Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All days will count, saturday and sunday will count in the 10 days.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    where did u get that info? Book and these will be displayed in a public place (in the case of a civil wedding at the local Municipal Trial Court, as the marriage takes place in the Court) for a period of 10 (working) days

Newbie (Restricted Access) gcarn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by irishman12 View Post
    where did u get that info? Book and these will be displayed in a public place (in the case of a civil wedding at the local Municipal Trial Court, as the marriage takes place in the Court) for a period of 10 (working) days
    Can someone please confirm which is right? I need to know if I have to change dates. For information, it will be a Civil Wedding in Angeles City.

Also, I'm applying for the UK CNI on Friday but have been advised by my local registry office that I might need to provide details such as where the wedding is taking place (possible even the suite/room number). Can anyone advise advise on what information they gave when applying for CNI?

Just another thought, do I need to give Notice Of Marriage at the embassy or do I just need to change over the CNI?

Thanks

gcarn,

I can't 100% tell you if 10 days in ten working days or 10 straight days, sometimes this can depend on where you submit your papers, but allow for a couple of extra days.
    For the UK CNI, you give details of where you are going to get married (in Phils), but it is only the location, ie: town/church/municiple nothing more in my experience. They don't need to know your inside leg measurement Just make sure you take your original copy of your final decree of any previous marriage as the DO need that, plus birth cert, details of your fiancee again, basic details that you should know anyway.

As for your last point, when you go to the embassy to exchange your UK CNI, I guess they already know your intention to marry as it's a pointless exercise otherwise.

Good luck, just be organised and leave nothing to chance.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by gcarn View Post
    Can someone please confirm which is right? I need to know if I have to change dates. For information, it will be a Civil Wedding in Angeles City......
    gcarn,

For what it's worth Executive Order No.209 (The Family Code of the Philippines)

States:-
    Art. 17. The local civil registrar shall prepare a notice which shall contain the full names and residences of the applicants for a marriage license and other data given in the applications. The notice shall be posted for ten consecutive days on a bulletin board outside the office of the local civil registrar located in a conspicuous place within the building and accessible to the general public. This notice shall request all persons having knowledge of any impediment to the marriage to advise the local civil registrar thereof. The marriage license shall be issued after the completion of the period of publication.
    Just for completeness it goes on to state:-

Art. 20. The license shall be valid in any part of the Philippines for a period of one hundred twenty days from the date of issue, and shall be deemed automatically canceled at the expiration of the said period if the contracting parties have not made use of it. The expiry date shall be stamped in bold characters on the face of every license issued.
    As you know and in line with what Steve.r mentions, there may always be 'local variations' in Philippines.
    After all if the licence is not issued until after 11,12 or 13 days then it still complies with the legal requirement provided it has been posted continuously for a minimum 10 consecutive days.
    Better to always check and verify. IMO

Thread Information