PDA

View Full Version : Football

Ady
8th August 2008, 08:44
Football is very important to me. I buy a season ticket every season for my club, Cardiff City, and one for my father. It costs about £1,000. I just told my gf what I spent on going to football games, and she is not a happy bunny. I don't smoke, I don't drink, and most of the money I have is saved for our future. Am I allowed one pleasure?

KeithD
8th August 2008, 08:48
I don't think she's upset about you spending £1000 on football, more than likely you spent it on Cardiff :icon_lol:

Ady
8th August 2008, 08:49
As the song goes "We are the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen".

14,000 people can't be wrong can they?

KeithD
8th August 2008, 08:51
Which world? :Erm: Mars, Venus.....:D

maria_and_matt
8th August 2008, 09:49
you certainly are! my husband drinks real ale goes to all the beer festivals, i let him coz i think that is the only way for him to relax, living with a filipina wife is so stressing apparently! and my son is season ticket holder for ipswich, and i love shopping!

walesrob
8th August 2008, 10:00
I don't think she's upset about you spending £1000 on football, more than likely you spent it on Cardiff :icon_lol:

Oi! Leave Cardiff alone! At least they have a new stadium, it will be the 2nd largest in Wales, after the Millennium Stadium. Its in Leckwith, not far from the current Ninian Park.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Cardiff_City_stadium

andypaul
8th August 2008, 10:02
Deal with it would be my reply. The wife was shocked on what i paid but now understands that its not so much in the grand scheme of things in the uk. Like you i dont smoke or drink and dont have any major expenses apart from that.

Ady
8th August 2008, 10:26
She hasn't lived with me when I can't make a game - then she will see it is better to let me go there and accept it. There are far worse vices. Mind you, I am a notorious hooligan.

Seriously though, I was a bit taken aback by her silent treatment. It's not as if I am taking food from her mouth to do this. Unlike her ex, who spent their rent money on cock fighting.

KeithD
8th August 2008, 10:32
....spent their rent money on cock fighting.

Ay up!!! :cwm24:

:icon_tonguew::icon_tonguew:

Ady
8th August 2008, 10:33
What odds can I get on the right hand one?

KeithD
8th August 2008, 10:36
What odds can I use my right hand?

:omg:

Geraldine
8th August 2008, 10:50
I dont mind if my husband spend his money on some silly expensive gadgets, its his money anyway and he manages his savings well so alittle treat for himself is fine. I do treat myself sometimes.

Of course if you mentioned that to your gf, she might be upset bec its alot of money and it will be better if you spend that on her hehehe.

andypaul
8th August 2008, 10:52
When you get silent treatment ie tampo do it back a man can give up chatting for days longer than any woman.

the differences between the uk and phill are bigger than many of us realise. We never seen the situation when money is tight living on sardines and rice when we are over for our visits.

Ady
8th August 2008, 11:06
That is a fair point Andy - £1000 is a lot of money here, and a small fortune there.

KeithD
8th August 2008, 11:13
Seriously though, I was a bit taken aback by her silent treatment....

Enjoy it while it lasts :icon_lol:

Ann07
8th August 2008, 11:29
its a normal rection from ur gf:D. the only pleasure my husband is getting now is his xbox360. I dont mind at all . As long as he is behaving himself:icon_lol: and doing his chores:)

IainBusby
8th August 2008, 12:31
Silly game, I think they should just give them all a ball each! :Erm:

Ann07
8th August 2008, 12:46

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

andypaul
8th August 2008, 13:06

:icon_lol:

Youw would think with all the money they get, they could afford a few more Balls.

keithAngel
8th August 2008, 13:12
its . the only pleasure my husband is getting now is his xbox360.

:omg::omg::omg:

maria_and_matt
8th August 2008, 14:44
i think if she does not like you paying all that money for a season ticket she can lump it, it is your money afterall and you deserve that if you are a football fun... go and enjoy it she will learn how to live with that just like i learnt to drive my husband back home after he's real ale festivals haha, life should be a give and take we women can't take all the time ;)

Ady
8th August 2008, 17:43
Iain, I can understand your dislike of football coming from Coventry. :D

Maria, I agree with what you say. It is my escape from work and every day stress (watching my team struggle along). Shei has her hobbies too. I am not asking anyone for money to watch my team - I skipped lunch for a few weeks to get to Wembley, that is my choice. I am not doing anything to harm the relationship.

maria_and_matt
8th August 2008, 17:51
Iain, I can understand your dislike of football coming from Coventry. :D

Maria, I agree with what you say. It is my escape from work and every day stress (watching my team struggle along). Shei has her hobbies too. I am not asking anyone for money to watch my team - I skipped lunch for a few weeks to get to Wembley, that is my choice. I am not doing anything to harm the relationship.

you go have fun ady, you deserve that, and you are right you are not doing anything to hurt your relationship, in fact i think that couples should once in a while do seperate things. so go get you season ticket!! my son and i went to watch england play usa in wembley it was brilliant!

Ady
8th August 2008, 18:08
You've been to an England game???? :Brick: :cwm23:

Wait - it was just a friendly. You can still qualify for Wales. :)

Thanks for the advice. It is a state of tampo now. Not good seeing as I am going there in 10 days.

maria_and_matt
8th August 2008, 18:14
You've been to an England game???? :Brick: :cwm23:

Wait - it was just a friendly. You can still qualify for Wales. :)

Thanks for the advice. It is a state of tampo now. Not good seeing as I am going there in 10 days.

yeah it was a friendly we took the coach from ipswich, it was such an experience. tampo won't last forever, she will get over it hahaha!

KeithD
8th August 2008, 18:50
yeah it was a friendly we took the coach from ipswich......

Did they still manage to train without him? :Erm:

maria_and_matt
8th August 2008, 19:07
Did they still manage to train without him? :Erm:

:Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Cuckoo:

andypaul
8th August 2008, 19:26
you go have fun ady, you deserve that, and you are right you are not doing anything to hurt your relationship, in fact i think that couples should once in a while do seperate things. so go get you season ticket!! my son and i went to watch england play usa in wembley it was brilliant!

good point couples need to do different things as time apart is good for both of them.
Im sure she will have an activity which will cost a grand or there abouts over the year once in the Uk.

keithAngel
8th August 2008, 19:41
good point couples need to do different things as time apart is good for both of them.
Im sure she will have an activity which will cost a grand or there abouts over the year once in the Uk.

Like monthly phone bill:rolleyes:

andypaul
8th August 2008, 20:01
Like monthly phone bill:rolleyes:

in a nutshell:D

gemini63
9th August 2008, 07:44
come on you blooooooooooooobirds...

Ady
9th August 2008, 08:39
gemini do the ayatollah!!!