PDA

View Full Version : successful fiancee visa!:)

Byang
23rd July 2006, 04:47
hello everyone,

I want to share my experience especially to those fiancée visa applicants. I owe something to this forum for our success and am sure this will help others as well.

Fred and I first met online through Yahoo Chat last Oct 2005. He, then, visited me after 4 months. Before that, we were already contemplating on applying for a visa coz we were truly and madly in love, we could feel a great future if we’re together. We prepared enough despite the fact that our relationship was only 7 months by the time we applied (May 26). After 1 month and a week, ukvacs scheduled me for an 8:00am interview on July 19.

Here’s the list of docs we submitted:

IDENTIFICATION:
Passport, NBI Clearance, NSO-SECPA Birth Certificate
Sponsor’s Birth Certificate
Full copy of sponsor’s passport, personal details and Phil. Immigration stamp in full color
Scanned copy of sponsor’s driver’s license

EVIDENCE OF ACCOMMODATION:
Deed of Property
Property Details (highlighted our sole use of the room)
Mortgage Statements: Year 2005 and Year 2004
Letter of No Objection from the joint owner

EVIDENCE OF FINANCIAL CAPACITY:
Payslips: Nov 2005 – Apr 2006 (included a scanned copy for May)
P60 end of Year Certificate, 2005 - 06 and 2004 – 05
Letter of Employment ,Copy of Full Contract Details, Calling cards
Bank Statements from Nov 2005 – Apr 2006
Letter of Claim Payment for the policy surrendered
Norwich Union Surrender Value Illustration
Transaction Details: E-Savings Account

EVIDENCE OF RELATIONSHIP:
Letter of Support from the Sponsor
Provisional Booking for the Wedding
Provisional Booking for Wedding Lunch
E-mail Transcripts
Chat Logs: Oct 2005 – May 2006
SMS Log of Gary
Screenshots of Chat Sessions
MoneyGram Receipts
Flower Receipts
Telephone Bills

EVIDENCE OF MEETING:
Boarding Passes and E-tickets, Hotel and Restaurant Receipts, Photos
Letters, Postcard, Used Phone Cards, Used Call and Text Cards

OTHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENT:
Birth Certificates of Sponsor’s Dependants

-------- Lastly, I gave these additional docs during the day of interview:

Scanned/internet copies of bank statements, payslips, chat logs and screenshots of our chat for june-july. I also included an email from his kids that will show they accept me as their step-mum.

MY ADVICE/TIPS:

The day before your interview, take time to get to know where the embassy is. Study the area around it. Being a Davaoeno, I didn’t know that it’s not permitted to just stay anywhere. It’s in a financial/business district so every stranger is considered a “threat”.
Before you go to interview, relax your mind and body with a long soak in the tub (if possible). It eases the tensions you have. Be comfy, wear something semi-casual.. that is a blouse and slacks/skirt. I arrived there at 7.30, I wasn’t allowed to hang around and the guard instructed me to go back at 7.50 and go somewhere. I think it was Mini-Stop (at the back of the building) where you can wait and eat something. Btw, guards don’t pity you even if it’s drizzling outside. You can’t go to the shed (outside the exit area) of the underpass and wait there. A guard will tell not to hang around , they are suspicious of just anyone. A police guy will go up with you to the 15th floor.

Opt to be interviewed in English. It’s a big plus. A lot of applicants want to have an interpreter though they understand the language well. Be confident and consistent with your answers. Some questions may be repeated in a different manner. You may be distracted with the look of the eco but please maintain eye contact. I found out they wear very casual clothes. Well I was expecting they would wear a suit so I was surprised but then I felt comfortable right from the start. There are only 4 interview rooms, don’t chat too much with the others while you wait coz eco just call up your name anytime. Between you and the eco is a glass, don’t be afraid to say if you can’t hear it well coz he/she will adjust the volume for you. Also, don’t be afraid to ask the eco to repeat the question if it’s not clear to you.

Some questions that were asked from me:
Why do you want to go to UK?
When and where did you first meet and in person
When and where will the marriage take place
About his kids: their names and ages, where do they live, how often does he see and spend time with them?
What does he do, what do I do..
When is his birthday
If I have seen the kids or not.

