PDA

View Full Version : Hello from France

A_flyer
1st August 2006, 10:27
As I'm a bit "orphean" since ASAWA closure, so I'm coming here. Some knows me well (Hi Pete!). I will come here from time to time if you accept a lonely French forummer...

scotsfiancee
1st August 2006, 10:39
As I'm a bit "orphean" since ASAWA closure, so I'm coming here. Some knows me well (Hi Pete!). I will come here from time to time if you accept a lonely French forummer...

Hi Pleased to meet you here:Hellooo: :Hellooo:

ervenescence
1st August 2006, 10:40
Hello Yves, welcome to the forum its good to have you here. What happened to Asawa? I've known you there for being the master of the avatar :) .

walesrob
1st August 2006, 10:56

Hi Yves, welcome to the forum, and don't worry we will look after you :) Sad news about the Asawa forum.

walesrob
1st August 2006, 10:57
Hello Yves, welcome to the forum its good to have you here. What happened to Asawa? I've known you there for being the master of the avatar :) .

Bob decided to "freeze" it as he didn't have the money or time to keep up such a big task. Its still there, but only for reference.

KeithD
1st August 2006, 11:33
France.....soon to be renamed Israel :yikes:

scotsfiancee
1st August 2006, 11:36
France.....soon to be renamed Israel :yikes:
Lets called for an immediate CEASEFIRE:cwm23:

KeithD
1st August 2006, 11:38
No need for a ceasefire, Israel will meet there objectives by the year 3046, as they are written in stone.......must be a miracle, as the objectives change every day as Hezbollah make them look more & more stupid! :NoNo:

scotsfiancee
1st August 2006, 11:44
They cant wait for that Year 3,046...God is coming very soon to Rapture his People

A_flyer
1st August 2006, 13:51
Hi Yves, welcome to the forum, and don't worry we will look after you :) Sad news about the Asawa forum.
Thanks all for your nice welcome.

A_flyer
1st August 2006, 13:57
Bob decided to "freeze" it as he didn't have the money or time to keep up such a big task. Its still there, but only for reference.
Money problem can often be solved, but the main problem for Bob is the time. He has too much work. Since May he is driving a lot of project in different areas of the US (and some abroad soon) so he has no time to manage Asawa (he went there only few times and had no time to read his personnal mails). So he preferred to stop it rather than letting it run without any administration (that was the case for the last 3 months). We mods were doing our best, but we can't replace an administrator and manage to pay the bills...

mrsfrivolity
1st August 2006, 16:25
Hello Yves! Very good to see you here. Shame about the asawa forum. I haven't been very active for awhile but I do "lurk" from time to time just to see what my old friends are up to.

btw, for your reference, myself is the forumer formerly known as kikayinsubic. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ginapeterb
1st August 2006, 16:30
Hi Yves, good to have you onboard this aircraft, welcome, and your well known over here, the ususal suspects are here from Asawa, Rob, myself, Cielo, and one or two others, glad you are with us...

A_flyer
1st August 2006, 16:31
Hello Yves! Very good to see you here. Shame about the asawa forum. I haven't been very active for awhile but I do "lurk" from time to time just to see what my old friends are up to. Thanks for the welcome.

btw, for your reference, myself is the forumer formerly known as kikayinsubic. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Yes I know who you are and I remember you! I'm looking on your blog from time to time.

A_flyer
1st August 2006, 16:39
Hi Yves, good to have you onboard this aircraft, welcome, and your well known over here, the ususal suspects are here from Asawa, Rob, myself, Cielo, and one or two others, glad you are with us...
Thanks Pete!

mrsfrivolity
1st August 2006, 16:46
My family's going to Ploeuce-sur-lie (south of St.Brieuc apparently) on the 15th to visit Bill's brother who lives there. Is that anywhere near where you live?

A_flyer
1st August 2006, 17:57
My family's going to Ploeuce-sur-lie (south of St.Brieuc apparently) on the 15th to visit Bill's brother who lives there. Is that anywhere near where you live?
Ah no chance it's far from my place: 750km.

