PDA

View Full Version : Hello all need help

jeida
21st July 2006, 04:04
Hi let me introduce myself. Im jeida from iligan and im a newly wed to a very loving and gwapo british guy named john, we are both member here. Im just confused about this CFO thing. I already have a passport but i need to apply again to ammend it to my new surname which is my husband's surname. My question is Do i need to attend counselling in behalf of CFO before ammending my passport or i will only attend counselling if i got my visa already?:NoNo: Im just confused and i need help. Thanks for your time.

Salamat to all
Jeida

ginapeterb
21st July 2006, 07:51
Jeida
Welcome to the Forum, it does not really matter either way, but you will need your passport before you attend the counselling, so that you can be given your emigrant number, you can travel on your passport in your maiden name, and have it altered at the Philippine Embassy in London for £15.00 when you are settled in here.

Best of Luck

KeithD
21st July 2006, 08:51
Just leave it till you get here, so much easier.

Have a nice life :)

jeida
21st July 2006, 14:14
Thank you so much for your replies but i still have a follow-up question hehe if its ok. What if i want to ammend my passport before applying for visa, will the DFA look for the certificate of guidance and couselling i obtained from CFO? I really appreciate your help.

tetla
21st July 2006, 22:23
hi jeida..

why make things complicated...you can apply a visa under your maiden name and then have it ammended here in the UK....

jeida
22nd July 2006, 12:26
Ok thank you all for ur help but expect again for more questions from me if thats ok. I know at this point of my life i really need advice about applying for visa.

God bless,
jeida

ervenescence
22nd July 2006, 20:02
Thank you so much for your replies but i still have a follow-up question hehe if its ok. What if i want to ammend my passport before applying for visa, will the DFA look for the certificate of guidance and couselling i obtained from CFO? I really appreciate your help.

I think you have to get a new passport with the married status one under your husband's name before sorting the CFO. If you would like to alter your passport, all you have to do is bring your old passport and the marriage certificate to the DFA.

What I did before as I can recall;
-first, sort the passport
-then, apply for spouse visa
-and get the CFO cert. and stamp.

Goodluck Jeida :)

jeida
23rd July 2006, 10:48
Wow thank you so much ervenescence for enlightening my confused mind. As of now im still waiting for our marriage certificate from NSO (SECPA) at the same time preparing all the requirements (with the help of this site atleast i have an idea ) for the visa.

God bless you all
jeida