Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Secret to a good marriage

What's the secret to a good happy marriage or ain't there one.
    We all have our ups and downs in any married life but many stay together through thick and thin while others fail after so long, so what is the secrets.
    Mine is to laugh together and try to understand each other too, it's not just what i am wanting in life now.

Respected Member
    Keeping your mouth shut sometimes, well I need to anyway :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post

Indeed, knowing when to keep your gob shut and bugger off down the pub for an hour or four

Knowing your wife is always right

Is there a secret,or is it natural chemistry and symbiosis?My grandparents were married for over 60 years,some relationships are more durable than others,some marriages flounder on the rocks within a year,i have seen a few on here that didn't have decent foundations and perished,who knows the answer,its human beings,theres no mathematical calculus nor chemical formulae to predict who is going to last the distance and which couple will fall at the first hurdle

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    I thought you was telling me something here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Is there a secret,or is it natural chemistry and symbiosis?My grandparents were married for over 60 years,some relationships are more durable than others,some marriages flounder on the rocks within a year,i have seen a few on here that didn't have decent foundations and perished,who knows the answer,its human beings,theres no mathematical calculus nor chemical formulae to predict who is going to last the distance and which couple will fall at the first hurdle
    Never thought about it really , many of us are in the same boat or, we have a partner who is from the Philippines, i know of a few who have a funny relationship, but i don't know anyone who has divorced yet

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    I thought you was telling me something here.
    LOL! no, me, or men in general

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Never thought about it really , many of us are in the same boat or, we have a partner who is from the Philippines, i know of a few who have a funny relationship, but i don't know anyone who has divorced yet
    Seen a number of guys on this forum go the old D...I...V...O...R...C...E dolly parton route since I have been on,and know a goodly number in the real world divorced from pinays,and others suffering in silence no different from same ethnicity marriages.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    Living in different countries ?

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post

TOP of the list in my book ... give & take.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Yes, a very , Graham ... absence (as you've discovered!) can - and often does - make the heart grow fonder.

Dont know the answer; married once divorced once, me and my ex still get along fine, if i think it was all the baggage that was around us that was the biggest issue, the baggage wont ever go away after all its her family, and blood is thicker than water.

Having already mentioned my own tips ... ... I should, perhaps, admit that, in many ways I've been luckier than some with each of my two marriages.

However, few can predict what lies in store for them, ... because I've also experienced the heartbreak of losing my first wife to cancer - exactly a year prior to our Silver Wedding - a salutory lesson that life, itself, ISN'T always plain sailing.

I also don't know the answer, be a rich man if I did, I've been married just once for 21 years or is it 22 and I'm still having to work at it...

Listening .

Thread Information