The eco will be taking notes on the computer, typing as you speak and sometimes ask another question while he/she types your answer. So be very attentive and stay focus even if he doesn’t look at you.

When you are told to wait outside, do so with much patience. Some were given a definite time to go back and some were not. In my case, I was waiting for like forever there. I figured out, they normally discuss your application inside once you are done with the interview process. It’s like the eco or/and assistants will hold conference inside whether you are entitled for an entry to UK or not. There are hidden cameras in the embassy. Behave yourself even if you are waiting for long. I felt like they monitor everything once you are inside...your look, facial expressions, gestures and behaviour count during and after the interview. Think of it as if the interview doesn’t end there. A lot of applicants there were impatient on the results.

There were many refusals that day, mostly family/visit visa. I guessed I was the only one for fiancée visa So, I was lucky somehow that mine was different and the long wait was all worth it.. they gave me the visa. You’ll know you are denied if there’s a white paper (refusal letter, appeal form) along with your passport and it will be read and on how to appeal will explained for you.

I hope this helps a lot. More power to the forum!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

scotsfiancee
23rd July 2006, 08:28
Thanks alot Byang, it helps alot!

There's one thing that questioned me about this
We had already talk about this to my fiance and agree some dates,register office were the wedding take place and the reception too. Do the ukvacs and eco will look for a piece of paper that stated where and when? and is it more good if he will just write it in the supporting letter?
Okay i just know now that i had to get NBI clearance, i will have do that this week then..
Hope to hear from you,

Byang
23rd July 2006, 09:13
Yes. Although it is not stated in the checklist, they want to see some piece of evidence that you have actually booked a wedding date, place and the reception. they can see the details and contact numbers in the booking forms. This will somehow "assure" them that the wedding will materialize in good time (within 6 months). Your fiance may write that in his leter of support.

You are not obliged to include NBI certificate, I just added it for my identification. :)

KeithD
23rd July 2006, 09:25
JONATHAN - PRINT THIS NOW!!!!

Thanks for that, I'll make it sticky :yikes:

....and I'm sure everyone will give you some REP :)

scotsfiancee
23rd July 2006, 09:33
Okay thanks for that info byang, you know that UK's registers office wont allow any bookings for wedding, as both of you should be present.So we will have to use our imagination as what ivor says:xxgrinning--00xx3: ...:) so where are you going to leave Pi? u going to do one stop?

Eljohno
23rd July 2006, 09:47
Byang,

thanks for taking the time to give so much information to those who are yet to go through the visa process. It will be a great help....

frednbyang
23rd July 2006, 10:20
Okay thanks for that info byang, you know that UK's registers office wont allow any bookings for wedding, as both of you should be present.So we will have to use our imagination as what ivor says:xxgrinning--00xx3: ...:) so where are you going to leave Pi? u going to do one stop?

It is possible to make a provisional booking to secure the date, then you receive a magic piece of paper for your application, of course you both need to attend to make official booking. I felt a bit bad booking dates for wedding and reception without knowing we would get the visa and now we will have to change them because there isn't enough time to give notice.- Although we made damn sure it was mathematically possible on interview day, if not I would have changed it already.

ervenescence
23rd July 2006, 10:22
Nice one Byang, its a good guides to those who are in the level of sorting the visas. They can gather more ideas of whats the relevant documents to bring and whats the interviews like, the do's and don'ts during the interviews.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

scotsfiancee
23rd July 2006, 10:26
HI mates,
I have question to all of you, i do schooling ( taking up IT,graduating next year of march but ready to stop if i have my visa) .....so im just confused what would be the best answer i would have to say if the embassy will ask me WHAT DO I DO? do i have to say i do school cause maybe its a hindrance for them.... any advice please?:bigcry:

scotsfiancee
23rd July 2006, 10:32
It is possible to make a provisional booking to secure the date, then you receive a magic piece of paper for your application, of course you both need to attend to make official booking. I felt a bit bad booking dates for wedding and reception without knowing we would get the visa and now we will have to change them because there isn't enough time to give notice.- Although we made damn sure it was mathematically possible on interview day, if not I would have changed it already.

