PDA

View Full Version : advice pls.....

fhara
13th August 2008, 09:08
.hi i was applying for my visit visa this month maybe coz i have all the papers tom.,but then, its because i heard that lots of visit visa's not approved.., so we were thinking of other ways also if ever we fail to get the visit visa..so i was hoping that anyone can tell me that when your applying for fiancee visa did you give a date of when your wedding is?coz in our case my bf cant fix a date yet coz the divorce is not yet done they still processing it...and also how long should our relationship be so that we can apply for fiancee?....hope anyone can give me an advice or also some other members here hope you could help me coz wer very worried about this.:Brick::Help1:..thanks for your time...
...and is it possible for us to try fiancee visa also or not?..thanks again...:):):)

IainBusby
13th August 2008, 09:37
.hi i was applying for my visit visa this month maybe coz i have all the papers tom.,but then, its because i heard that lots of visit visa's not approved.., so we were thinking of other ways also if ever we fail to get the visit visa..so i was hoping that anyone can tell me that when your applying for fiancee visa did you give a date of when your wedding is?coz in our case my bf cant fix a date yet coz the divorce is not yet done they still processing it...and also how long should our relationship be so that we can apply for fiancee?....hope anyone can give me an advice or also some other members here hope you could help me coz wer very worried about this.:Brick::Help1:..thanks for your time...
...and is it possible for us to try fiancee visa also or not?..thanks again...:):):)

I don't think there is much chance of being granted a visit visa especially when it's to visit a bf or fiancee. Unless of course you have a good job, property and money in the bank in Phils.

There is no fixed period for how long you have been in a relationship before you can get a fiancee visa, but you must have met at least once, must be able to show that plans for a wedding have been made, ie church, registry office booking, wedding reception booking and before you can do any of this, he must be free to marry.

I don't think there is any way round the last part other than to wait for his divorce proceedings to run their course.

Iain.

fhara
13th August 2008, 10:24
hi iain,

thanks for the reply..and yup we already met here last may15 for 2 weeks and thats the main prob coz the divorce still processing..but its okay we can wait forever...thanks so much it helps....

IainBusby
13th August 2008, 10:38
Taking into account what I have already said, if your fiancee is prepared to risk losing the application fee and you feel you can both live with the disappointment you will feel if your application is rejected, then you may still feel it's worth applying for a visit visa.

You never know, you might just be one of the lucky ones. If you're not lucky enough to get one, at least you'll have something else to add to your evidence of relationship when you eventually apply for a fiancee visa. Whatever you decide to do, good luck to you both.

Iain.

PeterB
13th August 2008, 15:14
Ruby received her UK visitor visa without any problems, last year. I accompanied her to Manila in order to submit the application. It was granted and took 7 days to arrive. She had no job, no money and no property. However, it seems likely that a previous visit to Australia may have counted in her favour.

Mrs Daddy
13th August 2008, 18:18
Very well said Iain :)

fhara
14th August 2008, 06:41
hi iain,peterB and mrs.daddy..yup he already know that its a risk, but still he wanted to try coz maybe also it helps my visit last year in macau,china but its not too far and its still asia but we hope so..if not maybe we can try another options your right iain..thanks so much to your ideas it helps a lot..take care

IainBusby
14th August 2008, 09:25
hi iain,peterB and mrs.daddy..yup he already know that its a risk, but still he wanted to try coz maybe also it helps my visit last year in macau,china but its not too far and its still asia but we hope so..if not maybe we can try another options your right iain..thanks so much to your ideas it helps a lot..take care

One thing that might help is if you explain that the only reason for your visit is that your fiancee is not yet free to marry and that you mearly wish to be able to spend some quality time together.

If you also explain that you intend to marry as soon as your fiancee is free to do so and that you are fully aware that if you were granted a visit visa and then breached the conditions of that visa, your chances of eventually being granted a settlement visa would be seriously jeopordised.

Iain.

Geraldine
14th August 2008, 10:14

Hi! If you are not in a hurry, whatever the reasons are, just wait for his divorce to finish then you can apply for fiancee visa.

fhara
16th August 2008, 06:18
One thing that might help is if you explain that the only reason for your visit is that your fiancee is not yet free to marry and that you mearly wish to be able to spend some quality time together.

If you also explain that you intend to marry as soon as your fiancee is free to do so and that you are fully aware that if you were granted a visit visa and then breached the conditions of that visa, your chances of eventually being granted a settlement visa would be seriously jeopordised.

Iain.

hi iain,..is it okay coz he put in his invitation letter that as soon as his divorce finalized then we are going to engage for marriage?and then as of now he invited me coz he wanted me to be there on my b-day this dec, and x-mas and to his b-day on jan also...hope it helps and wish us luck i have appointment this aug22..:)

fhara
16th August 2008, 06:19
hi ge,...we miss eachother so much so we try evrything...thanks and wish us luck

IainBusby
16th August 2008, 10:18
hi iain,..is it okay coz he put in his invitation letter that as soon as his divorce finalized then we are going to engage for marriage?and then as of now he invited me coz he wanted me to be there on my b-day this dec, and x-mas and to his b-day on jan also...hope it helps and wish us luck i have appointment this aug22..:)

Good Luck FHara! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fhara
17th August 2008, 04:57
thanks iain..

Ann07
17th August 2008, 16:30
all the best fhara:)

fhara
23rd August 2008, 02:25
thanks ann07...ive been there yesterday and hopefully...keep praying..congrats to ur cute bb...