PDA

View Full Version : whats next after wedding...

gretandy
24th July 2006, 11:45
kamusta everybody.. hope you guys are doing well.. i want you to know that this site has been very useful to me and my fiance:xxgrinning--00xx3: .. luckily ,we got my fiancee visa (March 1st of this year), just after one week of applying..(we never had interview:D) i have been here in UK for almost three months now and we are getting married next month. My fiancee visa expires on sept.1, 2006.. what paperworks should we do next after our wedding to let the Philippines know that im married and had changed surname....
( do we need to apply for spousal visa?.:Erm: ...)please help meeeeeee......

cheers,
gretandy:)

scotsfiancee
24th July 2006, 12:44
.. luckily ,we got my fiancee visa (March 1st of this year), just after one week of applying..(we never had interview:D) My fiancee visa expires on sept.1, 2006.. what paperworks should we do next after our wedding to let the Philippines know that im married and had changed surname....
( do we need to apply for spousal visa?.:Erm: ...)please help meeeeeee......

Hello gretandy...im so happy for both of you :) And good to know that you never had any interview........(really wish here that they will just send my passport back with visa:cwm34::D ) About your questions just keep on reading some posts here coz they have all the answers... :xxgrinning--00xx3: You can talk to Ivor too about that matter as there on that stage!:Hellooo:

tetla
24th July 2006, 13:27
hi gretandy

the very next thing to do after your marriage is first you make an application for Limited Leave to Remain in the UK..after you get it go to the website of Philippine Embassy in London and download for an application form for ammendment of your passport as well as registration of your marriage here...

Hope this will help...

gretandy
24th July 2006, 13:47
thanks for the replies:D ...hmmmm:Erm: i know about the ammendment of the passport but im not familiar of this "limited leave to remain in the UK"...any hint where and how to get it?.....salamat po:)

ps:
i wish to know if there are some filipinas living in cardiff:D ....nasaan kayoooooo.......lol..

cheers
gretandy

moi
24th July 2006, 15:40
hi gretandy, there are filipinas around cardiff and there's also an association of the filipino community so if you're interested to be part of them, IM me and tell you more details of it.We live in Barry Island, perhaps you've visited the place.

Eljohno
24th July 2006, 18:19
thanks for the replies:D ...hmmmm:Erm: i know about the ammendment of the passport but im not familiar of this "limited leave to remain in the UK"...any hint where and how to get it?.....salamat po:)

ps:
i wish to know if there are some filipinas living in cardiff:D ....nasaan kayoooooo.......lol..

cheers
gretandy

Hi there,

after about 23 months of being in the uk you need to apply for " further leave to remain" which will cost you about £375. This is not optional...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tetla
25th July 2006, 12:25
hi gretandy

in order for you to remain here after your wedding you have to apply for Limited Leave to Remain...that visa is good for 2yrs and towards the end of your 2yrs you will then have to apply for ILR...

best wishes on ur wedding.......

gretandy
25th July 2006, 12:28
thanks guys.............:):):):):)

ivor&mel
5th August 2006, 22:28
Gretandy,

I've replied to your PM. And, for reference, the form you need to apply for FLR is FLR(M) which you can pick up from here (http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/11406/formflrm0606.pdf)

gretandy
15th August 2006, 12:14
thanks ivor&mel... just wondering how long it will be to process for FLR... i got married Aug.10 2006 and my fiancee visa will expire on sept.1 2006 will we have enough time before the expiry date of my visa ? i am going to post my passport to be ammended tomorrow ... hoping to see some replies here... thanks

gretandy

tetla
15th August 2006, 13:39
FLR will be processed from 4-8 weeks. It depends sometimes with the volume of applications they're dealing. No worries as long as you have it posted to the Home office before it expires then your stay here is legal.

gretandy
16th August 2006, 18:45
thats good to know im a bit relieved now hehehe.... although i know the amendment of my passport wont be long ill still hope that we can make it before the end of month ill keep my fingers cross......

thanks for the reply:)take care

Dayko2006
17th August 2006, 03:18
Hello Ivor, it's Ann n Day here, have been reading your advice..but What is this i see in Immigration and Nationality Directorate (more headaches)
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/applying/applicationforms/
Certificate of Approval for Marriage (COA) application form and with a £135.00 fee
to marry your fiancee here in UK? ohand when she gets her settlement visa is it to be a ONE-way ticket for her? Salamat my friend :)

ppron747
18th August 2006, 10:49
A Certificate of Approval is only necessary for people who did not arrive in UK on a fiancee visa - eg people who are students, working holidaymakers, etc, who meet someone in UK and decide to marry.
And yes, a one-way ticket is fine - the point of the settlement visa is that you intend to settle - you don't need to show you're going to leave by buying a return ticket...

Dayko2006
20th August 2006, 00:19
A Certificate of Approval is only necessary for people who did not arrive in UK on a fiancee visa - eg people who are students, working holidaymakers, etc, who meet someone in UK and decide to marry.
And yes, a one-way ticket is fine - the point of the settlement visa is that you intend to settle - you don't need to show you're going to leave by buying a return ticket...
Thank You ppron Nice hearing from you... thats another small glitch out of the way.... next will come the FLR and later the ILR both expensive