I know that this is the perfect site to ask about this since most of you guys are married. I just got married last 30th of august and obviously the only ID I have is my passport which is under my single name. I know it's not practical for my situation having a new passport with married name as I still have four more years validity of it. Question, which ID can I have with my married name on it?

My husband however put my last name as Harrison in water bills and council tax.

I'm planning to open a bank account, which name should I use?

I went to my local GP to update my civil status and also my name.

About finances, my husband has been living for years alone and all the expenses and bills are coming from his bank account, he asked me to open a bank account for myself and put the money we get from our wedding on it. Is that fair? What I'm planning is, get a bank account for myself (for my job and etc.) and open a joint account where we can put our savings like for our future house, future tours and ging out every weekend. Which is the ideal? Thing is, he just want me to give him £200 every month for everything (all expenses) and whatever left, we will use it for our lust and my personal savings which I find so unfair, id really want everything in half, I mean like electricity bills, council tax, tv license, water bill, mortgage, grocery. I want to pay half of it not just £200 so we can have equal allocation for our joint savings.

This is on my mind: every bill and necessities will be coming from joint as well as going out expenses, savings for our dream wedding and dream house

Then whatever is left from our salaries will be going to his personal and my personal savings (hope you can get what I'm saying hahaha) hard to explain lol

How about you guys? How do you manage this stuff? With your wives or hubbies? I would really love to hear from you.

PS. This is not a big issue though, just want to organise as much as possible so everything will be fair for both of us, I don't want him not having his own personal savings.