KeithD
2nd August 2006, 09:09
Ah no chance it's far from my place: 750km.
That's 'Just down the road' if you live in Wales :D

mrsfrivolity
2nd August 2006, 11:24
yeah...too far out. we're driving you see and if the distance is reasonable, we could've dropped by to say hello. just as well too as who would want to meet up with two adults with two mental kids anyway... :D :Rasp:

maka_pilipino
2nd August 2006, 20:18
Bienvenue, A_flyer! Commen-allez vous, A_flyer? J'habite aux Philippines. Je parle un peu Francais parce que j'etudie la langue a l'Alliance Francaise de Manille. Je ne la parle pas bien mas j'essaye. :)

Au revoir. :)

KeithD
2nd August 2006, 21:34
Bonjour eine Deutchland kumusta! :Erm:

A_flyer
3rd August 2006, 08:16
Bienvenue, A_flyer! Commen-allez vous, A_flyer? J'habite aux Philippines. Je parle un peu Francais parce que j'etudie la langue a l'Alliance Francaise de Manille. Je ne la parle pas bien mas j'essaye. :)

Merci, good French anyway.
Just a question, why are you studying French?

KeithD
3rd August 2006, 08:54
Exactly, WHY are you studying French?? :icon_lol:

aromulus
3rd August 2006, 09:23
why not?

KeithD
3rd August 2006, 10:45
With the commercial markets these days, best bet is Chinese :)

krizziei
3rd August 2006, 12:20
yes mandarin seems to be 'in' these days, but French still has that lovely 'sing-songy' tongue that is still irresistable and always popular to millions worldwide.

maka_pilipino
3rd August 2006, 13:06
Hello people! :BouncyHappy: I study French because I find the French culture interesting. And also because I plan to take graduate studies in France or the UK. :) Well, I hope to get a scholarship though because the cost of living both in France and in the UK will probably leave my mother penniless. hehehe :icon_lol:I've met many French nationals in Makati and most of them are really nice. :)

Anyway, I went to a Chinese school in Manila so I had Fookien and Mandarin classes. I was never really interested in it. hehehe. I'd rather master a regional language than Fookien or MAndarin, :xxgrinning--00xx3:

maka_pilipino
3rd August 2006, 13:31
^^ I forgot to add that the vice-president of the language school I go to is really handsome. What a source of inspiration! hahaha I think I was blushing thw whole time during our "mock" interview. B) Hihihi!

misscarie
4th August 2006, 10:31

commet allez vous:Hellooo: tu este sotte lol hey any english version here???cant understand you:NoNo:

ivor&mel
5th August 2006, 22:51
Anyway, I went to a Chinese school in Manila so I had Fookien and Mandarin classes. I was never really interested in it. hehehe. I'd rather master a regional language than Fookien or MAndarin, :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I'd recommend sticking with Chinese (by which I mean Mandarin). English and Mandarin are going to be the two most important languages in the coming years, and learning Mandarin is an enriching experience. Of all the languages that I've studied, I've found Mandarin the most fascinating. It's hard work at the beginning because there are so many unfamiliar concepts, even using only Pinyin: 5 tones... strange grammar... weird tenses... But stick at it and it gives a great insight into the way the Chinese mind works. And if you venture into Hanzi, you'll gain a lot more understanding.

Ni zhi bu zhidao wo ai Zhongwen? :)

scotsfiancee
5th August 2006, 23:05
nice we have translator here now:xxgrinning--00xx3:

francesca
6th August 2006, 01:43
Learning french is usefull. French language has always class in it when you speak. It is useful if you are in France . Most shops and offices here do not speak English. Not like in Belgium, and Switzerland, they speak french but can manage other language like English and German, depends on where the border is.Although these countries has their own national language.

