Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
Thanks the comments guys.

I was a police liaison officer with passport office in UK so have/had considerable background knowledge about UK passports. It is for that reason I ask what the law demands, not because I want to test what an officer at the immigration desk might understand/misunderstand about the law.

I know that a UK national does not need a PP to enter UK. However in most circumstances the airlines will not let one travel to UK without a valid PP. I cannot believe the same does not apply to RoP. After all, how many Filipinos who have never traveled have a PP, thus not a requirement to live there.

John
Its not compulsory for a Filipino to have a passport is it!
A Filipino returning home using only an Irish passport will be issued a Balikbayan stamp which is a one year visa free stay.. Presentation of an expired R.P passport is not evidence of dual nationality.Obviously..If they had a valid Filipino passport they would need no visa at all.

I know that a UK national does not need a PP to enter UK.
So what I.D would they need at UK immigration if they had no passport and how would they have been able to travel without one in any scenario ?
I`m pretty sure I could persuade an airline to let me travel to my home country if I had lets say a month left of validity but I doubt I could swing it if it was expired.