If I couldn't laugh I'd cry.

Went to the Immigration Office again yesterday with my bundle of papers and my application forms for my 13a visa.

Security seemed a bit stricter than usual with a highly visible armed military presence. My wife began looking tense so had to do some 'stroking' much earlier than planned.

Once inside I was pleasantly surprised to see the place almost empty. Just a few miserable looking foreigners sitting around waiting for the call to their next window.

I handed over my forms for the first check. Fail.
One of my forms was a photocopy of the other and both identical forms must be orginal.
I asked for another application form so I could fill it out and was told BI no longer gives out forms.
They need to be downloaded and printed.
Thought I'd be clever and said I don't have a printer. Go to an internet cafe they said.
Point, set and match BI

They also told me the forms must be printed on 8.5" x 13" paper. Mine were on A4 size.
The forms also need to be fastened into a buff legal folder with size 8.5" x 14" . Mine was a yellow 'legal short', whatever that means.
Our petition letter must also be on presented on 8.5" x 13" paper and should be addressed to the Commissioner of Immigration by name and not just by title.

I remained calm and asked if there was anything else wrong with the application. They wouldn't look, just said read the General Instructions available on their websight.....goodbye.

So here I am trying to fully comply with regulations I can't find written anywhere.
I've managed to get some 8.5" x 13" paper and an 8.5" x 14" buff coloured folder together with some fasteners.
I've redone our petition letter accordingly.

Can't go back to the office tomorrow so it'll have to be on Monday.
More to come.

Always look on the bright side of life