Okay i told him to get a provisional booking for wedding if he could do that to there register office and for the reception too in the hotel, sometime(November 24, 2006) is it a good date?:D ..i hope he will get it this week he wont be home till thursday:NoNo:

Byang
23rd July 2006, 15:23
A big thanks to everyone!!!:) I am happy to share all of these. It feels good to help others. :) I will be leaving my home on the 4th of August and am ready to start a new life there.... am all excited to be with my baby very soon!!! He booked me a flight with KLM via Mla-Ams-Nwi. :BouncyHappy:

Scosfiancee, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to that. It depends on you and your partner's circumstance really. Just say whatever you feel is best. They only want to find out if you are consistent with your answers or not.

andypaul
23rd July 2006, 16:00
Brillant post with lots of useful info for those going to apply. Have a great flight and wish you much hapiness in the UK.

IMONNA
24th July 2006, 06:28
HI mates,
I have question to all of you, i do schooling ( taking up IT,graduating next year of march but ready to stop if i have my visa) .....so im just confused what would be the best answer i would have to say if the embassy will ask me WHAT DO I DO? do i have to say i do school cause maybe its a hindrance for them.... any advice please?:bigcry:

:NoNo:You know it isn't right if you lie. Just be honest and tell them that you are still studying. Its not a crime to study you know. The purpose of the interview is to determine if you really know the man you are marrying . :)
If appear to be ignorant with some aspect of his life then...:bigcry:they won't give you the visa. Some people have arrange marriages and I think the emmbassy is aware of this.

scotsfiancee
24th July 2006, 07:18
:NoNo:You know it isn't right if you lie. Just be honest and tell them that you are still studying. Its not a crime to study you know. The purpose of the interview is to determine if you really know the man you are marrying . :)
If appear to be ignorant with some aspect of his life then...:bigcry:they won't give you the visa. Some people have arrange marriages and I think the emmbassy is aware of this.

Well okay, i would have to tell them for sure!:) Thanks Imonna and Byang its clear for me now......:Wave: :appl:

Tokwifi
27th July 2006, 10:09
Hello All,

I am newbie in this group and i am desperately seeking advise/help/tips on how i'll appeal to the eco's decision. I just got the decision today and I am so, so devastated because they refused my application for a fiancee visa. I can literally feel my heart squeeze the life out of me... huhuhu...:bigcry: I dont even know where to start! huhuhu.. ok, ok.. here's my story..

Louis and I met christmas vacation year 2002 and we became a couple the following year. Unfortunately, on that same year i moved to manila for my work (i am originally residing here in Baguio, him in the province). Because of the distance and the nature of our work, we didnt have much time for each other until he went to UK last Oct. 2003. Last Jan 2004, we renewed our relationship (maybe bec now, we are more mature and have a deeper perspective about life). We have been together since even if our relationship is mostly based on emails, text messages, and calls. We are so in love we decided to get married. Since getting married in our hometown in the traditional way would require lots and lots of money, and he's not yet ready to go home, we decided that i should visit him in UK. During that time, we dont have enough evidence yet to support our relationship so i applied for a tourist visa and it was eventually approved. I flew to london last november and came back here in the Phil last april. We then gathered all necessary documents and proof of our relationship including letters, email, pics, phone bills and submitted it last june 22. It was only after i submitted my documents that i discovered this forum.. If i could have discovered it earlier, the tips and advises you all posted should have been a great help and would make me feel more assured.. i should have included ALL the letters and pics that we have. What i did was just send some samples of our letters and emails. For our pics , we dont have any before he went to london so most of the pics we sent were those taken during my visit.

Now, after waiting for a month and getting ulcer due to worry and anticipation, my application was refused. They did say that i have the right to appeal but still, each day that pass that im not with louis is like a piece of me being torn apart.. I am still gaining strength to let louis know about the result and Im sure he will be as devastated as me.. I will be posting what the eco stated below so you could share your thoughts and help me understand what he meant and what else do we need to do. I considered getting legal advise about this but your advises would greatly be appreciated..

