PDA

View Full Version : PALAWAN ESCAPADE - Backpacking time

amyburple
7th August 2008, 18:09
This coming September 13-15 We're going to PALAWAN with my GFF's..:cwm38:
Awww excited :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:
Our Itinerary is already done! :xxgrinning--00xx3: Just do the plane booking and the hotel booking! 2-3 days escapade purely TOUR. (Underground River, Honda Bay, and City tour) awwww we are so excited :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

5olidsnake
7th August 2008, 18:52
we went to el nido right up the north

can recommend there
hotel was i think called "four seasons" 1400php a night with breakfast, clean family run place.
they can get the local boat man for 1300php for full day island hopping or 800php for a trike driver to take you out for the day to the waterfalls,hotsprings and Ille Cave (so interesting where the oldest recorded filipino bones have been found,50000 year old)

el nido has the best stunning beaches on the islands around there, better than boracay,cebu and bohol and no crowds (some may argue)

joebloggs
7th August 2008, 19:13
:D

when i went to palawan the misses took me to the butterfly farm, croc farm , the open prison and to where some americans got kidnapped by abu-saef :doh

have a great time :xxgrinning--00xx3:

amyburple
8th August 2008, 03:52

can recommend there
hotel was i think called "four seasons" 1400php a night with breakfast, clean family run place.
they can get the local boat man for 1300php for full day island hopping or 800php for a trike driver to take you out for the day to the waterfalls,hotsprings and Ille Cave (so interesting where the oldest recorded filipino bones have been found,50000 year old)

el nido has the best stunning beaches on the islands around there, better than boracay,cebu and bohol and no crowds (some may argue)

It's our first time with my friends.. :) so we will go there purely TOUR only not relaxing mode :BouncyHappy: hehehehe! We love nature! Maybe EL NIDO is next STOP with my hubby DUNCAN :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pension Puerto so far is the affordable bed and breakfast that I knew!

amyburple
8th August 2008, 03:54
:D

when i went to palawan the misses took me to the butterfly farm, croc farm , the open prison and to where some americans got kidnapped by abu-saef :doh

have a great time :xxgrinning--00xx3:

awwww visit PALAWAN next time hehehe^^,
Yea for sure we will have fun! :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:
And we are excited my first backpacking!

Ann07
8th August 2008, 11:23
This coming September 13-15 We're going to PALAWAN with my GFF's..:cwm38:
Awww excited :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:
Our Itinerary is already done! :xxgrinning--00xx3: Just do the plane booking and the hotel booking! 2-3 days escapade purely TOUR. (Underground River, Honda Bay, and City tour) awwww we are so excited :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

beautiful place been there...enjoy ur time with ur gf:)

amyburple
8th August 2008, 15:55
We are excited hehehehehehe^^ ,

scott&ligaya
8th August 2008, 16:23
Enjoy yourselves,
if you want safe small hotel with pool in Puerto Princessa then stay with my mate Paolo at the Moana hotel near the airport. he is a dive master and can arrange diving for you or a snorkling trip to snake Island in Honda Bay(fish feeding). They only have 8 or so rooms so if you are interested let me know and I will put you in touch. We have a home over Honda bay and can reccomend that you eat at least once at the Badjao seafood restuarant(not Badjao inn on Rizal) and at last once at Ka lui. :cwm12::cwm12:

scott&ligaya
11th August 2008, 16:29
forgot to mention,if you want a really secluded stunning beach then ask someone to take you to nagtabon about 25km north of PPC (Just take car of the current on out going tide). and head up to Bakers hill and visit the ostrich farm plus great bakery.

enjoy Palawan, we do

amyburple
13th August 2008, 03:43
Enjoy yourselves,
if you want safe small hotel with pool in Puerto Princessa then stay with my mate Paolo at the Moana hotel near the airport. he is a dive master and can arrange diving for you or a snorkling trip to snake Island in Honda Bay(fish feeding). They only have 8 or so rooms so if you are interested let me know and I will put you in touch. We have a home over Honda bay and can reccomend that you eat at least once at the Badjao seafood restuarant(not Badjao inn on Rizal) and at last once at Ka lui. :cwm12::cwm12:
Hi Ligaya

Thanks for these info... these days super busy surfing and searching inns and pads there. I'm trying to contact my college mate that also working there. My friends is OK with cheap INNS that's has TOUR PACKAGES too because its only TOUR its just like backpacking and they're on there BUDGET mode hehehehe ... I had some INNS and they sent there tour PACKAGES (PAL, FLUERIS HOTEL, LEGENDS, PUERTO PENSION Bed and Breakfast, Asturias Hotel) Most of there packages are bit you expensive.

It's cheaper If we will not get packages. that's why we're looking for a affordable INNS.

scott&ligaya
13th August 2008, 08:08
the hotel package tours are expensive and you may be some grumpy or just annoying fellow guests. if you have four or more people better to book your own van/driver for the day and stop where you want as long as you want (3000 pesos last time but fuel has risen). Your own banca at Honda bay costs around 1200 for up to six people for two islands and a bit more ifyou want to visit three (go to snake and Starfish islands). Our friends place is about 1300 per room per night with aircon and they do have small pool.

have a great holiday:cwm12::cwm12:

pennybarry
13th August 2008, 08:32

can recommend there

Agree with you, been to Boracay it was crowded but still enjoyed our banana boat ,:cwm12: been to Malapascua, a good place for divers and I learned Diving there which also I enjoyed,:BouncyHappy: the only problem is electricity.

amyburple
13th August 2008, 19:31
ohh oky...! There's a PACKAGE PROMO by PAL and I guess it's pretty good compare to other or I should say book it one by one its more expensive hehehe... We are finalizing what hotel it's either HOTEL FLEURIS or Pads by LEGEND HOTEL.

