PDA

View Full Version : Threads Read Change

KeithD
8th August 2008, 09:18
In the past you had 30 minutes to be inactive, and then you would be logged out, and all posts marker as read. Now you will still be logged out after 30 minutes (security), but unread posts will still be marked as unread when you log back in. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

This functions records for 30 days, after that unread posts will be marked as read. :)

On your first visit with this new function, New Posts will include a long list while the database sets itself for your account.

DaveUK
8th August 2008, 09:28
Glad you gave us an explanation! I just logged on and thought I'd missed something big when I saw how many results I had!

Guess I better put my phone on to voicemail and my out of office message on and hope no-one notices me at my desk so I can get through these now! :-)

keithAngel
8th August 2008, 13:18
There seems to be another change as well

If I replied to a post it would be marked read and go to the top of the list now it doesn't:Erm:

KeithD
8th August 2008, 13:23
That's because you've read it!! :Erm:

keithAngel
8th August 2008, 16:28
thats true the downside is if i read a post and ten minuits or an hour later i think/have reasearched and want to add a reply i can only find it if i remember who posted and search their posts or is there an easier way?

KeithD
8th August 2008, 17:31
Click Today's Posts as I've done for years!!

Mrs Daddy
8th August 2008, 17:54
is it good or bad boss keith:D

keithAngel
8th August 2008, 18:39
ah yes under quick links gotit:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
8th August 2008, 18:48
is it good or bad boss keith:D

Depends on intelligence.....and as you're a woman......:rolleyes:

Mrs Daddy
8th August 2008, 18:56
Depends on intelligence.....and as you're a woman......:rolleyes:

and that means:furious3::cwm23::bigcry:

keithAngel
8th August 2008, 19:38
and that means:furious3::cwm23::bigcry:

It could have been a good or a bad answer :bluegrab:

KeithD
8th August 2008, 19:41
:D

Mrs Daddy
9th August 2008, 16:02

and which one`s which:bigcry:

KeithD
9th August 2008, 16:44
No witch's here.....we burnt all of them in the 17th century :xxgrinning--00xx3:

keithAngel
9th August 2008, 16:53

Things men wished women knew

If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad and angry, we meant the other one :xxgrinning--00xx3:

A_flyer
9th August 2008, 18:58
Boss,:ARsurrender:

I'm not so satisfied with this new system; I'm a little lost.

Other strange point is that the "new posts" button give less threads than "Quick links/Today's post". For me usually 3 to 5 threads are missing between the 2 lists.

It seems that "Quick links/Today's post" work fine and not the other one.

Other point I notice: it's longer for me to get the e-mail telling me there's a new post in a thread (meaning longer that before the change).

You deliver mails with Welsh sheeps maybe :Erm: .

KeithD
9th August 2008, 19:01
It works fine :xxgrinning--00xx3: Tested by 1000's of sites before I switched it on.

The 'New Posts' to the right of the eBay, is not vB it is a plugin so will only be accurate with the counter when you first login.

Mrs.JMajor
10th August 2008, 06:54
Having hard time,and i am a woman :Erm:----:icon_lol::Cuckoo:

KeithD
10th August 2008, 09:10
Simple:
When you logout or are online for 30+ minutes, it no longer marks ALL posts as read.
Clicking NEW POSTS only list those you have not read, which is the way it should be.
Clicking TODAY'S POSTS lists all posts made today, read or not. :NoNo:

Mrs Daddy
10th August 2008, 15:38
No witch's here.....we burnt all of them in the 17th century :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:doh:NoNo:

LEAHnew
11th August 2008, 07:39
In the past you had 30 minutes to be inactive, and then you would be logged out, and all posts marker as read. Now you will still be logged out after 30 minutes (security), but unread posts will still be marked as unread when you log back in. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

This functions records for 30 days, after that unread posts will be marked as read. :)

On your first visit with this new function, New Posts will include a long list while the database sets itself for your account.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:That's great Boss, Salamat!:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:
So I can take my time reading long thread now, not worrying the unread post will marked as read:xxgrinning--00xx3:

LadyJ
11th August 2008, 10:49
Scouse Keith, why everytime I clicked 'New Posts' some of the latest posts are gone just like my posts?

KeithD
11th August 2008, 10:52
Scouse Keith, why everytime I clicked 'New Posts' some of the latest posts are gone just like my posts?
:doh Women :NoNo:

Because you have READ them!! :rolleyes: It only lists unread posts, which is what it is actually supposed to do. All other posts are in the Today's Posts list :Cuckoo:

LadyJ
11th August 2008, 10:59
:doh Women :NoNo:

Because you have READ them!! :rolleyes: It only lists unread posts, which is what it is actually supposed to do. All other posts are in the Today's Posts list :Cuckoo:

OK got it!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Can you change the forum color to pink?:D

A_flyer
11th August 2008, 11:23
Can you change the forum color to pink?:D
I prefer blue...

keithAngel
11th August 2008, 11:26
Blonde?:D