Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very good report on SKY news this morning,wrong choice for a reporter however,a blonde woman,she stands out like a sore thumb,the news team had incoming rounds almost as soon as they set foot near the front line.They report 350+ dead in the city,Daesh are being subject to airstrikes daily,its a very active theatre

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Additional sky news footage,theres a LOT of small arms fire,you can hear it constantly,IS news agency are showing a propaganda vid filmed in marawi,its fighters are heavily armed,sky just flew a drone over the city,lots of burnt out buildings some still aflame,I thought tough talking duterte would have squashed this by now.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Cholera outbreak hits marawi refugee's
    http://www.skynews.com.au/news/world...-war-zone.html

An American professor of south-east Asian politics is being interviewed,he said the pinoy military are incapable of dealing with the problem alone and now have between 50-300 American "advisors" helping in mindanao,and he is saying dutertes popularity is taking a dip as he seems unable to stamp down on the group that have realistically seized control of a Filipino city,all bark no bite

Im a DU30 supporter and the old adage comes to mind, a worker is only as good as the tools that he has, or someone is only as strong as his weakest link.
    From what i have seen of the Filipino army, and you would know far more then me Tawi, the Philippine Army are ill equipped, and probably even less well trained, really nothing more than glorified policeman, it wouldnt take much for a well equipped, and properly trained Terrorist outfit to cause them problems, probably the only advantage the Army have is numbers, but if they are up against well equipped Terrorists they will quickly lose heart for the fight.

I remember Duterte saying the best way to deal with terrorist is through dialogue,now when he has to face the realities of IS gaining a real foothold in pinas he says he wont open talks with them,his right hand doesn't know what his left is doing,and these terrorists I know in Mindanao at the moment haven't been to the afghan border with Pakistan at terrorist training camps,i would hazard a guess they have no real military training per se,i think a lot of times dutertes tongue issues cheques his actions cant cash,it was only a short while ago he was decrying the USA and became a china advocate,now he has US special forces in Mindanao

Yes i was wondering where the Chinese special forces were in times of need, certainly in times like these is when you know who your real friends are, I would have thought that if ISIS really are attempting to set up a Califate ? in Mindanao then its in all of Asia,s interest to support Duterte against this Terror threat.

Mindanao is a stones throw from sabah (predominantly muslim)which borders Kalimantan (Indonesian part of borneo)Indonesia is the most populous muslim country in the world,if abu sayyaf or maute group ever even dreamt of an Islamic caliphate on Mindanao duterte should be very worried indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I remember Duterte saying the best way to deal with terrorist is through dialogue, now when he has to face the realities of IS gaining a real foothold in pinas he says he won't open talks with them,his right hand doesn't know what his left is doing,and these terrorists I know in Mindanao at the moment haven't been to the afghan border with Pakistan at terrorist training camps,i would hazard a guess they have no real military training per se,i think a lot of times dutertes tongue issues cheques his actions cant cash,it was only a short while ago he was decrying the USA and became a china advocate,now he has US special forces in Mindanao
    The two Maute brothers used to be part of the Moro group and were well trained in the middle east in countries like Jordan.. A surprisingly large number of ISIS foreign rag heads were found recently amongst the dead there.
    This is not a fight in the jungle where air strikes can wipe out huge areas at a time..It`s a building to building, urban clearing operation chasing cowards hiding in Mosques holding Christian hostages.
    How long have they been trying to take Mosul with the resources they have there?
    DU 30 says it will be over in a matter of days..I hope he is right but still think it`s extremely optimistic to say the least.

http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/06/29/1...matter-of-days

I dread to think how the Aquino administration would have dealt with this situation...Does not bear thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    The two Maute brothers used to be part of the Moro group and were well trained in the middle east in countries like Jordan.. A surprisingly large number of ISIS foreign rag heads were found recently amongst the dead there.
    This is not a fight in the jungle where air strikes can wipe out huge areas at a time..It`s a building to building, urban clearing operation chasing cowards hiding in Mosques holding Christian hostages.
    How long have they been trying to take Mosul with the resources they have there?
    DU 30 says it will be over in a matter of days..I hope he is right but still think it`s extremely optimistic to say the least.

http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/06/29/1...matter-of-days

I dread to think how the Aquino administration would have dealt with this situation...Does not bear thinking about.
    Your right there Fred.

Isis dead found where?Jordan?Most pinoy fighters who went to places for training never made it back,and as far as I am aware most Islamic fighters in camps trained in Libya,syria,and Pakistan/Afghanistan border,i know its street fighting,but to be honest marawi city isn't exactly huge,totally different scenari to mosul,it wont be over in days if duterte says that,think weeks maybe longer and your closer to the truth

Isis dead found where?Jordan?Most pinoy fighters who went to places for training never made it back,and as far as I am aware most Islamic fighters in camps trained in Libya,syria,and Pakistan/Afghanistan border,i know its street fighting,but to be honest marawi city isn't exactly huge,totally different scenari to mosul,it wont be over in days if duterte says that,think weeks maybe longer and your closer to the truth

No..Foreign ISIS rag heads and Chechens found dead in Marawi City..
    The Maute brothers studied in Jordon and Eygpt.
    That`s where they became radicalized,connected and evil.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    The two Maute brothers used to be part of the Moro group and were well trained in the middle east in countries like Jordan.. A surprisingly large number of ISIS foreign rag heads were found recently amongst the there
    If you look at your post fred you can see why I thought the dead were found jn Jordan and its actually said one of them became radicalised while teaching at a madrassa,a religious school of learning in Indonesia.Theres been maybe a dozen foreign fighters found dead in marawi including Indonesians,malaysians,a Chechen,and a Yemeni national,given the geographic nature and the relatively recent attack it was always going to be malay and indo fighters most likely to be the foreign jihads slipping in from sabah back-door as pinoys always say.

China is arming the pinoy army,interesting comments,even the idiot who said the UK should get involved
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy_l0NagJV0

Fighting still ongoing, someone told me yesterday so far around 86 Filipino military dead?

interesting watch...........
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbdq-effkQk

Marawi conflict enters its 3rd month with no prospect of it ending anytime soon. Some good pics in this article...

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/siege-maraw...nition-1631610

Fighting is still ongoing in or around Marawi but I was told at the weekend there's a media blackout on the news. Anyone heard this? Also lots of marines in Zambo heading down to fighting in Basilan.

Respected Member
    Any news on this? Have they smoked out the bad guys yet? Seems to be taking an unrealistic amount of time, even if they are waiting out to save the hostages.

The conflict will be over in three days, sources are predicting - or sometime in October.

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    The conflict will be over in three days, sources are predicting - or sometime in October.
    Allah be praised ... I slam Islam!

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Didn't they say 2 weeks 2 months ago?Three days?Time will tell

Didn't they say 2 weeks 2 months ago?Three days?Time will tell
    If my maths serves me correct, they've got 8 hours for that prediction to be right.

So it should be over now then eh?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Marawi

On 12 December 2016, in a speech before the Wallace Business Forum Dinner, Duterte dared the Maute group to attack Marawi, stating: "Because they (the Maute group) threatened to go down from the mountains to burn down Marawi? Go ahead, be my guest. We will wait for you there. Walang problema (No problem)..............

Time to start again...
    Finish leveling all structures and turn Marawi into one large piggery...
    Make it a national hub of Philippines pork production.
    Relocate innocent Muslims to Tawi Tawi.

Respected Member
    One thing I find strange is the general attitude of Filipinos about this. They don't seem too bothered. Imagine if this was a remote part of the UK such as Aberdeen or Londonderry (remote as in far from the thoughts and minds of those in London). Or imagine if the IRA had tried to take over Belfast and declared a new state. The whole UK would be constantly talking about it, angry, etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information