Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member

Wink My early CFO experience..

Hello Everyone

I want to share my experience so I can help others

We thought that I don't need to attend CFO seminar as I only have a visit visa (for marriage) but it was completely wrong.

I called the CFO office yesterday to ask about it and they said that it is still a requirement as I am marrying a Foreign National. So ok,

Today, I went to attend the seminar in CFO office it is located in Quirino Ave cor. Osmena Highway.. It is infront of Shakeys and there is also a Jollibee nearby so that will be your landmark as this is in a residential area.
    I was there as early as 5:30am and there was 30 people ahead of me already there were no list you just need to line up. (It is a mixup line: USA, EUrope and other Asian Countries in one line just hope that 15 slots for Europe won't be fill up or else better luck next time. Haha

They open up at 6:45am, there was a lady who will assess the docs, she will ask for a Valid Id in exchange of another ID for the CFO seminar. and she will also look for the photocopies of your ids. (There is a nearby photocopy centre and a small store in case you don't have a pen) then she ask me to go to 3rd Floor there was an elevator and a stairs. I chose the stairs bec it is taking ages for the elevator

3rd Floor- once you go inside they will give u a form, so fill it up along with the copies of your passport and ids. Then they will take a picture smile they will then ask u to go to a room with Europe sign it is just beside USA. I was done before 7:30. So I went outside to eat breakfast and came back at 8:30. (If you are brave enough to cross Osmena Highway you can go to Shakeys and Jollibee but if you are not then you can eat in a small eatery beside CFO)

9am- the facilitator started the one on one interview. But was cut because it was already 9:30.. So other half will be interviewed after the seminar.

9:30-12nn Seminar started, CFO mission vision, marriage topics, cultures, then a group sharing, afterwards she talked about the immigrations and pre-departure preparations. Then European countries how to obtain a permit then citizenship etc..

After the seminar we were asked to go downstairs to pay for the seminar fee (P400) the cashier was very fast he handed me a receipt then asked me to wait to be called for the release of passport and certificate. 5mins it's done.
    Passport with my Certificate--I don't have the sticker yet bec they said ill get it when I have the settlement visa.

It is nice to meet new friends so Enjoy even if the seminar is a bit boring

So I guess, I won't have any problem with the Immigration
    Last edited by captaincay; 18th February 2014 at 22:31. Reason: Spelling

Thread Information