But as I've been decorating my Daughter's bedroom I stored a lot of her stuff in there.
However when I was putting stuff back in my Daughter's room I noticed the laminate floor around the radiator looked a bit funny. On closer inspection it was very brittle.

Anyway seems the radiator valve is leaking. I had noticed the boiler losing pressure slightly the last few months.... Keep meaning to get it checked.

So after asking around a few local groups for a recommended plumber, I have one coming this morning. I know it's a bank holiday, but he said that's fine. He won't charge me extra! Just as well because the towel I wrapped around the pipe yesterday afternoon is soaked! Hopefully he will fix it today and not just look, shake his head and make excuses and tell me I need parts I don't.

My grandfather is a retired plumber, however he lives in Ireland. He said it's just the valve that needs replacing. However he will probably need to drain the system to change it unfortunately which may cost more than the valve!

We shall see!