PDA

View Full Version : Rotherham set to lose 17 points

Win2Win
6th August 2008, 22:00
Rotherham are set to start the 2008/09 season with a deduction of 17 points.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rotherham_utd/7543195.stm)

andypaul
6th August 2008, 23:37
Its becoming de rigur to be minus a few points in football these days

KeithD
7th August 2008, 09:22
Luton -30pts :doh

If it carries on like this we'll have a League winner with 7pts :NoNo:

What I hate about this is the players & fans get stung, and the problems aren't caused by them.

How the :censored: can you screw Luton for -30pts when the criminals that messed up the club have buggered off? :action-smiley-081:

aromulus
7th August 2008, 10:42
Realistically, the culprits should be followed and the penalties applied to whatever team they take over or manage. :rolleyes:
But that would be unfair to the other set of players and fans...:NoNo:
Or even better and fairer would be to ban them altogether from owning, even by proxy, anything that resembles a Club of any sort, even darts....
Making them personally financially responsible would ease the problem....:xxgrinning--00xx3:
If this was implemented, investors would think twice before raiding the tills....:D

David House
7th August 2008, 12:37
Better that the UK just wiped out Rotherham and made it a satellite of Sheffield. It is my least favourite place of all, for reasons which are entirely personal and not for discussion here!
Regarding football point deductions I understand the feelings of fans whose clubs are penalised through no fault of their own but what is the realistic alternative? Look at what happened at Leicester where no penalties were handed out. That is hardly fairer.

KeithD
7th August 2008, 12:45
It's a bit like buying a used car, and then finding out the previous owner killed someone with it, and you are the one that gets done for murder.