Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Oman Air

Oman Air

This was the first time i flew with Oman air, No problems at Heathrow all went smoothly, then when we landed in Muscat i and a few others were told that we were to late for our Oman Air connecting flight to Manila, we were offered an alternative flight several hours later to Bahrain, and then on to Manila, i refused and took the alternative offer of an overnight stay in Muscat, and on to Manila the next day, unfortunately this meant i had lost my hotel booking in Manila, and my flight to Cagayan De Oro, Oman Air refused to compensate me for these costs, i later met up with one of my fellow passengers who had taken the Bahrain alternative she told me Oman Air had refused to compensate her for her missed flight to Davao, she like me had to make book another flight but to Davao, this lady had kindly messaged my Gf on Fb that i would be late arriving.
    On my return flight when i landed in Muscat, I saw that there was a Oman Air London bound Flight due to go 1 1/2 hours from that time, so i made myself known to Oman Air, and asked that as i was let down on my outgoing flight, could they possibly get me onto this flight, rather than me waiting 13 1/2 hours for my booked flight, they said it would not be possible, what they really meant was that they couldnt be bothered, Im afraid this will be the last time i will be flying with Oman Air..

Thanks Harry for the tip, sorry you seemed to have a bad experience with your flights, but like you have said you will not use them again.

Never dealt with Oman air when I worked at Heathrow. But they didn't have a good reputation from what I heard from others around Heathrow.

What was the price you paid Harry for the flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    This was the first time i flew with Oman air, No problems at Heathrow all went smoothly, then when we landed in Muscat i and a few others were told that we were to late for our Oman Air connecting flight to Manila, we were offered an alternative flight several hours later to Bahrain, and then on to Manila, i refused and took the alternative offer of an overnight stay in Muscat, and on to Manila the next day, unfortunately this meant i had lost my hotel booking in Manila, and my flight to Cagayan De Oro, Oman Air refused to compensate me for these costs, i later met up with one of my fellow passengers who had taken the Bahrain alternative she told me Oman Air had refused to compensate her for her missed flight to Davao, she like me had to make book another flight but to Davao, this lady had kindly messaged my Gf on Fb that i would be late arriving.
    On my return flight when i landed in Muscat, I saw that there was a Oman Air London bound Flight due to go 1 1/2 hours from that time, so i made myself known to Oman Air, and asked that as i was let down on my outgoing flight, could they possibly get me onto this flight, rather than me waiting 13 1/2 hours for my booked flight, they said it would not be possible, what they really meant was that they couldnt be bothered, Im afraid this will be the last time i will be flying with Oman Air..

... O(h) man! 's awful !

Singapore air is the only way to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    What was the price you paid Harry for the flight.
    £406 Steve, I have written to Oman Air customer service, mentioning what Iv lost due entirely to there fault, and asking for a refund/compensation, they have acknowledged my email, i will keep you updated.

Why didn't you take up their offer of the flight via Bahrain

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    Singapore air is the only way to fly.
    Cathy Pacific and etihad are very good. Never flown with Singapore airlines, they could be better.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Why didn't you take up their offer of the flight via Bahrain
    Because it was still a long wait in Muscat for the Bahrain Flight, a fellow passenger took up the Bahrain offer i met her later in Valencia, she still missed her Onward Manila to Davao Flight.

£406 Steve, I have written to Oman Air customer service, mentioning what Iv lost due entirely to there fault, and asking for a refund/compensation, they have acknowledged my email, i will keep you updated.

Dear Mr. Paul Tromans,

SUB: WY102/27NOV16 London-Muscat

This has reference to your claim regarding the delay of the above mentioned flight from London to Muscat and subsequent misconnection of your onward flight from Muscat to Manila. Thank you for contacting us with your concerns and giving us the opportunity to review the matter and revert to you.

Mr. Tromans, at the outset, we regret to learn of the inconveniences caused to you due to the delay of your flight from London. In order to review and settle your claim amicably, kindly provide us with the copy of the bills/invoices for the hotel in Manila, the booking for the flight from Manila to Cagayan de Oro (with the fare) and also the invoice of your holiday package, for our review.

Once again we regret that this travel experience was not your expectations and we look forward to hearing from you in order to expedite a favourable settlement of your claim.

Assuring you of our care and concern always,

With kind regards,

Ms. Deepa Kaimal
    Supervisor - Customer Relations

Dear Mr. Tromans,

Thank you for your mail below !!

I have received all the attachments sent by you. Kindly allow me a few days to review them with the management and revert to you with our response.

Thank you once again and I hope we will be able to retain you as our loyal customer.

With kind regards,

Deepa Kaimal

Dear Mr. Paul Tromans,

SUB: WY102/27NOV16 London-Muscat

This has reference to your claim regarding the delay of the above mentioned flight from London to Muscat and subsequent misconnection of your onward flight from Muscat to Manila. Thank you for contacting us with your concerns and giving us the opportunity to review the matter and revert to you.

Mr. Tromans, at the outset, we regret to learn of the inconveniences caused to you due to the delay of your flight from London. In order to review and settle your claim amicably, kindly provide us with the copy of the bills/invoices for the hotel in Manila, the booking for the flight from Manila to Cagayan de Oro (with the fare) and also the invoice of your holiday package, for our review.

Once again we regret that this travel experience was not your expectations and we look forward to hearing from you in order to expedite a favourable settlement of your claim.

Assuring you of our care and concern always,

With kind regards,

Ms. Deepa Kaimal
    Supervisor - Customer Relations

Dear Mr. Tromans,

Thank you for your mail below !!

I have received all the attachments sent by you. Kindly allow me a few days to review them with the management and revert to you with our response.

Thank you once again and I hope we will be able to retain you as our loyal customer.

With kind regards,

Deepa Kaimal

Its a good start Harry ,

Well i have been offered compensation for the extra flight costs incurred due to my missed connection in Muscat, and for the missed Hotel booking in Manila, which i have accepted, and its been signed off, i am just waiting now for my refund. Thank you Oman Air.. I put this claim in direct to Oman Air by myself.

Now then some may recall that early in 2016 i had a similar experience due to re-arranged flights not due to my fault but due to Saudia Airlines re-arranging my Flights from Manila to Heathrow, that time i tried to claim through some of these no win claim companies, i tried by filling in a couple of online forms, they both came back with similar replies which were, due to the fact Saudi Airlines/Cathay Pacific HQ were not in Europe, they could not take on my case so i let it drop. This time i felt that i could not again be out of pocket due to no fault of mine, so i went directly to the Airline , and now i have been offered compensation by the Airline concerned.
    Oman Air have agreed to my claim under something called The Montreal Convention which they are signatories to, and they have accepted that my additional costs incurred, were due to the Delay, and subsequent missed connection, and that they will refund these costs. I think i still have my receipts from earlier in 2016, so i will be contacting Saudi airlines directly, to see if i can get a refund of my extra costs incurred through there fault, Saudi Airlines are also signatories of this Montreal agreement..
    So my advice to anyone is dont always rely on these claim companies, sometimes its better to do it yourself..

Well done Harry,

Great job Harry

Fair play to Oman Air, credit where credits due on looking online today i see the following

20/03/2017 TRANSFER FROM OMAN AIR S.A.O.C CPO SEEB. REF: £85.06

Unlike some other large companies who take weeks and weeks to make refunds this was done in a few days, well done & thank you..

Nice.

Darn sight quicker than my tax refund is taking

Muscat into the habit of choosing a better airline, Harry

Thread Information