Here's the decision:
=========================

I have carefully considered your application on the basis of your passport, application form and the papers you have provided. you have declared that the information you have given is complete and true to the best of your knowledge. However, in view of information received from the Home Office, i am not satisfied that you have not failed to furnish suitable information for the purpose of deciding whether you require leave to enter the UK or, if you do, whether or on what terms leave should be given, and i am not prepared to exercise discretion in your favour. Your application is therefore refused in accordance with paragraph 320 (8) of the immigration rules. Your application has not been considered under any other provision of the immigration rules.

In reaching this decision to refuse your application I have given careful consideration to your rights under article 8 of the european convention on human rights. However, i am satisfied that although there may be a perceived interference with your right to family life under article 8 such intereference is justified in the interests of maintaining an effective immigration control, and is proportionate to that aim and does not therefore breach your convention rights. I am also aware of the fact that there is nothing in english law that prohibits the sponsor from travelling to the philippines and enjoying family life with you in this country.

=====================================

So what does the eco meant? That we did not provide enough proof of our relationship? What did he meant that i did not "furnish suitable information for the purpose of deciding whether you require leave to enter the UK or, if you do, whether or on what terms leave should be given" ? Are we suppose to state the term s of the leave to remain? I understand louis can come here in the phil, but he works there now, and isnt it that we also have the right to live together as a family? I am totally lost. Please let me know your thoughts... Thanks...

Yours,

tokwifi

KeithD
27th July 2006, 11:49
is justified in the interests of maintaining an effective immigration control
:icon_lol: That has to be the most sarcastic goverment comment yet :NoNo:

Did you include a lovely cover note stating you'd already been and RETURNED (unlike some!!), and waffled on for about 3 pages? And one from your fella as well?

Not sure if the main advice these days is to REAPPLY or APPEAL...someone else can tell you that (doesn't it mention it earlier in this thread?).

Tokwifi
28th July 2006, 07:55
No, i did not include any note of that sort. What we did was to include a letter from my fiance stating that he does intend to marry me and would support me during my stay in UK. I never thought of including a letter from myself coz i assumed that they can see that in my passport. Shucks, im learning my lesson now that it is very dangerous to assume when it comes to the British embassy... We decided to appeal and this time include ALL evidence of our relationship (including a shoebox full of used calling cards louis collected the past years..)

KeithD
28th July 2006, 09:12
Your fiance needs to supply a 2/3 page cover note as well, including what you said, but also going into why he loves you, what he enjoys, plans for the future, etc. Does it help? Who knows, maybe they don't read half of them, but always best to supply what you think they need, then some more.

I will say it seems a little hard faced of them to refuse you on the basis you have told us, unless you missed something out.

scotsfiancee
28th July 2006, 13:21
Hello
I have my application form here,i just want to ask how many photos do they want? and do i have to paste my photo at the first page of the application Form?
Hope to hear any of your advise.Thanks

Byang
29th July 2006, 02:48
hi!

just have one photo and paste it on the first page. don't staple any of your docs coz they don't like it.... I used big coloured paper clips to segregate related docs.

scotsfiancee
29th July 2006, 07:47
Okay Byang, i called the UKVACS this morning, and they instructed me what to do with my application. This coming monday i will get the 2 managers check then after i will calll 2GO to pick up my applications....I manage them to put in 1 long brown enveloped..Thanks again

Tokwifi
31st July 2006, 05:43
Hello Keith,

Thanks for the advise. We could have felt better if the eco specified what i missed out.. but he did not do so. By the way, im sorry i posted this in the wrong forum... ive been browsing on the other topics and im getting ideas on what we'll do next. thanks again.

Mrs Daddy
11th August 2006, 05:29
hi byang,
do you have any info about spousal visa?need help pls...
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

scotsfiancee
11th August 2006, 05:31
Byang is applying for fiancee visa .as what you read in the first posts thats actually you have to do... Visit Petes Site (http://www.british-filipino.com)....it gives you alot of infos

KeithD
11th August 2006, 09:24
hi byang,
do you have any info about spousal visa?need help pls...
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

:Brick: :bigcry:

