Well i have been offered compensation for the extra flight costs incurred due to my missed connection in Muscat, and for the missed Hotel booking in Manila, which i have accepted, and its been signed off, i am just waiting now for my refund. Thank you Oman Air.. I put this claim in direct to Oman Air by myself.

Now then some may recall that early in 2016 i had a similar experience due to re-arranged flights not due to my fault but due to Saudia Airlines re-arranging my Flights from Manila to Heathrow, that time i tried to claim through some of these no win claim companies, i tried by filling in a couple of online forms, they both came back with similar replies which were, due to the fact Saudi Airlines/Cathay Pacific HQ were not in Europe, they could not take on my case so i let it drop. This time i felt that i could not again be out of pocket due to no fault of mine, so i went directly to the Airline , and now i have been offered compensation by the Airline concerned.
Oman Air have agreed to my claim under something called The Montreal Convention which they are signatories to, and they have accepted that my additional costs incurred, were due to the Delay, and subsequent missed connection, and that they will refund these costs. I think i still have my receipts from earlier in 2016, so i will be contacting Saudi airlines directly, to see if i can get a refund of my extra costs incurred through there fault, Saudi Airlines are also signatories of this Montreal agreement..
So my advice to anyone is dont always rely on these claim companies, sometimes its better to do it yourself..