PDA

View Full Version : Basketball....

flomike
6th August 2008, 21:27
When I am still in the Phils I love watching Phil Basketball and NBA in USA. I even watching basketball live in Arenata colliseum and Cuneta astrodome I am a big fan of SanMiguel.

Since I lived here for about 5 years now (everything is about football) suddenly my interest in basketball just gone:NoNo: even everytime I go home to Phils I can't stand watching basketball anymore aside from that I don't know the players now in Phils or Fil-Am.

Sometimes I asked one of my brits workmate about basketball they have no idea about basketball at all not even a player in US.

Why only in UK basketball is unknown or unpopular but in all Europe basketball is big? Though I read on newspaper that one of the highest paid basketball player in US now is from UK Loul Deng for around $80 million contract.

joebloggs
6th August 2008, 21:48
come on Lithuania :Hellooo:

Kaunas kicked rangers out of the Champions League

and with a lot of luck Lithuania will beat the USA at basketball to take gold at the Olympics :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
6th August 2008, 23:37
We have netball and the ladies play it.

I have played and watched basketball when i grew up the local team was the best in the UK and playing agsiant the best in Europe. One of the coachs also taught in our school pe.

I have to say its ranks very low in one of the sports i would want to play just doesn't appeal. many at school even with all the local hype we had growing up were not intrested in the sport as a whole.
Must be something in the british mentality which just does not agree with it.

Although many more kids seem to take an intrest now. But at our two of the local recreation grounds near me the basketball courts or hoops are normally ignored or used for football.

KeithD
7th August 2008, 09:24
Pathetic sport, small arena, tall guys, only developed to give the Yanks what they want....high scoring games.......115-114....What the :censored: is all that about?

Get the ball...run...score....

I'd rather watch Alex Ferguson having his nose hair cut :rolleyes:

joebloggs
7th August 2008, 18:38
I'd rather watch Alex Ferguson having his nose hair cut :rolleyes:

i'd rather watch the last time liverpud won the premiership :Erm:

can't remember the year thou :doh

KeithD
7th August 2008, 19:05
I have the same problem trying to count how many Champions Leagues ManU have won...I always have change out of five fingers :Erm:

PeterB
7th August 2008, 21:04
come on Lithuania :Hellooo:

Kaunas kicked rangers out of the Champions League

Ha, that reminds me of the time I was in Kaunas. My ex-wife (British, not Filipina) was only 5ft tall, and there was a Basket Ball team staying in the hotel! I'm sure that the top of my wife's head only came up to the waist of the guy standing next to her at the breakfast buffet table.