PDA

View Full Version : please help...

sweetiechic
5th August 2008, 10:58
hi to all, please help me, need to get a lot of info for going there in uk. i am a newly grad n nursing, not an RN yet. i would like to go to uk without any licence at all. anyone knows how could i b a student in the uk. and how about the NVQ? any1 knows what will i do first? please help.thnx a lot

Mrs Daddy
5th August 2008, 11:05
Hi there and welcome here:) have you tried the browse button here for any concern you might have...

sweetiechic
5th August 2008, 11:33
Hi there and welcome here:) have you tried the browse button here for any concern you might have...

thanx, im still browsing for th infos. thnx again

KeithD
5th August 2008, 12:01
We are no longer taking nurses from the Philippines in this country, we now have a surplus, and take on Europeans only these days.

sweetiechic
5th August 2008, 12:24
how about if i study there? enrol in NVQ?:)

winner
5th August 2008, 17:57
your have to get a sponsor from the uk very little chance of that like the boss said not takeing any nurses from Pillippines

sweetiechic
5th August 2008, 18:29
your have to get a sponsor from the uk very little chance of that like the boss said not takeing any nurses from Pillippines

so there are no other chances to go there as a student? i had a sponsor there. i want to apply there as a student in NVQ.

pennybarry
5th August 2008, 18:44
how about if i study there? enrol in NVQ?:)

There are Nurses who studying NVQ here, They said they applied thru Affinity and paid lots of money then you can work as carer:D

Why not try in New Zealand? You will also spend money but your visa will be working visa and work as Carer if you are not yet an RN.

That was the same advise I told to my 2 nieces but they are both RN and need to take CAP and pass their IELTS. After CAP, they can work in a hospital.

It's unlikely to come here and take NVQ-Caregiving course and work 20 hrs limit as Carer:NoNo:

Goodluck!

sweetiechic
6th August 2008, 10:15
There are Nurses who studying NVQ here, They said they applied thru Affinity and paid lots of money then you can work as carer:D

Why not try in New Zealand? You will also spend money but your visa will be working visa and work as Carer if you are not yet an RN.

That was the same advise I told to my 2 nieces but they are both RN and need to take CAP and pass their IELTS. After CAP, they can work in a hospital.

It's unlikely to come here and take NVQ-Caregiving course and work 20 hrs limit as Carer:NoNo:

Goodluck!

thnx for the advice. btw, what's CAP? i want in uk coz my mom s working there. so i want to be with her...:)

pennybarry
6th August 2008, 12:30
thnx for the advice. btw, what's CAP? i want in uk coz my mom s working there. so i want to be with her...:)

If your Mom is here she may sponsor you if she can afford. You can apply direct to embassy but you need to show your evidence/requirements i.e. P500 thou more in your account, your sponsor account,letter, your accom, etc. That's what my friend did.

CAP means Competency Assesment Program in New Zealand.It is 3 months program to take by qualified nurses there and it is required by NZ Nursing council.After taking that, they will assess your wages, assigned hospital etc. You can choose any NZ Nursing council accredited school. If you are RN, with at least 500 hrs work experience in hospital, and with 7.0 grade in IELTS, and show money in your account, then you are qualified and can apply direct to NZ embassy in Manila.

If you are not yet RN you can still apply, visit nz embassy website in Manila, but you can work only as Caregiver. Like UK, the wages is different from working in hospital and Carehomes. I have friend there already working in carehome and niece in hospital. they said, it's also a nice place to live:xxgrinning--00xx3:

There are some agencies but applying direct to embassy is much better.

Goodluck!

sweetiechic
6th August 2008, 12:45
If your Mom is here she may sponsor you if she can afford. You can apply direct to embassy but you need to show your evidence/requirements i.e. P500 thou more in your account, your sponsor account,letter, your accom, etc. That's what my friend did.

CAP means Competency Assesment Program in New Zealand.It is 3 months program to take by qualified nurses there and it is required by NZ Nursing council.After taking that, they will assess your wages, assigned hospital etc. You can choose any NZ Nursing council accredited school. If you are RN, with at least 500 hrs work experience in hospital, and with 7.0 grade in IELTS, and show money in your account, then you are qualified and can apply direct to NZ embassy in Manila.

If you are not yet RN you can still apply, visit nz embassy website in Manila, but you can work only as Caregiver. Like UK, the wages is different from working in hospital and Carehomes. I have friend there already working in carehome and niece in hospital. they said, it's also a nice place to live:xxgrinning--00xx3:

There are some agencies but applying direct to embassy is much better.

Goodluck!

thank u so much for the info, such a great help. yup she will sponsor me, btw may i ask again how f u're an RN coming to UK? what steps are u goin to take to be an RN in UK? thanx:)

john sergison
6th August 2008, 18:32
the company named affinity has just called the recievers in, so some of the people who are using or have paid in advance to them have got problems now

sweetiechic
7th August 2008, 05:14
the company named affinity has just called the recievers in, so some of the people who are using or have paid in advance to them have got problems now

yup i already heard that, and im not planning to go to the agency, i'l just do it myself. what do yah think? can i make it without the help of the agency?

pennybarry
7th August 2008, 08:53
yup i already heard that, and im not planning to go to the agency, i'l just do it myself. what do yah think? can i make it without the help of the agency?

You can do it if embassy will be convinced about your applications, Have your bank account ready, your Mom's account, and all evidences to satisfy the embassy.

Affinity's website is always offline:NoNo:.

You can be Registered here if you are RN in the Philippines. Please visit NHS website. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sweetiechic
7th August 2008, 16:51
You can do it if embassy will be convinced about your applications, Have your bank account ready, your Mom's account, and all evidences to satisfy the embassy.

Affinity's website is always offline:NoNo:.

You can be Registered here if you are RN in the Philippines. Please visit NHS website. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks, but am not an RN yet.:NoNo: need to pass the board exam pa.:)

jguanlao
23rd August 2008, 10:30
thanks, but am not an RN yet.:NoNo: need to pass the board exam pa.:)

we almost have the same situation. i am graduate of BSN but did'nt take my board exam there in PI. im now here in UK with my husband. currently working as a carer. my suggestion is, since u'r saying that u'r mother can sponsor u to come here, work here as a carer and u can study NVQ while working. about registering here these are the requirements: pass IELTS exam or a score of 7, u have to be registered in PI and work experience of atleast 1year then you can register to NMC but after registering to them u still have to study here under Overseas Nursing Program.