PDA

View Full Version : Working in the UK

Mary-Jane
7th August 2008, 08:32
Hi there, I am in desperate need of some guidance.

There is a family in the UK who would like to employ me to become a carer for their child who has special needs.

I have a nursing deploma.

I really don't know what I should do in order to gain residency in the UK. The family have spoken to the Home Office who have said that I need to get a work permit, but they can't get a work permit unless they have a company, which they don't. If I get a visa I have to return after 6 months.

I would really appreciate some good solid advise on what to do, maybe a step by step guide from somebody who has been in my situation.

Please do get in touch, I am hitting brick walls!

Thanks so much.

Mary-Jane

KeithD
7th August 2008, 09:20
Please do get in touch, I am hitting brick walls!

...and you will continue to do so. It is next to impossible to get into Europe legally now, so you need to try other countries if you want out of the Phil.

LadyJ
7th August 2008, 10:08
Hi Mary-jane,

Go to this link http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=4224

Tiggers0608
19th August 2008, 19:37
good luck, but bcoz of the new law, people that wants to work in UK have to go through points system or something like that :Erm:

David House
19th August 2008, 23:35
I think it is unhelpful to suggest that there is any legitimate way that this lady will be able to enter the UK. The door has been shut for some time now and the checking systems are getting stronger and stronger. To come in as a domestic worker, unless you have already been employed overseas by the same employer for at least one year, is a total non starter. The points system ensures that only the very highest qualified are going to be admitted. Whether this will last for ever is unknown but right now our unskilled, and semi-skilled, labour needs are being supplied from the Eastern European countries. Regrettable but true. Unless you find a husband it is not going to happen!

fhara
26th August 2008, 07:12
hi mj my neighbor is a nurse also now shes applying for a student visa to uk...i dont know,. but some of her friends is already in england now...dont worry..theres another way maybe,,goodluck..

Ana_may365
26th August 2008, 13:56
dont lose ur hope,try and try until u succed.:)