PDA

View Full Version : with an FLR can you work?

ajwafa
31st July 2006, 12:18
Hello everyone,

Would like to know if you already get an FLR, can you get a national insurance as well?

Regards

ginapeterb
2nd August 2006, 00:15
If you have FLR, Following marriage from a Fiancee Visa, yes you can work, but you cannot get a National Insurance number until you have an offer of employment.

However if you wish to have a temp national insurance Number, you can use the following:

T your 6 figure date of birth..followed by M=Male or F=Female.

I hope this helps

KeithD
2nd August 2006, 09:02
....but you cannot get a National Insurance number until you have an offer of employment.

....However, if you hijack a plane to the UK, hold everyone hostage with bombs & guns for 4 days, claim asylum, you then get a NI number more quickly.....:NoNo:

ajwafa
2nd August 2006, 16:48
If you have FLR, Following marriage from a Fiancee Visa, yes you can work, but you cannot get a National Insurance number until you have an offer of employment.

However if you wish to have a temp national insurance Number, you can use the following:

T your 6 figure date of birth..followed by M=Male or F=Female.

I hope this helps

Thank you so much Pete, this really helps, I actually have a potential offer but thats what I was thinking I don't have an Insurance Number yet.

Can I accept an offer and start a job, while waiting for an FLR?

Thanks

ginapeterb
2nd August 2006, 17:10
Well you could do, however your employers may wish to see your immigration status, and technically, you are not allowed to work until your visa has been adjusted to FLR, but you might get away with it, if your FLR is going to happen in next few weeks, of course you could use a temp NI number as previously stated.

it should look like this.

T231280F

This means

Temporary, Date of Birth 23 12 80 and F is Female.

But you will be required to call the DSS National Ins line to obtain one, and they will book an appt for you to attend.

This takes up to 6 weeks to be issued with your NI number.

ajwafa
3rd August 2006, 10:11
Okay Pete, thank you so much for that....

juttyali2921
7th April 2007, 11:46
[QUOTE=ginapeterb;9331]If you have FLR, Following marriage from a Fiancee Visa, yes you can work, but you cannot get a National Insurance number until you have an offer of employment.

i agree with win to win:censored: wot a world we live:angry:

scotsfiancee
7th April 2007, 17:35
NOTE:

You can get a national insurance no. anytime you wanted to once you have your flr visa.

And from the time of your interview,you only have to show them the printable emails that your looking for a job in a particular company. Minimum of 2 emails. and tell them that your still waiting for a reply.

They will accept that no problem :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
7th April 2007, 18:16
you can get a NI number without job offers if your partner can claim tax creds, as he would need to put his wifes details down to, and she would need a NI number, thats how my wife got hers. and once she got it, she starting looking for a job.

robeth
8th April 2007, 08:00
I arrived Dec 30, after 1 week I applied for NI number with enough documents ie: proof that ur actively seeking work, proof of address, marriage contract, passport etc then was issued a temp number upon application after 2 weeks, my permanent NI number was posted to me.Got my NI wallet card after 3 weeks of application.

started working feb 5 at some local post office as a counter clerk.

my accent is still terrible...home sick and lots of impatient customers...well...

GOODLUCK to everyone!!!