Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
Try to have a 30 day stay in the Phils. That is the maximum allowed there without a visa.

It is your partner who needs to get a CENOMAR from NSO, not you. She will also need a Cedula.

The civil ceremony would normally take place in a local (partner's ?) town/city hall . Handily, this is also normally the location of the Registrar's office.

Your partner just needs to go along there ASAP to find out what their requirements from each party will be. They will often give out a printed list.

Some Filipino documents are available online now.

Google is your friend.
What is a Cedula? Sorry for all the questions but this is all new to me. Basically we need to choose a venue for the marriage and then ask them what we need before the ceremony and then set out gathering all the evidence? We can pre-prepare and get some of this beforehand though.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
It's true that the foreign partner doesn't legally need a CENOMAR. However many authorities are demanding it.

Your Fiancee needs to check the actual paperwork at the place of marriage. Everything needs to be checked.

Delays due to lack of documents isn't something you need.

The precise documentary requirement varies .....depending
If the local authority is demanding one from me, how do I go about getting one?

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
Do you still need to go to the pre marriage seminar before they allow you to get married? The person taking ours told us it's a waste of time unless you are teenagers. For people our age we should know about the birds and bees etc etc...
They really teach you about all that? Hopefully I don't have to sit through a sex-ed class. Had enough of that when I was in school, haha. I suppose it could be good for young couples though.