Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Whilst Im not pretending to be an expert on such matters, i did work with Plastics for many years, there is an additive thats added to the granules when its mixed prior to it being made into any product, its called commonly FR thats stands for Fire Retardent, its very easy to not add the FR to the granules, and its also cost saving, whilst Im not for one moment saying this is whats happened i suspect its highly likely, now whilst the people who were responsible for the renovation are being highlighted at the moment, there is a very strong possibility that it could be the Manufacturers of these panels that are at fault, we cannot expect end users to test every product that they use, but we do expect products do do what they say on the Tin.
    I can think of one example only a few years ago, where we were supposed to use UV in a product that helps maintain colour in a product over a certain number of years, in this instance the Material Handler forgot to mix this UV in with the Granules at the beginning of the production run, it was discovered during the run, and hastily added for the remaining production run, mistakes happen some due to human error some as a blatant cost cutting exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    Whilst Im not pretending to be an expert on such matters, i did work with Plastics for many years, there is an additive thats added to the granules when its mixed prior to it being made into any product, its called commonly FR thats stands for Fire Retardent, its very easy to not add the FR to the granules, and its also cost saving, whilst Im not for one moment saying this is whats happened i suspect its highly likely, now whilst the people who were responsible for the renovation are being highlighted at the moment, there is a very strong possibility that it could be the Manufacturers of these panels that are at fault, we cannot expect end users to test every product that they use, but we do expect products do do what they say on the Tin.
    I can think of one example only a few years ago, where we were supposed to use UV in a product that helps maintain colour in a product over a certain number of years, in this instance the Material Handler forgot to mix this UV in with the Granules at the beginning of the production run, it was discovered during the run, and hastily added for the remaining production run, mistakes happen some due to human error some as a blatant cost cutting exercise.
    I just read a post where someone says he was listening to an engineer on "This morning" that said the insulation section of the Ali panel is NOT required to be fire proof..
    Sounds to me like they think the fire can never get hot enough to melt aluminium..
    Blind leading the blind..
    Anyway...I`d rather live in a leaking slum dwelling than in one of those damned tower blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    I used to manufacture cleaning products etc. We used to make a lot of paint products for hospital​s which would have fire retardant powder as one of the chemicals added during the manufacturing process. Problem was it wasn't cheap, and with everybody trying to undercut everybody... We soon lost out to somebody who didn't add that to the paint.

Thread Information