Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    A friend, she is the Filipino wife of a UK national (he also has Irish nationality) living with husband in Spain, she has permanent residencia.

Yesterday they went to British Consulate Madrid to get permission to travel together to UK for a holiday.

I thought they would get an EEA permit (free) but they were told she had to apply for a Visa, at cost of £110 plus courier costs when it is approved.

They asked what about the ECJ finding and were told that when/ if that ever became effective it would appear on the UK Gov web page.

I have looked at the page to apply for the EEA permit but it 'leads to' the visa application.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    A friend, she is the Filipino wife of a UK national (he also has Irish nationality) living with husband in Spain, she has permanent residencia.

Yesterday they went to British Consulate Madrid to get permission to travel together to UK for a holiday.

I thought they would get an EEA permit (free) but they were told she had to apply for a Visa, at cost of £110 plus courier costs when it is approved.

They asked what about the ECJ finding and were told that when/ if that ever became effective it would appear on the UK Gov web page.

I have looked at the page to apply for the EEA permit but it 'leads to' the visa application.
    These unaccountable bureaucrats are having a laugh

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post

They got the passport back yesterday with the visa.

Thread Information