ruled last month, but a Home Office spokesman said that they would continue to operate the current scheme to investigate individual applications. '

who is running this country :icon_lol:, an elected gov or unelected judges :Erm:, gov told what to do by a court again. time to tell the courts to :action-smiley-081:, brown is as weak as mr bean :doh, will they ever win a court judgement :NoNo:

and where were these judges, when the gov pushed up visa prices , or when the 'life in uk' test was brought in ? , what about your right as a british citizen to bring your wife and family to uk, without playing the lottery game, they must have been having a afternoon nap :NEW5:

keithAngel
31st August 2008, 15:37
i've read somewhere that this loophole will be closed soon, as the gov will not allow illegal immigrants to marry in the uk, well time will tell :Erm:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/2608603/Immigrants-exploit-loophole-to-gain-British-citizenship-in-Church-of-England-marriages.html

you got to laugh thou :icon_lol: :laugher:

'The diocese of Southwark, which covers Greater London south of the Thames, has seen the number of applications for common licences rise from 90 in 2004 to 493 last year'.

'Government figures that show the number of suspected sham marriages has fallen from 3,500 in 2004 to as few as 400 last year following the introduction of strict controls on those being wed in a register office.

These regulations, which require people not legally settled in the UK to seek special permission to marry, were ruled as unlawful by the Law Lords ruled last month, but a Home Office spokesman said that they would continue to operate the current scheme to investigate individual applications. '

who is running this country :icon_lol:, an elected gov or unelected judges :Erm:, gov told what to do by a court again. time to tell the courts to :action-smiley-081:, brown is as weak as mr bean :doh, will they ever win a court judgement :NoNo:

and where were these judges, when the gov pushed up visa prices , or when the 'life in uk' test was brought in ? , what about your right as a british citizen to bring your wife and family to uk, without playing the lottery game, they must have been having a afternoon nap :NEW5:

The judges only get involved when WE challenge an existing or new law they are our theoretical protectors of unjust government practice and case law is always changing ,

On the visa costs what is required is to take the issue to europe and challenge it or just keep writing the cheques

It makes me laugh to that it was after all Henry Tudor who invented the Church of England so he could get an annulment and marry his mistress

andypaul
31st August 2008, 16:00
The judges only get involved when WE challenge an existing or new law they are our theoretical protectors of unjust government practice and case law is always changing ,

On the visa costs what is required is to take the issue to europe and challenge it or just keep writing the cheques

It makes me laugh to that it was after all Henry Tudor who invented the Church of England so he could get an annulment and marry his mistress

Eactly the judges there to protect us from the goverment and ask questions like who is this Gazza fellow?

joebloggs
31st August 2008, 16:00
well i don't think brown can make a bigger gaff than when he said 'british jobs for british workers' :doh - Opponents have described it as meaningless, illegal under EU law, even racist.:yikes: :icon_lol:

:icon_lol::laugher::xxparty-smiley-050: has bush managed to beat that one :Erm:

joebloggs
31st August 2008, 16:03
Eactly the judges there to protect us from the goverment and ask questions like who is this Gazza fellow?

well the judges haven't done a good job protecting my wallet from the gov, i've had to pay over £3,000 for visa's upto now, and the europeans have to pay :Erm: :D

keithAngel
31st August 2008, 16:14
well the judges haven't done a good job protecting my wallet from the gov, i've had to pay over £3,000 for visa's upto now, and the europeans have to pay :Erm: :D

You have to bring a case Joe first through UK courts and when thats exausted through European