Mrs Daddy
14th August 2006, 08:58
hi ppl,
i have this concern.i have applied for a visitor`s visa before because my husband to be told me to do so but i was denied so he suggested to visit me here in phily!so the problem goes like this.we plan to get married by october and after that we plan to apply for a spousal visa.i have my record already at the british embassy manila.is there any problem for me applying for spousal visa when got record for visit visa before?.

razitun
27th August 2006, 21:52
wow...
thx alot for updating about this. bcoz this is very useful information for new commers........

joebloggs
3rd October 2006, 13:47
hello, newbie here, when we applied for a visa, oh back in 1st week of feb hmm, 2003 i think, we was told it would be 2 wks, 2 weeks passed, then 4, and 6, 8 wks passed, my wife had phone the embassy, only to be told they were waiting for police reports, i had also started emailing the embassy, only to find the person who emailed me had gone on holiday, or never replied, or a new person would reply, me being laid back put up with this til over 2 months had passed, i went on the web site, and emailed every manager or head of all the different departments, complaining, was there anybody who would answer me, and what is the problem, why dont you just reject the application so i can go and appeal, well i got a forwarded email from a manger at the embassy, who forwarded to someone else, saying it looked liked i was having a hard time, and could they sort it, my wife, with in a few hours got a call to go and pick up their passports, 2 months , wasted, wondering what the hell was going on.... !!! hope no one else goes thru that.. just shows you complain if you feel you getting no where... good luck !!

Ann07
5th October 2006, 15:22
Hi guys,

Im just new to this.Like you guys i aldo applied for fiance visa last month.Im still waiting fot the feedbacks.

Yes you are all right just be honest.

Ann

Ann07
5th October 2006, 15:28
Hi Byang

Im ann still waiting for my fiance visa.I is so intersting that your flight was similar flight that my fiancee took during his visit.And hopefaully same with mine.It seems that we are close.

Take care and goodluck to you.
ann

A big thanks to everyone!!!:) I am happy to share all of these. It feels good to help others. :) I will be leaving my home on the 4th of August and am ready to start a new life there.... am all excited to be with my baby very soon!!! He booked me a flight with KLM via Mla-Ams-Nwi. :BouncyHappy:

Scosfiancee, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to that. It depends on you and your partner's circumstance really. Just say whatever you feel is best. They only want to find out if you are consistent with your answers or not.

Ann07
6th October 2006, 14:12
Hi there,

Im Ann.I have same experience as Byang had.As for me I lodge my application last week.Just today i got my fiance visa.No interview so i was so surprised.Then the time frame so small.Thanks to God.

Just provide all the credential needed plus other credentials which you think is of great help.These are the things i submiited.

1.My passport,birth certificate,baptismal,nbi,tor,board certificate,diploma,my masteral certificate,sss id, prc id,my employers certificate and recommendation letters,cfo certificate, CENOMAR certificate.

2. My fiancee's birth certificate,passport,bank statements 6 months prior to the application,payslip from his work evidence that he has a work,house mortgage,leeter of support.

3.Others are......our legal capacity from the embassy ( because we are suppose to get married here but we change our plan) copies of emails and chat.

I was not interviewed.They just send my visa.
Right now Im planning to fly within this month.

Thanks to God.
Hope this will help those who are processing their papers.

Ann

hello everyone,

I want to share my experience especially to those fiancée visa applicants. I owe something to this forum for our success and am sure this will help others as well.

Fred and I first met online through Yahoo Chat last Oct 2005. He, then, visited me after 4 months. Before that, we were already contemplating on applying for a visa coz we were truly and madly in love, we could feel a great future if we’re together. We prepared enough despite the fact that our relationship was only 7 months by the time we applied (May 26). After 1 month and a week, ukvacs scheduled me for an 8:00am interview on July 19.

IDENTIFICATION:
Full copy of sponsor’s passport, personal details and Phil. Immigration stamp in full color

Deed of Property

E-mail Transcripts
SMS Log of Gary
MoneyGram Receipts
Flower Receipts
Telephone Bills

EVIDENCE OF MEETING:

Scanned/internet copies of bank statements, payslips, chat logs and screenshots of our chat for june-july. I also included an email from his kids that will show they accept me as their step-mum.