The tour for the honda bay is only 845 with lunch and tour for underground river is 1265 with lunch too (all are in like the entrance fee, the boat and the van for that) ... I guess it's pretty cheap comapre to other package deals?

We are not planning to include the city tour because a friend of mine said that we can go to MAKER'S HILL and MITRA RANCH with our own. that will be out first destination on our first day when we arrive there in the morning and we can go to the hot spring.

amyburple
13th August 2008, 19:36
Agree with you, been to Boracay it was crowded but still enjoyed our banana boat ,:cwm12: been to Malapascua, a good place for divers and I learned Diving there which also I enjoyed,:BouncyHappy: the only problem is electricity.
I don't like to go Boracay with my hubby because it's to crowded better if it's in PLANTACION bay or somewhere BOHOL Beaches... Boracay is good for barakada and some close friends for party^^,

Fortilocandia @ VIGAN ILOCOS is also nice...my next escapade hehehe!!! Let's tour our own ISLAND before leaving the country SOON hehehe^^,

joebloggs
13th August 2008, 20:17
Asturias Hotel

that's where i got married :xxgrinning--00xx3:

amyburple
14th August 2008, 05:42
ohhh really cool^^,

scott&ligaya
14th August 2008, 08:11
thr Fleuris and Legend are just just down from the main street whereas the Asturias is on the northern outskirts of town however is handy for setting off on your tours as you miss the traffic on the way out. Bakers Hill and Mitra as well as the crocodile farm and the butterfly haven are also to the North so maybe the Asturias could be good for you. Thay also have a good live band at the weekend:cwm12::cwm12:

Ann07
14th August 2008, 15:03
I don't like to go Boracay with my hubby because it's to crowded better if it's in PLANTACION bay or somewhere BOHOL Beaches... Boracay is good for barakada and some close friends for party^^,

Fortilocandia @ VIGAN ILOCOS is also nice...my next escapade hehehe!!! Let's tour our own ISLAND before leaving the country SOON hehehe^^,

plantation bay in cebu is very good..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

amyburple
14th August 2008, 18:22
plantation bay in cebu is very good..:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Yea....actually I didn't visit that place yet maybe this year, we will go there with my hubby^^,

amyburple
14th August 2008, 18:24
thr Fleuris and Legend are just just down from the main street whereas the Asturias is on the northern outskirts of town however is handy for setting off on your tours as you miss the traffic on the way out. Bakers Hill and Mitra as well as the crocodile farm and the butterfly haven are also to the North so maybe the Asturias could be good for you. Thay also have a good live band at the weekend:cwm12::cwm12:
We prefer city proper hehehe and FLUERIS by PAL is the best DEALS. We will go to Mitra farm and Bakers hill and go to hot spring on or first day, and my contact there said that we will hire multicab to go to that places for 300 only...

scott&ligaya
18th August 2008, 12:26
Hi Purplealien, you have a PM

Scott

amyburple
28th August 2008, 12:26
2 weeks more..and will be there^^, :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo: Counting days hehehe...:D:icon_lol::Rasp::cwm12: I thought that we will not pursue this TRIP.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Thank GOD... He provides :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ana_may365
28th August 2008, 13:37
we have a plans to visit there also,and that was 4 years ago,but i cant forget about some foreighners been kidnapped there.and i dont want to happen it to my hubby.our country has a lot of nice,lovely places but some bad people cant resist thier selfs not to do the bad things.

amyburple
28th August 2008, 14:30
we have a plans to visit there also,and that was 4 years ago,but i cant forget about some foreighners been kidnapped there.and i dont want to happen it to my hubby.our country has a lot of nice,lovely places but some bad people cant resist thier selfs not to do the bad things.
Oh yeas that was 2004 I'm not sure about,... But now of course its secure already hehehehehe. If you're watching TRIP n TRIP woth KAT de CASTRO (ABS CBN SHOW every FRIDAY night after BANDILA) They feature nice places of our COUNTRY...and PALAWAN now is already SECURE a lot of SOLDIER are garding there heheehhe and the MOST EXPENSIVE RESORT in the PHILIPPINES in in there hehehehheheh AMANPULO...goshhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm so INLOVE with that place.... But I will just go there if my hubby will win lottery LOL.......

GOD BLESS

Ana_may365
28th August 2008, 15:46
sorry Duncan & Amy,we have no tfc channel thats why i didnt know about that.if i want to watch balita or afternoon show like eat bulaga i used pinoy channeltv.
r u sure about that ha?thats its very secure now?coz if my hubby's ok to go to long haul flight we might go there at this time,last x-mas weve been to boracay and its nice & lovely also there.

amyburple
28th August 2008, 16:08
Yea I am heheheh try to read some BLOGS hehehe :D... I will inform you after our ESCAPADE there OK hehehehe :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:.

Ana_may365
28th August 2008, 16:47
ok we will wait for that,gives us some tips about nice hotel,nice foods.good luck and take care

scott&ligaya
28th August 2008, 17:02
Amypurple

I spent around 4 months of last year spread over 4 visits to our place in Palawan. It is very safe, in fact it feels removed from some of the issues in the rest of the Phils, may be because it is one hour flight away. You and your hubby would have a great time there. We may be there in February for a month and if so I will let you know if we have any new restuarants etc.

scott

amyburple
28th August 2008, 18:28
Yes SURE I will give an UPDATE to that TRIP...:xxgrinning--00xx3::BouncyHappy: 2 week MORE hehehe!:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo: We will pay the whole package this weekend with my friend...