OK..So I eventually agreed for the Mrs to send her passport application along with our kids to Liverpool for renewal.. She also sent colour photo copies of their R.P passports..Which I now regret!

We received 3 separate emails saying this..

I note that you are applying for a British passport in the name (Her first name and married surname) You have also forwarded a copy of your Philippines passport in the name of (First name Mothers maiden name married surname).
From these documents Her Majesty's Passport Office has evidence which confirms that the name of (First name Married surname) which you have entered on your application form is not actually being used for all purposes and you are in fact holding current documents issued in different names.
For us to issue a passport in the name of (First name, Married surname, you would need to change the name shown on Philippines passport, or be able to show that an application has been made to the relevant authorities to change this.
If you have changed your name to (First name Married surname), please provide documentary evidence to confirm this.

Same letter to kids that are both over 16...
Of course,this is not possible as the name on a Filipino document requires the mothers maiden name or the fathers family name (if married)

So how to move forward?? We have answered all emails explaining the reasons but I am expecting a HMPO standard sorry but its policy type reply..

This is the type of issues us Expats can expect when UK passport renewals can no longer be processed at the Brit embassy in Manila...

I remember Jake said he had his families passports renewed but didn't seem to have this issue from HMPO.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....ssport+renewal