PDA

View Full Version : Consultation paper on Immigration Appeals

joebloggs
23rd August 2008, 12:14
gov has published a consultation paper on Immigration appeals

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/aboutus/consultations/immigrationappeals/immigrationappealsconsultation?view=Binary

i've had a quick look, some points are -

An appeals system which is • final – where good decisions are made which are not litigated over in the higher courts

An appeals system which is• faster – bringing appeals to a conclusion sooner

Earlier confirmation of asylum decisions • resulting in swifter integration of refugees and faster removal of unsuccessful claimants allowing them to better plan their future

People who wish to visit or settle with family • members in the United Kingdom will have their applications concluded faster

could be in action by june 2009.

andypaul
23rd August 2008, 21:59
Could be good news for some and bad for others.

The some being the goverment and the others being the applicants.

joebloggs
24th August 2008, 01:24
well some illegal immigrants manage to drag it out for years b4 they go back or win never ending appeals or marry a eastern European and then get to stay :D

i've read some where, that if one or both are illegal immigrants in the uk, then they will be refused to be allowed to get married here.

you've got to give it to the Asian countries who refused or deported gazzy glitter, no messing, no appeals just told him to :censored:, and look at Vietnam, convicts are deported, again no appeals, no dragging it out, just kick him out :xxgrinning--00xx3: why can't this country do the same :Erm:

maybe they should have kept him in longer, i've heard he's got a new album coming out :yikes::NoNo::furious3:

this country is a joke for appeals, some people have been waiting many years to find out if they can stay here :icon_lol:

andypaul
24th August 2008, 09:57
well some illegal immigrants manage to drag it out for years b4 they go back or win never ending appeals or marry a eastern European and then get to stay :D

i've read some where, that if one or both are illegal immigrants in the uk, then they will be refused to be allowed to get married here.

you've got to give it to the Asian countries who refused or deported gazzy glitter, no messing, no appeals just told him to :censored:, and look at Vietnam, convicts are deported, again no appeals, no dragging it out, just kick him out :xxgrinning--00xx3: why can't this country do the same :Erm:

maybe they should have kept him in longer, i've heard he's got a new album coming out :yikes::NoNo::furious3:

this country is a joke for appeals, some people have been waiting many years to find out if they can stay here :icon_lol:

I agree there are many abuses of the system.

But what about those whose appealing over a spouse visa. Theres speeding up the process so its good for all and speeding up so the powers that be can shut you up making targets for the voters to see.

Seems that with one act the system will be super efficent and totaly perfect.

Wow with 10-15 acts of these we could change the entire system.

Just in time for the election:Erm:

I.e some procedures and targets rushed in with out any ground work, proper structure or investment (unless fees go up by a big percentage:Erm:)

There put it all in place and then it will be hacked to death by the human rights act but that will not happen untill after the election possibly.

joebloggs
24th August 2008, 10:22
I don't think that many spouse visa's are refused, if it is, then most can be gained on appeal,they just have to have the evidence of a relationship, place to live and a job/cash. not rocket science :D or SQL :D

andypaul
24th August 2008, 12:14
I don't think that many spouse visa's are refused, if it is, then most can be gained on appeal,they just have to have the evidence of a relationship, place to live and a job/cash. not rocket science :D or SQL :D

But if the appeal system is mucked about with so figures/targets can be reached i hope it doesn't affect anyone but im sure it will. When adminstrators are rushed misatkes are made.

Also quite a few spouse visas used to be refused when i read the stats a few years back i have no idea of the numbers now.

Making things smoother (giving people a quicker response) yet protecting
the borders etc doesn't mean the quick decision will please the applicant which from a cursory glance at the paperwork i get the impression means that decision is final and a fresh application would have to be made.

I.e stop long appeals which cost the goverment lots of money (i belive they are free to the applicant) and make people have to reapply in the situation of a spouse visa. I.e more money

joebloggs
24th August 2008, 14:36
well its time the gov sorted immigration out, there are 2 immigration systems in the uk, the british and the european union one. its wrong when EEA nationals have more rights than a british citizen. brits should have a legal right to bring their wife/husband and kids to the uk, without playing a lottery game.

its time the gov closed the loop holes that allows illegal immigrants to stay and deport those who abuse the system, and let those in who should have a legal right to be here :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fake students,uni's/colleges, over stayers marrying eastern europeans, students being here 10yrs !, 14yr rule that's allows illegal immigrants who have been here for 14yrs or more to apply for ILR for free etc.. :NoNo:

andypaul
24th August 2008, 18:27
well its time the gov sorted immigration out, there are 2 immigration systems in the uk, the british and the european union one. its wrong when EEA nationals have more rights than a british citizen. brits should have a legal right to bring their wife/husband and kids to the uk, without playing a lottery game.

its time the gov closed the loop holes that allows illegal immigrants to stay and deport those who abuse the system, and let those in who should have a legal right to be here :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fake students,uni's/colleges, over stayers marrying eastern europeans, students being here 10yrs !, 14yr rule that's allows illegal immigrants who have been here for 14yrs or more to apply for ILR for free etc.. :NoNo:

So when will the UK be leaving the EU Joe?

I visited a matey who owns a whole load of English schools the other day and spoke to a number of the staff in a convo while waiting for him to conclude a meeting.
One of the teachers actually joked about how most of the pupils are only intrested in legal English (a subject im told) and how to write a CV for a british job application. The Teachers want to help those that wish to learn but some they know are cheating the system but the grief they would get if they stuck their noses in would give them possibly to much grief.

Only way I can see many of these things happening unless a leader with a team around him or her is tough/clever enough to change or alter the laws and ensure in doing so we dont shoot oursleves in the foot.

I think as usual the goverment will find themselves knocked down when they attempt this due to laws already in place and unless they change huge passages of treatys i simply cant see how they can stop being taken to the courts.

To try and attempt to do this by June 2009 seems a tad optmistic. This things have to be watertight otherwise if someone finds a loophole all of the effort is wasted and could result in compensation claims and alsorts.

Dont get me wrong joe I agree it sounds great in principle but the weakning of rights for everyday people (by the grace of God we did not need to appeal) and trying to change laws and procedures which will only leave them with egg on their face when people "use their eu human rights"

joebloggs
24th August 2008, 19:13
i'm off to Lithuania, to get me my Lithuanian passport and come back here and have more rights than when i left :xxgrinning--00xx3:, no problems bringing stepson back as he will be seen as a child til hes 21 under european law :xxgrinning--00xx3:, and i will not have to pay for a visa :xxgrinning--00xx3: it's free for europeans :xxgrinning--00xx3:

oh happy days :icon_lol:

weak gov and weak laws, the unelected upper class judges rule this country, over ruling politicians and what the public want, many live in cuckoo land :Cuckoo:. do what most other countries do, :censored: human rights and send them back, just like Vietnam did with garry glitter..

HO says your visa is refused, you appeal to AIT, your refused, you goto High court, your refused, you goto house of lords, your refused, you goto the european court of human rights, maybe you'll win. cost to taxpayer ££££££££££££ ?? :icon_lol::Cuckoo::Rasp::ARsurrender:

:D :ARsurrender: