Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Right, looks like a plan is coming together. Wedding is going to be in February, I plan on arriving on 28th January and wil have embassy appointment booked for 30th January, marriage certificate appointment for 31st and then the wedding on 25th February that is the 28th day of my visit. Will this be enough time for the marriage license to process etc you think?

Quote Originally Posted by ssbib View Post
    Right, looks like a plan is coming together. Wedding is going to be in February, I plan on arriving on 28th January and wil have embassy appointment booked for 30th January, marriage certificate appointment for 31st and then the wedding on 25th February that is the 28th day of my visit. Will this be enough time for the marriage license to process etc you think?
    Try again.
    Ideally you need to work your project plan backwards from the wedding day taking account of your departure date.

Once you've made eligible application for the marriage licence you need at least 10 days for the bans before the wedding can take place.

Your eligible application may well involve a counselling session. Take heed.
    Have your fiancee check out the local requirement and have confirmation.

On the other hand, if you're able to stray beyond your 30 days and you can manage the extra days from work then go ahead.

Do check everything and maker sure it all fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Try again.
    Ideally you need to work your project plan backwards from the wedding day taking account of your departure date.

Once you've made eligible application for the marriage licence you need at least 10 days for the bans before the wedding can take place.

Your eligible application may well involve a counselling session. Take heed.
    Have your fiancee check out the local requirement and have confirmation.

On the other hand, if you're able to stray beyond your 30 days and you can manage the extra days from work then go ahead.

Do check everything and maker sure it all fits.
    My leave from work hasn't been approved yet but I think it will be but I don't think I will be able to take any more time off. My fiancé is going to go to the courthouse on Tuesday and find out more about the marriage licence, ie. Can we pay money to get it quicker etc. And then we are going to book a wedding date around that. Then I will book flights, book the embassy appointment (how far in advance can I do this?) and make an appointment for th marriage licence too. Then we will work around that. The current plan gives us 25 days from licence application to the wedding so that should be plenty shouldn't it? We are thinking of having the wedding 17 days after the licence application...would this be enough time? That would leave us a week to spend together after the marriage whereas having it 25 days later would mean that I have to go straight home the following day.

Thread Information