MY ADVICE/TIPS:

The day before your interview, take time to get to know where the embassy is. Study the area around it. Being a Davaoeno, I didn’t know that it’s not permitted to just stay anywhere. It’s in a financial/business district so every stranger is considered a “threat”.
Before you go to interview, relax your mind and body with a long soak in the tub (if possible). It eases the tensions you have. Be comfy, wear something semi-casual.. that is a blouse and slacks/skirt. I arrived there at 7.30, I wasn’t allowed to hang around and the guard instructed me to go back at 7.50 and go somewhere. I think it was Mini-Stop (at the back of the building) where you can wait and eat something. Btw, guards don’t pity you even if it’s drizzling outside. You can’t go to the shed (outside the exit area) of the underpass and wait there. A guard will tell not to hang around , they are suspicious of just anyone. A police guy will go up with you to the 15th floor.

Opt to be interviewed in English. It’s a big plus. A lot of applicants want to have an interpreter though they understand the language well. Be confident and consistent with your answers. Some questions may be repeated in a different manner. You may be distracted with the look of the eco but please maintain eye contact. I found out they wear very casual clothes. Well I was expecting they would wear a suit so I was surprised but then I felt comfortable right from the start. There are only 4 interview rooms, don’t chat too much with the others while you wait coz eco just call up your name anytime. Between you and the eco is a glass, don’t be afraid to say if you can’t hear it well coz he/she will adjust the volume for you. Also, don’t be afraid to ask the eco to repeat the question if it’s not clear to you.

About his kids: their names and ages, where do they live, how often does he see and spend time with them?
When is his birthday

The eco will be taking notes on the computer, typing as you speak and sometimes ask another question while he/she types your answer. So be very attentive and stay focus even if he doesn’t look at you.

When you are told to wait outside, do so with much patience. Some were given a definite time to go back and some were not. In my case, I was waiting for like forever there. I figured out, they normally discuss your application inside once you are done with the interview process. It’s like the eco or/and assistants will hold conference inside whether you are entitled for an entry to UK or not. There are hidden cameras in the embassy. Behave yourself even if you are waiting for long. I felt like they monitor everything once you are inside...your look, facial expressions, gestures and behaviour count during and after the interview. Think of it as if the interview doesn’t end there. A lot of applicants there were impatient on the results.

There were many refusals that day, mostly family/visit visa. I guessed I was the only one for fiancée visa So, I was lucky somehow that mine was different and the long wait was all worth it.. they gave me the visa. You’ll know you are denied if there’s a white paper (refusal letter, appeal form) along with your passport and it will be read and on how to appeal will explained for you.

Ann07
6th October 2006, 15:44
Hi there i forgot to add the pictures of me and my fiancee during his visit.

Take care guys,
ann

Hi there,

Im Ann.I have same experience as Byang had.As for me I lodge my application last week.Just today i got my fiance visa.No interview so i was so surprised.Then the time frame so small.Thanks to God.

Just provide all the credential needed plus other credentials which you think is of great help.These are the things i submiited.

1.My passport,birth certificate,baptismal,nbi,tor,board certificate,diploma,my masteral certificate,sss id, prc id,my employers certificate and recommendation letters,cfo certificate, CENOMAR certificate.

2. My fiancee's birth certificate,passport,bank statements 6 months prior to the application,payslip from his work evidence that he has a work,house mortgage,leeter of support.

3.Others are......our legal capacity from the embassy ( because we are suppose to get married here but we change our plan) copies of emails and chat.

I was not interviewed.They just send my visa.
Right now Im planning to fly within this month.

Thanks to God.
Hope this will help those who are processing their papers.

Ann

IainBusby
7th October 2006, 12:10
Great news Ann, congratulations to both you and your fiancee. Where will you be coming to live in the U.K.? We live in Coventry and my wife Louella would like to find Filipina friends in our area!!!

Ann07
8th October 2006, 13:40
Hi IainBusby

Thank you.
No fix date yet but plan to have it before the end of the month.
That would be nice.I like to meet other pinays also.
I dont know your place:BouncyHappy:

I will take klm flight Manila to Amsterdam then Newcastle close to my fiancee's place.

He is form Berwick Upon Tweed town.I dont know if that is close to your place.

Hope to meet you guys.
Take care always.