A_flyer
6th August 2006, 05:45
I forgot to add that the vice-president of the language school I go to is really handsome.
I heard this everyday from my Filipina wife!

misscarie
6th August 2006, 06:21
Learning french is usefull. French language has always class in it when you speak. It is useful if you are in France . Most shops and offices here do not speak English. Not like in Belgium, and Switzerland, they speak french but can manage other language like English and German, depends on where the border is.Although these countries has their own national language.

maybe they need atagalog version in france:D aside from french,,,german and english:Erm:

misscarie
6th August 2006, 06:24
nice we have translator here now:xxgrinning--00xx3:

i can use body language :blacklistsmartassHL :REDancedancer08: hehehehe
:gp: :appl:

scotsfiancee
6th August 2006, 06:55
i can use bodylanguage :blacklistsmartassHL :REDancedancer08:
Body Language?:Erm: a non-verbal communication:Brick: mmmm i think carie you done this:icon_lol:

misscarie
6th August 2006, 07:48
Body Language?:Erm: a non-verbal communication:Brick: mmmm i think carie you done this:icon_lol:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: right scot :action-smiley-081: ...shhhhhhh they will get ahmmm:Cuckoo: hehehe :D

misscarie
6th August 2006, 07:51
:icon_lol:
I heard this everyday from my Filipina wife!

i cant hear anything :NoNo: is it the sounds this flyer ( OH OH OH stop na):icon_lol: :gp: :thorsten_rammler:

KeithD
6th August 2006, 09:46
.... French language has always class in it when you speak. It is useful if you are in France .......
French language is useful in France, thank God for that eh? :icon_lol:

misscarie
6th August 2006, 09:53
I'd recommend sticking with Chinese (by which I mean Mandarin). English and Mandarin are going to be the two most important languages in the coming years, and learning Mandarin is an enriching experience. Of all the languages that I've studied, I've found Mandarin the most fascinating. It's hard work at the beginning because there are so many unfamiliar concepts, even using only Pinyin: 5 tones... strange grammar... weird tenses... But stick at it and it gives a great insight into the way the Chinese mind works. And if you venture into Hanzi, you'll gain a lot more understanding.

Ohayo :D

misscarie
6th August 2006, 09:55

but i am still in manila cant speak french here :doh they will think that im crazy :bigcry:

scotsfiancee
6th August 2006, 09:56
How could it be useful here in our land?:doh :Help1:

misscarie
6th August 2006, 10:06
How could it be useful here in our land?:doh :Help1:

by using sign language :doh :D

misscarie
6th August 2006, 10:09

ohayo :Erm: good morning

scotsfiancee
6th August 2006, 10:11
We used our own sign language here:cwm34: ahhhhhhhh biyae nko:cwm23: :icon_lol:

misscarie
6th August 2006, 10:13
We used our own sign language here:cwm34: ahhhhhhhh biyae nko:cwm23: :icon_lol:

i can also use face language :furious3: :Brick: :cwm24:

scotsfiancee
6th August 2006, 10:31
Face...its would be worst:cwm23:

KeithD
6th August 2006, 11:46
You two lost me after 'Hello......' :icon_lol:

scotsfiancee
6th August 2006, 12:35
"Hello"?is this me your looking for:Erm: :D :icon_lol: its sounds like a song heheheh:NoNo:

W-A_flyer
6th August 2006, 12:39
Hello :Hellooo: everyone,

It's nice to be here! I just registered to this forum as well. Have a nice day everyone!

From France,

scotsfiancee
6th August 2006, 12:44
Hello :Hellooo: everyone,

It's nice to be here! I just registered to this forum as well. Have a nice day everyone.
Do u know flyer?the one who post this thread?:Erm: you have same name:icon_lol: Welcome,piacere!!!:Hellooo:

W-A_flyer
6th August 2006, 12:47
Do u know flyer?the one who post this thread?:Erm: you have same name:icon_lol: Welcome,piacere!!!:Hellooo:

Yes, he is my husband! Thanks for your welcome scotsfiancee! :BouncyHappy:

scotsfiancee
6th August 2006, 12:50
Yes, he is my husband! Thanks for your welcome scotsfiancee! :BouncyHappy:
Hahahaha funny..............happy to have you here:BouncyHappy:

KeithD
6th August 2006, 13:57
I went to see The Arc De'Triomphe - Lonchamp a few years back, great race, great track......couldn't get out the country quick enough :icon_lol: