Hi there everyone. I just wanted to stop by here and introduce myself. My name is Phill, I am 30 years old and I stumbled across your site a few days ago. Last night I decided to join and seek advice (and have received some excellent advice already!). So I wanted to say thank you to those who have offered advice so far and thank you to those who made this site. I met a girl online a year ago who just so happened to live in the Philippines. Since then I have visited her in Manila, she has introduced me to her family and then she has come to England, met my friends and family and we got engaged when I took her to London (I proposed on top of the Sky Garden on her birthday). Things are going great but sometimes my head feels full to bursting when I think of all the information we have to wade through and hoops we need to jump through in order to be together. Finding this site and this community has already been a big help for me and I hope that you don't mind if I call on you in the future.

For now though I have a question...how did you all meet your wives/ fiances/ girlfriends etc? We met on a site called Tagged. One of my tenants recommended it so I joined up. I wasn't really thinking of meeting anyone abroad but after a few weeks on the site I realised it wasn't for me and quit. Before I quit there was one woman on there who I felt I had a connection with and so I gave her my Skype ID so we could continue to chat after I quit the site. I never thought in a million years I would actually get to meet her, I thought she was too far away and I would never be able to find the courage or energy to make that trip. But we fell in love and after a while I would've moved Heaven and Earth to get to her. She is due back in England at the end of September as her visit visa is still valid until the end of November. I can't wait to see her again...