PDA

View Full Version : question....

fhara
23rd August 2008, 10:11
hi everybody,..just want to ask for clarification in my mind.:Brick:...is it posible to file a fiancee visa while my bf's divorce is still in process/ not yet done?.....as of now we are waiting for the result of our visit visa BUT just incase,..so thats why we ask...thanks so much and hope you can give me some more info..:doh

KeithD
23rd August 2008, 10:46
No. As part of the application you need to prove he is divorced.

trina
23rd August 2008, 11:15
No. As part of the application you need to prove he is divorced.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
23rd August 2008, 11:26
Simply put, you are asking for a 'marriage visa' to marry a married man!!! :Erm:

The No.1 mistress saying by men:
"Yes darling, of course I'm getting divorced to marry you" .....how many times have the embassy heard that one? :rolleyes:

joebloggs
23rd August 2008, 11:43
it's better to wait, but depends how far his divorce case has gone..

from a OISC immigration lawyer
The fiancee visa application will be accepted if you can show that the divorce will be finalised within the six months of your visa, so that you can get married. So, if you have the decree nisi, you should be okay. Otherwise, a letter from your divorce solicitor confirming this usually works.

However, if the divorce is not likely to be finalised within the six months then the application will be refused, so it would be best to wait. If the petition has not yet been served then it is unlikely that it will all be sorted so quickly.

joebloggs
23rd August 2008, 11:45
Simply put, you are asking for a 'marriage visa' to marry a married man!!! :Erm:

The No.1 mistress saying by men:
"Yes darling, of course I'm getting divorced to marry you" .....how many times have the embassy heard that one? :rolleyes:

well Muslim's can have upto 4 wifes ?

poor guys :cwm3::bigcry::cwm24::NoNo: :doh

KeithD
23rd August 2008, 12:30
..............However, if the divorce is not likely to be finalised within the six months then the application will be refused, so it would be best to wait. If the petition has not yet been served then it is unlikely that it will all be sorted so quickly.

Which is why the simple answer is to wait. Never complicate the visa process, make it as easy and simple as possible. Less reasons for a refusal.

joebloggs
23rd August 2008, 12:45
Which is why the simple answer is to wait. Never complicate the visa process, make it as easy and simple as possible. Less reasons for a refusal.

that's why i agreed with you :doh

dont waste time and money appealing or reapplying, get it right first time :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
23rd August 2008, 13:38
Why apply for a visitor visa if the backup is a fiancee visa? :Erm:

The reason you get 6 months on the fiancee is to save money on the visitor visa! :doh

fhara
24th August 2008, 05:42
hi everyone...thanks so much for the reply..its okay coz if ever we cant get the visit visa, he will come back next year so we will just wait..thanks again...