PDA

View Full Version : just got married.....

angelbird
26th July 2006, 00:39
hi to everyone,my name is dave and i married my filipina gf on june21 in makati. we met over a year ago online and we spent 2 months together in manila (dec/jan).during my visit we planned and set a date for marriage in june.i arrived in manila on june2 and we tied the knot on june21:BouncyHappy:,i returned home on july24....on my own:bigcry:

obviously we want to settle and live together here in the uk.any advise about settlement visa's would be welcome. what is involved and how long does an application usually take?

thanks in advance.

Eljohno
26th July 2006, 08:19
hi to everyone,my name is dave and i married my filipina gf on june21 in makati. we met over a year ago online and we spent 2 months together in manila (dec/jan).during my visit we planned and set a date for marriage in june.i arrived in manila on june2 and we tied the knot on june21:BouncyHappy:,i returned home on july24....on my own:bigcry:

obviously we want to settle and live together here in the uk.any advise about settlement visa's would be welcome. what is involved and how long does an application usually take?

thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to the website, all the answers you are looking are already on the forum so just take an. hour or so to look. After that if you are unsure about anything then the members here will only be to glad to help. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

scotsfiancee
26th July 2006, 08:45
hi to everyone,my name is dave and i married my filipina gf on june21 in makati. .

Hi angel..welcome to this forum:Hellooo:just keep on reading :BouncyHappy:
Send my regards to your wife!

rands
26th July 2006, 09:28
Hi Angelbird,

Congrats to you and your wife!!! :Hellooo:

I would advise you and your wife to read previous postings on this site and also Pete's site. Most of us here went through the same situation as you, burnt midnight toil religiously reading all of the facts, advice and opinion of others, and followed what we think and believe useful and relevant in our respective application.

Prepare the required documents properly, and most importantly, practice, practice and practice for the interview. Try not to assume you will get rid of an interview, but be positive.

Good luck!!! :)

Rands

angelbird
28th July 2006, 05:10
hey thanks everyone. wow i wish i had discovered this site a year ago! ive found the information and the expeirence of others on this site priceless. i must confess that i've been a tad too relaxed about the settlement visa process. my wife and i have put all our collective energy into the marriage preperations and in all honesty have only turned our attention to "the next phase". like many others on this site i'm now a worried man lol .... but its a welcome wake up call. evidence of our relationship being at the top of my worry list..:yikes:

KeithD
28th July 2006, 09:25
Just a thought!!! Would they accept used condoms as 'proof of relationship'? :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :NoNo:

angelbird
28th July 2006, 11:35
my god what are u saying....my wifes a good catholic girl,we dont use em:xxgrinning--00xx3: ...lol,nice one:icon_lol:

ervenescence
28th July 2006, 19:40
Its good without peelings..Lol

Remove the strip when you eat it, taste great. Suck don't chew, swallow don't spit :D

Im talking how to eat banana..LOL, who knows! could be one of the interview in the BE.

KeithD
28th July 2006, 20:46
....Suck don't chew, swallow don't spit :D

:cwm24: I've just had to change my pants!

angelbird
28th July 2006, 21:14
hmmmm....just watched my wife eating a banana online:censored: ,kiddin'. but on a more serious note,we hav'nt given evidence much of a thought. because we are always online we only email after a tiff when one of us signs out and refuses to reply to calls or txts.as for letters,she has sent 4 plus a few postcards. i hav'nt bothered since my first one did'nt arrive. could this be a potential problem for us?

IainBusby
28th July 2006, 21:53
Hi angelbird, this evidence thing is a bit of a bummer cos it appears that the ECO's are still living in the last century and are relying on despatches from the front line (snail mail by paddle steamer), which no one uses anymore. I mean, if you write a letter, and it arrives (if your lucky) 2 to 3 weeks later, it's hard to understand what it was all about if you've had at least a dozen conversations online since then. Even if you just write them for the sake of evidence it only causes trouble. Because so much water has passed under the bridge since you sent the letter, you can be sure your girl will pick up on the one sentence which had some relevence to something that was going on or troubling you when you wrote it, but for the life of you, you can't remember what you meant by the time she receives it.

Mrs Daddy
11th August 2006, 05:11
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: hi evryone,
its my first time here,and my friend in high school refer me to this site who at present in california now as a fiancce for someone settled there but the difference between me and my classmate is that my fiance is from uk.i have the same problem with angelbird.the difference is that angelbird who worries about it for his wife while i am the one who worry how my fiance and I,myself be together in uk after our marriage by this coming oct.we already met last may30-july28 and plan to have a civil wedding by october.after the wedding could anybody please help me how to apply for a spousal visa?any info?an experiences that wud like to know from you guys?how is it being interviewed in embassy?i worry about it so much!!!I want to be with my husband to be as he doesn`t want to settle down here in phily!!!please help...

scotsfiancee
11th August 2006, 05:21
Hello wheeladano, nice meeting you here and glad to have you:) I would suggest you to read Pete's Site (http://www.british-filipino.com) all infos are there and you can visit also UKVACS (http://www.ukvacs.net) bout how to apply, you can submit your applications in person or through courier,all details are there..try to read also the old threads bout spousal visa...
:Hellooo:

KeithD
11th August 2006, 09:21
As long as you fill the form correctly, supply plenty of proof, it can be a fast 'n' painless process these days.

Jay&Zobel
17th September 2006, 17:53
hmm wonder hows angelbird?

Mrs Daddy
21st September 2006, 07:59
tnx a lot guys!!!