Ann

Great news Ann, congratulations to both you and your fiancee. Where will you be coming to live in the U.K.? We live in Coventry and my wife Louella would like to find Filipina friends in our area!!!

Chrisirene
21st October 2006, 20:29
Hi Byang,
Thanks alot for your info…It helps a lot REALLY!!!!

But I have this concern Im a newbie here, …. I have applied for a visitor’s visa before because my bf would like me to visit in his place first if I do like it or not…but I was denied…so we both agree that we get the fiancée visa then…so the problem is!!!!.. I have my record already in the British Embassy Manila. So u think is there any problem for me applying for fiancée visa when I got record for visit visa before?

scotsfiancee
21st October 2006, 22:07
Well you just have to prove it that you have a genuine relationship. Keep reading in PETE's SITE (http://www.british-filipino.com) and also here in forum.

Goodluck!

Chrisirene
22nd October 2006, 06:32
Hi Byang,
Thanks alot for your info…It helps a lot REALLY!!!!

But I have this concern Im a newbie here, …. I have applied for a visitor’s visa before because my bf would like me to visit in his place first if I do like it or not…but I was denied…so we both agree that we get the fiancée visa then…so the problem is!!!!.. I have my record already in the British Embassy Manila. So u think is there any problem for me applying for fiancée visa when I got record for visit visa before?

Chrisirene
22nd October 2006, 07:34
yeah....youre rigth...thanks

gWaPito
4th July 2007, 03:48
hello everyone,

IDENTIFICATION:

Deed of Property

E-mail Transcripts
SMS Log of Gary
MoneyGram Receipts
Flower Receipts
Telephone Bills

EVIDENCE OF MEETING:

MY ADVICE/TIPS:

When is his birthday

hi, and it's really that simply. just doing what they ask Regards Mark

allyn
1st August 2007, 17:15
hi pepz...
im going to apply for spouse visa...
and im so nervous
my husband provided me with some documents and i gather some of mine needed...
we followed all the guyz advice about the requirements...
but im still nervous...
my husband provided me with one month of his payslip and bank statements...
because he is just new on his job...
and as for me i dont have any job...
i hope some one out there can give me some advice to lessen my worries,,,
thankz pepz...

5olidsnake
1st August 2007, 17:29
my husband provided me with one month of his payslip and bank statements...

you need to provide 6 months of his payslips and bank statements

has he not got any from his previous job (if not i would wait and get a few more or word why you are not supplying 6 months payslips in his support letter)

the other members know more than me, they will give you good advice

regards martin

KeithD
1st August 2007, 17:39
Start a new THREAD

aug06_2006
2nd August 2007, 11:38
congrats ann for both of u!

adam&chryss
26th September 2007, 18:36
hi byang, my boyfriend and i r planning to get married soon.. so i can be in Uk with him so as my son too. but we want to know what will be the right thing to do.. get married here in philippines or in UK.. we met online through a common friend last year sept. 2006.. we became online friends, through constant communication (chat and phonecalls), we became closer and now we love each other. we met in person just this month sept. 2007 and he will come back on february 2008. seems what u did is easy, though i still have some questions.. is it ok if u give me ur email address or contact details???
or to anyone who experienced the same thing can answer me...
thanks hoping for immediate responce

best regards,
adam&chryss

jencha8569
12th April 2008, 17:47
hello everyone,

IDENTIFICATION:

Deed of Property

E-mail Transcripts
SMS Log of Gary
MoneyGram Receipts
Flower Receipts
Telephone Bills

EVIDENCE OF MEETING:

MY ADVICE/TIPS:

When is his birthday

hi byang,

your article really help alot all the needed infos are there. you are great..hehe
by the way congrats of having granted a visa..i myself is planning to get visa but sorting first whats best fiance or spouse?
most of the one i read in here are more on fiancee visa i just want to know same data as you post on here from identification up to evidence of meeting for spouse visa to see what we can do bout it.

hope i get answers i will really appreciate it..

