Hi everyone, I am here to ask your advice and opinions.

My son is engaged to a Filipino lady. He has been to her home and spent a month with her and her extended family. He has been home for over 2 months now and his fiancee is still in the Philipines.

Since he came home, he has sent a lot of money over to her (way more than he actually has, and he told her so). I am beginning to think he may be getting scammed. I am sorry if this post offends anyone who has asked for help genuinely, but this is how his last 2 months have gone..

She said she was ill and needed money for hospital visits ... a lot of hospital visits ... following which, she eventually said she was pregnant, then not, now is? Then she said (even though my son had said her symptoms sounded like anaemia and told her what meds to get to get to help) she initially said she was diagnosed with Leukaemia! Then a week or so later changed this to anaemia, and needed more money for meds that maybe wouldn't be given (in this country anyway) She also said she had her phone stolen from a family member's home whilst she was sleeping, borrowed £100 from someone who then threatened to take the engagement ring if my son didn't repay by a certain day (my son did not ask her to borrow money or offer to pay initially but did repay after the threat).

Now she says she needs money for a scan on her head as she has been involved in a bike accident. This has all taken place during the last 8 weeks during which time my son has had lots of excuses as to why she has not yet even got her passport. My son is quite distressed by all of this as he desperately wants to spend the rest of his life with his fiancee but is also becoming suspicious of all the demands for money. Please advise, and sorry for the long post x