Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
    Thanks, looks like there was an update since last I checked (a few months ago and then reported the tool as insufficient).

Still the tool could use improvement. If I were non-EU person living on the European mainland with my EU spouse and we were to plan a 1-4 week holiday to the UK I'd fill in the fields with answers such as " What are you coming to the UK to do? --> TOURISM" as we are going on a holiday to the UK. I wouldn't look "Join partner or family for a long stay" ! I would then be told to get a visa, the page does not show any links to the EEA permit. I would then apply for a UK visa, go to a VAC not knowing any better then that I would need a UK visa and pay a fee, but at the VAC with one simple question they could find out that I would be eligible for EU/EEA-familymember procedure.

Or they could simply make the website more user friendly by taking common mistakes, oversights or unclear instructions/options into account. A holiday vistor needing to answer " long stay" is not logical and it must be a common " error" on the part of the applicant, therefor I would also consider it an error on the side&site of UKVI.

I hope Bhem reports back, if the Spanish embassy or VFS does not give a positive response they may wish to contact SOLVIT (EU ombudsman):
    http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens...y/index_en.htm --> scroll down to the bottom.

From other migration sites/forums I know people in various EU countries successfully got their fee back from several embassies after Solvit intervened. In some cases the embassy choses to ignore Solvit as they have no legal powers. Still, Solvit reports all cases to the EU Commission and they are very much aware that member states too often mess around with people's rights. The proposed new Schengen visa rules are meant to tackle this among other improvements.
    Hello donutz, hubby decided to just leave it. He can't be bothered to do it plus I got my visa on time anyway. He just want me to apply naturalisation as soon as I can so we don't need to go through all of these again.
    ''The grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but there still gonna be on it''

Quote Originally Posted by bhem_bhem View Post
    Hello donutz, hubby decided to just leave it. He can't be bothered to do it plus I got my visa on time anyway. He just want me to apply naturalisation as soon as I can so we don't need to go through all of these again.
    Glad to hear you got your visa Bhem Bhem, that's the most important. I hadn't seen any updates while the visa should have been issued within 2 weeks so I started to worry. It's rather sad that embassies toy around with people and legislation though, and indeed the best solution to end any uncertainty like this is to naturlize. Save & happy travels!

Thread Information