best wishes
God Bless us all

asiaticgirl
29th April 2008, 06:03
Hi byang,I'am new in this site,I read your msgs so interesting i save it.thanks very much..I was applied visitor visa may2007 but the eco not satisfied of my documents.. so sad talaga...So we decided to get married here in philippines march 2008 then apply for settlement visa...i went to manila april2008 to submit all my documents...I bring all my documents and suddenly they dont accept lots of documents so what i did is i spend time sorting out my papers..after that i went back to counter one and have it finalize my doc..working days is 2-3 months... So now I'm waiting the feedback of echo .. for interview..I hope my visa is ok...Settlement visa very expensive...it keeps changing..up and down... By the way... Is anyone who applied settlement visa last year or this year?Yong successful..I wanna know the questions of the entry clearance officer...i have no idea.Kindly share it to me pls...waiting your reply...hope you can read my post...i need more info...thanks and have a great day.. to all

asiaticgirl
29th April 2008, 06:13
Hi ann congrats..both of you...nice you dont have interview...your lucky girl huh!

Terry77
8th May 2008, 12:33
Hi Bayang & others
very good post with lots of info, i have read and am looking forward to my marrage to Jizel hopefully this year in September,

my problem is should we marry in UK or Philippines ?, we met last September online and i have been over to be with her twice December and March this year also going back in September, we have talked together and with her parents about gotting married and we all want this very much, the problem is she lives 100 kilomiters into the forrest and does not even have a passport yet,

if anybody reading this can advise the best way to start and the lenth of time this prosess can take i would love to hear, this is somthing we both want very much and we talk every day and because im so far away she ends up crying when we finnish conversation which upsets me.
i have told her we will marry this year but now know this may not be possible and dont want her to dispair also on my last visit her office extended her leave then while on leave canciled it and put her AWOL so now she works with mum but cant get online anymore which is a shame as she could also join this site.

what i realy need to know is how long all this process can take so i can reasure her all will be OK thanks for a good site Filipino UK

regards Terry77

kimmi
8th May 2008, 12:35
hi Terry,
welcome to the forum..but it will be better if u start a new thread so our friends here can answer u properly..:)

amyburple
11th June 2008, 18:29
Congrastulation!!! God bless you

misscarie
11th June 2008, 18:37
Congrastulation!!! God bless you

hello amyburple , how are you? have u submitted your application already?im just wondering if you do. btw,its been along time that i didnt see you here. I am waiting now for the result of my visa. Goodluck :Hellooo:

CyRob
20th June 2008, 11:01
Hello Everyone..

This is our first time posting here and I am so happy that mostly member of this forum wants to help and give some advices with regards to UK visa.

Well.. I would ask some questions..

1. How do i know if denied or not in the interview?
2. How many possible months can i get the UK visa?

KeithD
20th June 2008, 11:12
Start a new thread please.

amyburple
27th August 2008, 06:48
WOW This is what I'm looking FOR......I Will print it now....
Do I need to Apply ONLINE for the APpLICATION?

Ana_may365
27th August 2008, 13:09
i experienced like that b4.coz our plan is to get married here in uk if the british embassy in manila approve my TOURIST visa here.they denied my applications coz my money in my bank accounts is not 6 months yet[hubby put 100,000 p].
coz were very desperate at that time we go to thailand for a months and we make another plans.he fetch all my papers works in uk to submit it in regisrtry office here and then when he cameback in phils we get married.we pass all our papers in british embassy, no interview and thats it they give me my spouse visa.now happilly live with my hubby here!

Pugilist
9th February 2009, 22:16
Tokwifi
Its cruel i know but the ECO must be satisfied that all the documentation is in place, including photographs of your relationship, flight tickets, hotel bills etc.
In hindsight it would have been wise to have applied for a fiance visa before applying for a tourist visa. This would have given you time to (3 months or more) to get together all the documentation from your sponsor (bank statements etc)
This must be fool proof any doubts then its a refusal or interview to check the fiance / sponsor details etc with lots of questions.
Your Sponsor can appeal in the UK, if he does then you cannot appeal in the Phillipines and vice versa.
It will take 3 or 4 months, if your lucky to you may get your decision overturned.
You could always ask your sponsor to marry you in the Philippines, he would then return to the UK while you process a "Married visa for the UK" but again no garantee you would be granted that either.
Good Luck

Pugilist