PDA

View Full Version : Tourist Visa to USA from UK

russ01539
6th August 2008, 00:32
Help please.

Everything being equal my wife should have her ILR Visa by end Sept/Oct. We want to go the USA at Xmas for a vacation.

We thought about getting her a UK passport, but do you not have to wait a certain period of time for that ?

We have been advised to go to the Consul in Belfast cause the London embassy is much stricter.

Any advice would be very welcome. :Erm:

Sorry if this kind of question has come up b4, but i did search for old posts and had no luck. Did find a prediction from AndyPaul back in 2005 that we were heading for recession. If you know the winner of next years grand national do let me in on it - i promise to keep it secret from keith.

darren-b
6th August 2008, 06:00
You can't apply for British Citizenship until you've been in the UK for at least 3 years. If your wife is eligible she could try applying though you may not have enough time to get a passport before Christmas

My wife applied for a tourist visa at the US embassy in London last October (just after she got ILR). It was a reasonable painless process - she spent a few hours at the embassy and they sent her passport back with a 10 year tourist visa a day or so later.

russ01539
9th August 2008, 23:04
Thanks Darren.

How long did it take for her ILR to come thru ?

darren-b
10th August 2008, 06:45
I seem to remember it took about 4 or 5 weeks for her ILR to come through. Those that was almost a year ago so things may have changed since then.