PDA

View Full Version : ILR - Supporting Letter

IainBusby
3rd August 2008, 11:51
Hi All,
I wonder if any of you who have been there, done that, could tell me if it's expected that a letter of support from the spouse would be included with an ILR application just as it is with the original settlement visa application.
Cheers,
Iain.

joebloggs
3rd August 2008, 12:36
i don't think you need to, but i think it helps,

I did, just a paragraph on my job, finances, accommodation and relationship with the misses, and to explain anything, like the wife working, 20 bits of evidence, about your step daughter applying for ILR to, etc

Ann07
3rd August 2008, 13:40
thanks for that info joe...as im preparing mine too now though I still have few months left. Ive been saving all the documents we've got and sorted it by months since for almost 2 years now and its more than 20 copies:D. And that supporting letter is a good idea:xxgrinning--00xx3: thanks again.

Geraldine
4th August 2008, 08:49
Hi!

I dont have a support letter when I applied for my ILR, I just compiled all the documents neatly and orderly. I sorted the 20 docs by date, put a cover page that itemized them by date, source and name. I did the same with the bank statements. It was returned to me with my ILR after 4weeks.

Including a support letter will be alright though. Wouldnt hurt :)

IainBusby
4th August 2008, 11:38
i don't think you need to, but i think it helps,

I did, just a paragraph on my job, finances, accommodation and relationship with the misses, and to explain anything, like the wife working, 20 bits of evidence, about your step daughter applying for ILR to, etc

Hi!

I dont have a support letter when I applied for my ILR, I just compiled all the documents neatly and orderly. I sorted the 20 docs by date, put a cover page that itemized them by date, source and name. I did the same with the bank statements. It was returned to me with my ILR after 4weeks.

Including a support letter will be alright though. Wouldnt hurt :)

Thanks for your replies guys and gals, I think I will include a support letter.

Cheers,
Iain.